SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shrapnel in thigh
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LtMom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Shrapnel in thigh Reply with quote

I keep hearing the Dems say that Kerry still carries shrapnel in his thigh. Does anyone have any info on this? Does he still have rice in his butt?
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bet big money that he's lying on that too.
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

his personal doc says yes, shrapnel is there

see this thread
http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=23013
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrapnel conjures up a large jagged piece of nasty metal, major jagged wounds...torn flesh...amputation. So my question is the shrapnel in question the size of a pin head...or....as large as a toaster?

Remember semantics and the meaning of "IS"...let's not leave any loose ends intied.

Did kerry say"OUCH" when the bandaid came off? I sure bet Bob Dole went through some pain and suffering. Let's not let kerry elevate his suffering to the level of Bob Dole's.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Shrapnel in thigh Reply with quote

LtMom wrote:
I keep hearing the Dems say that Kerry still carries shrapnel in his thigh. Does anyone have any info on this? Does he still have rice in his butt?

The only legitimate Purple Heart wound - whether or not it deserved a PH. He was apparently sailing on, and some VC on shore tried to take him out. He missed. But Kerry and a crewman were injured, perhaps slightly - but still injured. There's no medical record made public, that I'm aware of. Kerry did post his own private doctor's account, possibly based on records Kerry had, his own examination, and Kerry's own stories. And I think they pulled even that from his site, perhaps because it describes Kerry getting his 'arm wound' from hitting the bulkhead, rather than from enemy fire or a second watermine (Rassman said the mine that knocked him off must have been what caused Kerry's arm wound, when Rassman first appeared in public in 17 JAN 2004, as seen in a video perhaps still on Kerry's own website, called Reunion).
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: shrapnel in jfkerry's leg.

Listened to a part of the Snow radio show. He mentioned Kerry fell or something and Kerry joked that he ( Kerry) had to get an MRI for his leg.

Moments later a RN called in & said if you have shrapnel in your leg, you can't undergo an MRI b/c of the properties of shrapnel would not allow a proper read (paraphrasing here).

Can anyone confirm this? It sounds like yet another jfkerry embellishment, but no show stopper.....Just curious.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The doctor made the decision that it would be more traumatic to go in after the piece of "shrapnel" than it would be to leave it in. This implies the "shrapnel" was no significant threat to the patient's health, well-being, and unlikely to cause future complications. This would be especially true if the "shrapnel" were, say, organic. And it was smooth, and not jagged and likely to cause later trauma. And it was the size of, oh, say a grain of rice....

"Shrapnel" is detritus of an explosion. It is NOT necessarily metal.

It may not even show up on, oh, say an X-ray, ultrasound, or cat scan. The scar would remain, however.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a big piece of shrapnel wouldn't Kerry take a while to recover? Wouldn't he miss at least a few days of duty?
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still bet a Cat Scan would prove this again is another big fat lie. But then again he'd say it oxydized away. He's got an answer for all of his lies.

On December 19, 1973 I went through the windshield of a truck while I was in the Air Force. To this day I still have a chunk of windshield in my head. Am I a War Hero now?
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one asked me, but:

The Swift Vets have done a really good job of sticking to things they could confirm.

To my knowledge, no one is questioning Kerry's 2nd wound. It clearly could not have been that bad since he missed no time, but...

He still earned his 2nd PH. Let's keep our credibility by sticking with what we know to be true.

Just my thoughts.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scars are a bad thing.

There are emotional scars left on vets due to kerry's grandstanding...those scars are not visible but very real.

Then there are scars that can ravage the body's largest organ...the skin.

Then there are scars from a paper cut.

If the shrapnel can't be detected by X-ray...then I would like to know the dimensions of the scar in question.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that may be the shrapnel from the now famous rice incident Wink
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congress may soon consider a new medal to recognize minimally serious wounds.

The new medal would be called the "Purple Owie".

It would be authorized for application directly over the wound. After use, it can be rolled up and thrown over the nearest fence..........

Q: "Who acts like a sissy over 3 little scratches?.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
that may be the shrapnel from the now famous rice incident Wink

20 FEB he was supposedly sailing along, and an RPG was shot his way, slightly wounding himself and an enlisted man.

Now 'Hack' vehemently argues that the slightest wound merits the PH because - he argues - whadya want af-er-all, the guy to be dead? Then he gets it? So, give it for every little scratch, because it could have closer to the heart, each time - could have been worse, he argues. So - 'Hack'.

He supposedly has something in his leg. I don't know if it's metallic or what. But it's supposed to be there. Would it really . . . suprize anyone if there were nothing there, on the other hand?
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congress may soon consider a new medal to recognize minimally serious wounds.

The new medal would be called the "purple owie".

It would be authorized for application directly over the wound. After use, it can be rolled up and thrown over the nearest fence..........

Q: "Who acts like a sissy over 3 little scratches?.

Hint: He got 3 purple hearts in 4 months but never spent a day in the hospital.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: