SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Important that Swiftee's debate Dems, Republicans cannot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PierreLegrand
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Important that Swiftee's debate Dems, Republicans cannot! Reply with quote

UPDATED REALISED THAT MY TITLE WAS MISLEADING ON THIS POST SORRY.

What they (the Democrats) are attempting to do is cloud up the waters hoping that snake Kerry can swim through. Sort of disappointed that FOX NEWS has allowed only Republicans to appear opposite of the Dems to debate the effect of these ads on Kerry. That makes it seem that the ad's do indeed originate with the Republican party which we know isnt the case, even though many republicans support the Swiftee's. They should instead have someone from the Swift Boat Vets for Truth or someone as well informed appear opposite the Democrats.

I was throwing shoes at the TV this morning when a Republican refused to ask about Cambodia while some Democrat called everything the SBV claimed as lies. All this lame republican would do is cry about the effect of 527's.

I get the feeling that both parties would love to silence the amateurs from speaking their minds. When President Bush, who I support, signed that abortion of a bill the McCain Feingold act into law I simply couldnt believe that I had voted for him. Good for him that he is so effective in the war on terror and that the Dems didnt nominate anyone stronger because I would have sat out the 2004 election based on his signing that draconian attack on Free Speech.

Here is my take on why it is important that this debate proceed and why I welcome the attacks from both sides. This was sent in to the Opinion Journal letters in reference to this
http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110005514

I heartily disagree that the discussions brought on by the Swift Boat Vets for Truth have shifted our view from the issues. Indeed far from it they have directed our view like a laser beam directly at the most important issue in a Presidential Campaign.

What sort of a man is this John Kerry, I don't know of a more crucial issue than this in an election where we are asked to chose between a known quantity and a challenger. President Bush hasn't done everything right but we know what to expect. John Kerry can only talk about what he will do, our opinion of his character will either let us believe him or disbelieve him.

In the crucible of battle there doesn't seem to be a lot of secrets into the hearts of men. John Kerry went into the crucible and it gave us a view of him that each of us must come to terms with if we are to either support of not support him.

These are deadly serious times, perhaps the gravest times we have ever faced. We cannot afford as a nation to not look at the most private, most closely held secrets of the men who would be king, to divine somehow their ability to govern.

President Bush has endured many months of this scrutiny aside from his travails in the war as many of Kerry’s allies attacked him and as I told a friend I wouldn't have it any other way. It spoke of the qualities of his enemies and his actions in response spoke of the qualities of his character.

The Terrorists will not give us time outs for Lawsuits, no pauses while we consult polls, no hesitation while we file suits in Federal Offices.

We are in a deadly war and the Swiftee's are illuminating some very essential points about Senator Kerry, both about his character under fire 30 years ago and his reactions today under fire. I am not inspired by his actions either 30 years ago or now, but others may be, no doubt though these sorts of hardball circumstances are giving us a picture of these men we wouldn't get from the press.

Pierre Legrand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: