SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW MEMBERS / NEW PROCEDURES??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: NEW MEMBERS / NEW PROCEDURES?? Reply with quote

I have noticed alot of the new registered members have not done their homework and we are having to educate them by having to answer their questions on the post it forum.

I PROPOSE A SOLUTION:

Guests are allowed to read all the available posts.

HOWEVER, before becoming a registered member, the new user must score a 90% or above on a 20 question test. The answers will come from the FAQ section of this site. The test will be random and will never be the same. The "TEST BANK" could contain 100 questions of which it will randomly select for each new test.

This will ensure that the newcomer will have to have a base knowledge of this campaign. We will not have to educate each newcomer on the forum by answering questions they should already know the answers to. This will also make the trolls have to at least KNOW some of our information rather than have easy access to spewing their lies.

So what do you think about that moderators? I am betting that if you put this as a requirement of entrance, your job will get easier and you wont have to be "chasing rabbits" every minute of every hour.

Dang, I know you must need time to run to the potty here and there, RIGHT?

Thanks,

Jody in Texas
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the grin. Wink

We want to welcome all people who are searching for the truth - and sometimes that's going to mean people who have never done more than opened their email or checked their stock quotes on line.

Many people online today are new within the last year to having a home computer and do not know about netiquette.

So, we allow some leeway. We gently nudge newbies in the right direction and we correct them tactfully.

We are newbie-friendly to the greatest extent possible. Wink

The boundaries end where the quota for Kerry Talking Points is exceeded or when they malign the Swifts. Wink
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say requiring a test for admission to the site is not a great way of getting the message out. Sure there may be a lot of duplication of questions , however that is to be expected and is a good thing also. Think about the fact there are so many people coming in and asking the questions, it means that they are thinking about what they have heard and want to know the truth.
I see that as helpful and a prime purpose of SBVFT, the education of the people on who John Kerry realy is regarding his Service in Vietnam and his activities afterwards.
I have to admit that it is confusing putting it all together, with so many conflicting views of events coming from just Kerry hinself.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the debate....but may I just say that I fully support the Admins pruning back some of the foliage.

If after hours Admins Zap some posts that are very intra-day focused or contained elsewhere I have no problem with it.

Let me just say publicly what I have told some of the Admins.

I am very very impressed about how well maintained and protected from attacks this message board has been.

I am certain that Groups are working hard to screw with this site, and it has held up INCREDIBLY WELL.

Hats off to the techies
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: BAD IDEA ? GOOD IDEA Reply with quote

I propose that when this site goes frpm having 3500 members to 20,000 members, this idea will sound a little more delicious.

Thanks,

Jody in Texas
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me second Integrity Counts on that.

To you Mods, I give my most heart felt OUTFREAKINGSTANDING!

As someone who has been active in Internet communities before there was even an AOL (Reagan was president), I've seen many boards, lists, BBSs and discussion groups. The job you have done on this board is as good as I have ever seen and done under some of the most trying circumstances I have ever seen.

If it was within my my power, I would give you an Internet Silver Star with a V for your work Wink . It would look something like this....

CITATION:

For heroic achievement while serving as MODERATORS engaged in conflict with John Kerry and MoveOn.org Troll aggressors on the Internet during 2004 while serving as Officers-in-Charge of the SBVT community. While moderating the SBVT board, Troll agressors have detonated mines on countless postings. In addition all units have received heavy fire against the truth. When MODERATORS have discovered that various postings have gone overboard, they have returned to assist. When SBVT members have received sniper fire from JK and MoveOn Trolls, Moderators have provided suppressing fire, while from an exposed position, with disregard for their personal safety they have pulled overboard postings. MODERATORS have then returned to assist other damaged threads and return truth and civility to the board. MODERATORS calmness professionalism and great personal courage under fire were in keeping with the highest traditions of the Internet.

MODERATORS authorized to wear the Combat V.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full props to the mods here, I was under attack and within minutes, the moderator had done away with the sniper fire!! Great job Moderators!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Just a suggestion Reply with quote

I know it must be difficult to moderate and manage such an online forum on such a politically hot issue, but I think things would be a lot smoother if the number of "topics" was limited to some reasonable number, even 100 or 200.

It's very hard to find the appropriate "topic" on which to post when there are 50 pages of them to scroll through! Could some similar "topics" be grouped into larger, broader topics, or old, outdated ones deleted? For example, if there are many topics concerning what was said on CNN or Fox News or Rush Limbaugh, could we have a single topic for each media outlet?

Just a suggestion...keep up the good work, guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: