SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POLLS

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: POLLS Reply with quote

I personally don't put any merit into the polls just for the fact that they are biased. It just depends on who you ask the question's. I don't trust the liberal media to ask a fair unbiased group. But for those who do take this into consideration, Bush and Kerry are virtually dead even in the polls. Now with that in mind lets look at reality. It is no big secret that Bush is at his lowest point as far as approval since he took office. With Bush at his lowest point and Kerry only able to run a tie say's a lot about how the people trust Kerry. So in my opinion the word about Kerry is out and the swiftboaters are not to blame, his record is. I look at voting records as well as his credibility, and Kerry has neither to me. This is just my opinion but the liberal media is verifying my assumptions that if Kerry can't move ahead when Bush is hurting then maybe the democrats ought to nominate a contender rather than Kerry. I for one am glad that the democrats have fielded their J.V. team rather than the Varsity. In the primaries the democratic party shunned their true leaders for Kerry and I will never understand that, but it works for me.
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life, Very good post. I have a difficult time trying to decipher polls but I was astounded by the most recent Newsweek poll which indicated Bush`s approval rating had dropped from 48 to 42 from the April to May period and yet he picked up 5 points on Kerry to make it a dead heat. As you may recall, Kerry had a 48 to 43 lead in their April poll. I disagree on the effect the Swift Vets are having. I believe, by getting the truth out about John Kerry they are a good part of the reason Kerry is getting little traction from Bush`s temporary low standing.
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An unfortunate statistic is that the majority of the Undecided vote has always gone against the sitting President.

I would like to think a new trend will start this year -- but I am very concern. Too many sheep are being shepherded by the Liberial media. This country is made up of too few leaders and too many followers that think the world owes them something -- instead of them having to go out to earn it. They like the crapola they hear from Frenchie and want to become part of the EU.

Rome was once a great empire. It fell when the majority become immoral and corrupt.

Twenty years ago, the stuff you see on shock TV like the Jerry Springer show would have appalled most. Now it is not only accepted -- but Democrat planks in their platform. Gay marriage, killing babies (and they use to say that of us Vets), 40% of the people paying zero Federal tax, Welfare states, Liberal judges setting murderers free for being misunderstood or abused as children, prayer before a football games being illegal, slave repairations when the last slave has been dead for 50+ years, wanting to give total control of our destiny to the crooks in the UN, .............. These are the things Democrats stand for -- and we're on the path to doom standing by and accepting it.
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unabashed comprehensive retraction

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Marine4life

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack I didn't mean to imply that the swiftboaters were not helping or are ineffective. I just merely meant that they are not a Republican attack machine as they have been portrayed, causing Kerry to lose the election. The polls are portrayed as unbiased and if that is true then Kerry has bigger problems than the swiftboaters. I know that not everyone has heard the swiftboaters message and have formed their own opinion based on Kerry's record. I applaud the swifties for coming forward and finally getting to tell their side of what happened in country. The Vietnam Vets have had a dark cloud over their head for over 30 years and it was placed there by Kerry and his anti-american group. Now we find out that those who claimed to be Veterans against the war were not even Vets. Sort of like this forum, those who claim to know it all have never served this great Nation. You can see it in their posts that they don't have a clue about the military or what comradary is about. It takes a great deal of fortitude and conviction to get us to turn on one of our own, they just don't get it. Black, White, Brown what ever it doesn't matter, we are brothers. Kerry has never been conceived as one of us by me or my predecessors who actually served with him. That is what I take from the swifties message.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hist/stud I hear ya on that one. I hated what clinton was and stood for but not once did I denounce that he was our President. I supported him even if I disagreed because he was the CIC. I would never stand on a stage in a foreign country and admonish him like many are doing to Bush. Clinton came to Omaha, Nebraska while I lived there and I took my kids to see him. It was interesting because I think I was the only Republican there but regardless, my kids got to see a sitting President and all the pomp and circumstance around it. That is what I wanted them to see. I don't think many democrats would have done that with Bush. I even shook Clintons hand which would be way beyond the liberal attack machine if the rolls were reversed.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason polls cannot be entirely trusted. In a question as "Do you support President Bush's handling of the Iraq War," where is there allowance for those that feel his handling should be even stronger?

Polls can be very misleading. Running the country by follwoing polls shows me a wishy washy President. Sometimes, a leader has to do what is right, not what may be popular.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: