SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IS JOHN McCAIN *EVER* ON THE SIDE OF GOOD ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonMoseley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: IS JOHN McCAIN *EVER* ON THE SIDE OF GOOD ? Reply with quote

Some people may want to call John McCain's office through the capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask McCain to stop defending a self-confessed war criminal. Ask McCain to denounce John Kerry's 1971 Senate testimony smearing all 2.5 million Vietnam Vets as baby-killers, rapists, and Genghis Khan hordes. McCain's hypocrisy is clear: He only cares when Kerry's service record is attacked. He does not care when Bush's service in fighter aircraft was attacked. He has not spoken out against Michael Moore that I know of. And McCain has not complained about John Kerry attacking the service records of 2.5 MILLION Vietnam Vets as being the barbarians of Genghis Khan. What is wrong with John McCain? Is it a flashback of the Stockholm Syndrome? McCain always supports the wrong side.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote to McCain almost two weeks ago, and never even got the courtesy of a form letter.

I got more of a response from the serial fabricator, Mike Barnicle, on this issue (after he slammed the SBVT on the Imus show on 8/11/04 or thereabouts). And that isn't saying much.
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: McCain Flip Flop Reply with quote

John McCain feels that he is the face of the American POW, he served his country, and always tries deflect any criticism about fellow soldiers. He is making a fool of himself by defending Kerry's military service, at some point he has to take a stand. Campaign with the President and stand by him, or keep kissing Kerry's ass by coming down on all who question him. It's either or, you can't have it both ways!! I have two members of my family that were both POW's and looking at their faces is all I need to make my point. My uncle who was shot in the stomach in WWII, was left for dead in a POW camp after being kicked by a member of the Red Cross. He suffered more than anyone should have, and to see Kerry walking around like a peacock, speaking about his medals that he suppossedly threw away makes me physically ill. JOHN KERRY IS AN AMERICAN DISGRACE and if McCain doesn't wake the hell up, he'll be right there with him!!!!!God Bless Our Troops!!!!!!
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed him, no response
ISHMAEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: McCain Flip Flop Reply with quote

USWORHOCKEY wrote:
John McCain feels that he is the face of the American POW, he served his country, and always tries deflect any criticism about fellow soldiers.

Guys. This is your fight. Not McCain's. John McCain's behaviour reflects his own values -- not yours. He is being true to what he believes in. You can't ask him to fight for you when that runs counter to his own conscience.

It is obvious that what McCain wants is for the country to put Vietnam behind it. He is very uncomfortable with anything that threatens to bring the controversy of Vietnam back to the fore.

In my judgment, McCain has every right to think this way. He earned it.

I don't agree with MCain on very much but the man should not be derided simply because he happens to disagree. I respect him enormously as a human being and I think so should we all.

I respect all of you Swifties so much! Keep fighting for what YOU believe in!
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: WHAT DID HE SAY AND WHEN DID HE SAY IT. Reply with quote

UP ON RELEASE FROM POW CAMPS, WHAT DID HE SAY ON

THE PUBLIC RECORD ABOUT " THE VIETNAM VETS AGINST

THE WAR " AND ANY THING ABOUT KERRY?????????????????/
Will
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted by Moderator: Negative innuendo about McCain's record as a POW will not be tolerated.
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parts in bold help understand where McCain is coming from (agree or disagree with him, understanding is important in knowing how to approach the situation). Forgiveness is a wonderful and powerful thing.

Unfortunately, for many of us, it is difficult to offer forgiveness to someone who continues to stand behind everything they did at that point.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1185878/posts

Quote:
McCain: Hanoi Hilton Jailers Used Kerry Speech Against Us
NewsMax .com ^ | 8/05/04 | Carl Limbacher

Posted on 08/05/2004 5:11:24 PM PDT by kattracks

Sen. John McCain attacked a group of Vietnam veterans on Thursday for their appearance in a campaign ad condemning Sen. John Kerry for betraying his fellow soldiers, calling the commercial "dishonest and dishonorable."

But McCain himself complained about Kerry-led anti-war protests when he was released from the infamous "Hanoi Hilton" 31 years ago. In piece he wrote for the May 14, 1973, issue of U.S. News & World Report, the POW-turned-senator charged that testimony by Kerry and others before J. William Fulbright's Senate Foreign Relations Committee was "the most effective propaganda [my North Vietnamese captors] had to use against us."

"They used Senator Fulbright a great deal," McCain wrote - a reference to Kerry's 1971 Senate testimony that U.S. soldiers were committing war crimes in Vietnam as a matter of course.

He said Kerry political ally Sen. Ted Kennedy was "quoted again and again" by his jailers at the Hanoi Hilton.

"Clark Clifford was another [North Vietnamese] favorite," McCain told U.S. News, "right after he had been Secretary of Defense under President Johnson."

"When Ramsey Clark came over [my jailers] thought that was a great coup for their cause," he recalled. Months earlier, Sen. Kerry had appeared with Clark at the April 1971 Washington, D.C., anti-war protest that showcased his testimony before the Fulbright Committee.

"All through this period," McCain told U.S. News, his captors were "bombarding us with anti-war quotes from people in high places back in Washington. This was the most effective propaganda they had to use against us."

McCain biographer Paul Alexander chronicled the Arizona Republican's anger toward Kerry during their early careers in the Senate together.

"For many years McCain held Kerry's actions against him because, while McCain was a POW in the Hanoi Hilton, Kerry was organizing veterans back home in the U.S. to protest the war."

In his 2002 book, "Man of the People: The Life of John McCain," Alexander says that the two Vietnam vets finally reconciled in the early 1990s after having "a long - and at times emotional - conversation about Vietnam" during a mutual trip to Kuwait.

Later, Kerry sought to minimize the rift, telling Alexander: "Our differences occurred when we were kids, or at least close to being kids. It was a long time ago, and we both came back and realized that there were a lot of difficulties in the prosecution of that war."

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
JonMoseley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find. Here's the actual link. Spread it around. This is powerful.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/5/183220.shtml
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emailed it to Rush...maybe he will ask O'Neill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: