SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orielly entering the fray
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PHD talking head is getting on his nerves. If she were a man, he's have cut her "mike". Evil or Very Mad
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remain firm in my previous opinion:
http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=27580&highlight=#27580

O'Reilly still does NOT make my "short list".
Bob Dole still does.
(I'd like to cast a vote for Brit Hume, here, also)

You will get what you want to hear from O'Reilly if and only if something is irrefutable or otherwise safe.

I'm wondering if the secret might be in listening to the verbage.
"bloviating" Question and other things I need dictionary dot com to decipher?
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're missing one thing here that just occurred to me. In T of D Kerry claims to have been the CTE (Commander Task Element) on both 28 Feb 69 and 13 Mar 69. AS CTE he would have been responsible for writing the after action reports.

This is confirmed by all participating officers on 13 Mar 69 for sure. Rood is the only remaining officer from 28 Feb 69. And I'll say it again Kerry clearly says he was CTE, therefore he wrote the reports. Slam Dunk (almost)! Wink

The other OinC's did not know the contents of these reports until Tour of Duty was released last winter. Elliott took Kerry at his word and processed award requests. Kerry lied/embellished.
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmmpatriot wrote:
The PHD talking head is getting on his nerves. If she were a man, he's have cut her "mike". Evil or Very Mad

She's an idiot and is totally and purposefully missing the point.
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far as I'm concerned Chris Wallace embodies the old saying like father like son. Neither Wallace or O'Reilly could be bothered to read the book, but in their opinion they don't need to in order to moderate the issue. Hah. Put Brit on and the whole interview changes. The answer to no documentary evidence is to continue demanding Kerry sign the 180. Common sense can punch holes 50 yards wide in Kerry's story on the Bronze star. I guess common sense isn't for the O'Reilly's of the world.

If they don't want to read the book, either of these guys could spend 1/2 hour reading Captain Ed or Powerline and get enough to be able to formulate intelligent questions. Or at the least their staff could.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read that some reporters don't want to question Kerry's actions in Vietnam because they themselves were against the war and think anything anyone else did against it is okay.
Maggie1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my most recent email to Oreilly. I'm not goin to post any addional ones as it looks like I will be busy and I don't want to add items that just take up space. I'll save my posts for questions to help clear up things I don't understand.

Quote:
Bill,
"You cannot teach those who refuse to learn." You and Chris Wallace are laughable. If your conclusions are based on your fact finding, I think you are in the wrong profession. The documentation is there, for those that are willing to take the time to look for it! John Kerry could go a long way it clearing up some of this information if he would sign a DD Form 189 and a Form 1650. Why do you think he won't do that? Why do you think he keep pulling documents from his website? Could it be that something was found that did not back his story. Where are his band of brothers? Is the Kerry machine afraid they may not stick to the Kerry Line.
You advocate that the public buy your books and stuff off your web site. Why don't you spend a little money and buy "Tour of Duty" and "Unfit for Command" and then read them. Maybe you then could learn something!
The politics here are Kerry's!/ For those that believe in the SwiftVets, it is a matter of principle and a great deal of fear! Your Guest must have "rice" for brains to not understand the depth of this issue.

Respectfully,
Margaret Mackie
Vietnam Vet's Wife

manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.billoreilly.com/site

This is the link to O'Reilly's new poll... " Are you tired of hearing about the swift boat controversy?"

I voted no to try and keep it going.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we are tired and wish John Kerry would just sign Form 180!

Freep, er...I mean, Swift this poll! And vote "No".

Bill O'Reilly needs to keep doing shows on this until he gets it right.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manelly,

I keep getting a system error on that web page.

Truth is Beauty
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its on his home page. You can try that i think. Smile
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manofaiki wrote:
What Bill is saying, and what Chris Wallace is pointing out, is that once you look at hard evidence, i.e.,not he said/he said testimony, all the documentary evidence favors Kerry.

manofaiki

This is the primary reason that the mantra of O'Neill, Odell and any other SBVT representative who goes on these shoes must be SIGN the 180!!!!!
Like yesterday when Wallace was hammering Odell on the fact he could not provide one single document to support what he was saying, Odell should have said something to the effect of "Not until John Kerry signs his form 180".

I have seen it said here in the forum over and over and over... but the word has got to get out to the public & the media that Kerry has NOT authorized the full release of his military records by SIGNING THE 180, and thereby he is withholding the evidence that could clear his very name (or more properly, as we know, sink him...lol... but we don't need to drive that point home... just keep saying how Kerry could clear this up quickly b simply SIGNING THE 180!). The current debating over what the SBVT says vs what Kerry (or more appropriately, his surrogates) says (or the records show) has been very informative to those who wish to listen, but it gets convoluted to the casual listener/voter after so much information.... ESPECIALLY when the Kerry camp has 20 versions of each story (you don't think that's by accident do ya? The SBVT are the only ones who have the same story).

It's just my 2½¢, but we need to get SBVT spokesmen (and the media beginning with Hume & Hannity) to hammer home the point that the reason they do not have the documentary evidence is because Kerry needs to sign the 180. Once Kerry does that (yes, one day in the land of never, never) THEN we'll see who the documentary evidence favors!

KERRY, SIGN THE 180!!!
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: documentary evidence Reply with quote

manofaiki wrote:
What Bill is saying, and what Chris Wallace is pointing out, is that once you look at hard evidence, i.e.,not he said/he said testimony, all the documentary evidence favors Kerry.

The problem here is that all the documentary evidence was written by John Kerry. This is not an independent source of data.

Why do John Kerry's typewritten reports count more than the reports of multiple eyewitnesses? That argument wouldn't fly in a courtroom!
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having watched O'Reilly for awhile now, makes me wonder if there isn't something deeper to the reasons he is not pursuing this subject like he does most, also the fact that he has been so down on the war in Iraq? Stating he feels so many mistakes have been made. Wonder what it could be? I definitely feel he is being influenced by something in his past, maybe....
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What people are missing is that while the documentary evidence is not on the side of the SWBFT (WHO WROTE THE AFTER ACTION?)...

The physical evidence is clearly on the side of the SWBFT. Where are the bullet holes?

5000 meters and 1 hour and 1/2.

Where are the bullet holes? Where is the damage? I wish SOMEONE would call these people on this.

Whip out that documentary evidence. The damage reports ,

Man, this thing just drives me so crazy.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: