SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wisconsin is losing ground

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunr99
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Wisconsin is losing ground Reply with quote

The SBV's commercial ad aired here in Wiscoinsin and were ablazing. It left an impression on quite a few people. But now the ad has been taken off the air, we are subjected to Kerry's "smear campagne ads."
Fox 11 out of Green Bay just aired a segment piece from Chris Wallace's interview attacking O'Dell on not having supporting documents. They did not show any questioning or answers from Hurley. Yes, ONE SIDED!
Then Fox 11 went into a piece of the "Vets for Kerry" which was held at the war memorial. Attacking again, the SBV's claims. Yes, it was very biased, one would be left with the impression that:

1. Bush is behind this.
2. O'Dell is not credible
3. Numbers side with the Vets for Kerry - given the gathering that was held.
4. The SVT's ad was a lie.

Fox 11 - WLUK from Green Bay is airing one side.
Are the SBV's going to make a comeback in this area?
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the middle of the 2nd inning still alot of time left
TroyS
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell the new Kerry ads aren't having the same effect as the SBVFT did. The people I talk to say it just seems like a political smear campaign. By the way I just saw that Kerry will be in Green Bay on Wednesday, I would love to find out where so I can be there with a form 180 and ask him to sign it.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

According to HCD research both counter-ads are highly ineffective.

Truth is Beauty
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry, when the partissan media runs out of tricks, the truth, and only the truth will reign.

Second inning... 7 to go. Our big boys still to come. Twisted Evil
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God that WLS radio from Chicago will still penetrate the
dreaded Cheddar Curtain!

Very Happy
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of media manipulation doesn't work anymore. Wisconsonians have the internet, talk radio, and now the book, and they can get the ads on the net and that is the big thing. Plus, anyone who is really open minded and not a mind numbed kerry drone will see that if this was all really just a Bush plot, A he would have filed suits against all of them individually for slander and libel. And B, there would now be a federal suit against the administration for violating campaign finance reform. Neither of those have, are, or will happen because the SBVT are telling the WHOLE truth, and the Bush administration had less than nothing to do with this movement from before it started to now. They're not going to get involved with it one way or the other. It would be illegal to do so, and that seems to be more how kerry opperates.
TroyS
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee..Hee...the "Cheddar Curtain" Very Happy
Yea, it's hard to penetrate.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was another thread on this site, but I think it was just deleted. It was regarding our Rep. Terry M. Musser's (republican - Veterans for Bush) comments to the Milwaukee State Journal, saying that Bush should stop these attacks on Kerry's record, and demand that the attack ads stop. I just sent Mr. Musser this email:
Dear Sir:

I am a Republican, much as you are. However, I find your comments to the MJS where you are lambasting the Bush-Cheney campaign on the attacks that are occurring on Sen. Kerry's military record, highly irresponsible. Your comments are highly inaccurate. If you would take a look at exactly "WHO" is conducting these attacks, you would find in fact that it is the "SwiftBoat Veterans for Truth", that are conducting this campaign, NOT Bush-Cheney, as you allege. If you would go to their website, or even talk to these gentleman, you would find that this campaign is about exposing the TRUTH about John Kerry. As a Navy veteran, I too do not like someone's military service being attacked. However, after reading about these guys and what John Kerry has done, I have decided to stand back and let them do what they think they must do. This is THEIR - (the SBVT's) fight. They have fought & died for this right, and it is their RIGHT.

Further, regarding your comment about "The President .... demand that the attacks be stopped." First, from the interviews I have seen, President Bush HAS asked for "ALL 527 adds to STOP" (including the Moveon.org adds). Second, as I have read about the 527 regulations, they state that a candidate cannot "coordinate with a 527 entity", nor can they "exert any influence on a 527", so why would you ask President Bush to go against these regulations? If the results of my research on the 527's is inaccurate, please send me the documentation on the regulations for 527's, so that I can make an informed decision.

If I am correct, then please support the truth. As a Wisconsin citizen, that's all I ask.

Thank you for your time.
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohooo! Just heard on the local radio - noon news that "Representative Musser is taking lots of heat for speaking out against the SBVT ads!"

There is POWER in contacting your representatives!!!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To GiveMeFreedom,

Excellent work, GMF, very excellent work. This is exactly how we must pull an end run on the leftist media. Create your own venue! Letters to the editor, calls to talk shows, emails to anyone in the media or in positions of influence who preach the "KERRY GOOD, SBVT AND ALL REAL AMERICANS BAD" lies, and emails to their sponsors.

Very good, and congratulations on your process.

Gosh, I love this war!
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
jfnk
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry will lose Wisconsin by at least 10 points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: