SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctored Documents
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Fake Warriors author has/seeking data on "V" of Si Reply with quote

John Kerry has three citations for the Silver Star. Does anyone know the procedures and justification for "amending" award citations?
If anyone does, please let Erika Holzer know in connection with an article we're writing on deadline: erika@erikaholzer.com.

Thanks

HMH
---------------------------------------------------------

Since my comments earlier today, I have been asked about the significance of what does NOT appear in the records of the National Personnel Records Center, which show that Kerry's Silver Star has no "V" attached. Forgive the caps: THIS MEANS THAT THE DD 214 KERRY HAS ON HIS WEBSITE IS NOT ONLY FALSE ON ITS FACE AS TO THE SILVER STAR "V," BUT THAT IT IS AT VARIENCE WITH THE OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT RECORDS. Now, it becomes necessary for Kerry to produce the original of the DD 214 he posted on his presidential campaign website so that it can be examined by experts to ascertain whether it has been doctored. That is the drum-beat that now must become so loud that the media can not avoid addressing this new revelation.

HMH
----------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 12:52 PM
Subject: DD 214/Just in

> The following email I just received speaks for itself.
>
> HMH
>
> *******************************
>
> Dear Sir,
>
> I just read your article and I am utterly astonished by what you found on Kerry's DD-214 pertaining to his Silver Star with Combat "V" -- here's why:
>
> Back in January and February of this year when the 'Chest Full of Medals' issue arose, I could not distinguish in the old pictures of Kerry what two of his ribbons were and it bothered me. So with the public information I obtained as to date and place of birth of Kerry, I filled out Standard Form 180 and sent it in to the National Personnel Records Center. I clearly indicated that I was specifically requesting information on all his "Medals and Awards" and was requesting said information as a "concerned citizen".
>
> Approximately one week later on February 27,2004 I received three pages of 'basic' data on his military service (request #1-106354923), and as it states at the top of the first page; "Information Releasable Under The Freedom Of Information Act". It specifically lists ALL of his Decorations and Awards and the Silver Star with Combat "V" is NOT listed. The Combat "V" was issued with his BRONZE STAR - not his Silver Star.
>
> Here is the FULL LIST of all of Kerry's Decorations and Awards and in the order they are listed:
> Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V"
> Combat Action Ribbon
> National Defense Service Medal
> Presidential Unit Citation Ribbon
> Navy Unit Citation Ribbon
> Silver Star Medal (NO devices)
> Purple Heart Medal with 2 Gold Stars
> Vietnam Service Medal with 4 Bronze Stars (I find that part odd?!?)
> Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal
> Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation - Gallantry Cross Medal Color with Palm
> Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation - Civil Actions Medal, First Class Color with Palm
> Note: The comments above in the parenthesis are mine.
>
> As such, you can plainly see there is an apparent discrepancy - and a major one, between his DD-214 and what is in his official record. And I feel this matter should be looked into further.
>
> Now, I will not go to Kerry's website and register so I can view the DD-214 you say is posted. I'll take your word on it.
>
> I hope this information can be of use to you.
>
> Respectfully,
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fellow posting as "William Boyd <william@cowboy.net>" on soc.veterans has been writing the articles below -- he might be completely off on this, but he gave me permission to post it here for you.

Please excuse me if this is worthless or a waste of your time but I don't want to take a chance you won't see something worthwhile
(you=doc-hounds <grin>)

Down near the bottom there is this weird thing about somehow the forms having been inserted into the typewriter EXACTLY the same -- those of you who have used a manual typewriter on a form, know how hard that would be. (Probably nothing but take a quick look.)

Herb

==============
Strange Things About Kerry's Decorations.

This brings me to John Kerry's military records.

I reviewed his Bronze Star Certificate several months ago and found it
to be issued on a date well after the specific form was replaced.
Or to restate, he was awarded the Bronze Star on a form that was
obsolete, one not unlike those that the forgers would buy from
unscrupulous admin. clerks. I made this observation known on the news
groups, subsequent to that Kerry's award decoration disappeared from his
military records web site, leaving only the Citation remaining.

I have reviewed his Purple Heart awards and find strange things about
them also. For example, Kerry's name , Action date, and signature date
was typed with a typewriter having a distinct fonts, I think it is Old
English. And yet the Gold Star in lue of line on the two subsequent
awards is typed in standard small print.
Another strange thing is that his second award was for wounds received
on 13 March 1969, and his third award was for wounds received on 20
February 1969, a reversal of the stated alleged occurrence.
Another strange thing is the signature date for all three certificates
are the same, 12 August 1969.
Another strange thing:
http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/Command_History_Awards.pdf
Found on Kerry's web page is his Coastal Division's history of Awards
for Silver Star, Bronze Star, Navy
Commendation Medal and Purple Hearts.
Kerry is listed as receiving the Silver Star and (3) Purple Hearts, but
NO Bronze Star.

==========
> Jim, if you hold the certificates up to the light, you will see that
> Kerry's name line on all three documents were typed exactly in the same
> place. Isn't it strange how meticulous the typist would have to be to
> accomplish this. Bill P.

===============
>I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. If you insert a
>preprinted document in the typewriter to fill in information. The
>alignment will vary slightly from document to document, maybe just ever
>so slightly. These line up perfectly, mirror image, could have been
>reproduced. BILL P
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/DD214.pdf

Page 2... Bronze and Silver both with Combat V...

Any way to get the records of the National Personnel Records Center that this person has scanned so we can see that the Combat V is not there for his Silver Star?
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Kerry had to specifically request the PH citations upon return to CONUS. Instructions to do so are contained in the final letter from NavSuppAct Saigon authorizing the third PH. Thus, they all would have been signed on the same date, prepared by the same clerk, using the same typewriter with the same tab settings. I think we´re barking up the wrong tree here. Yes, it caught my attention at first until I read the letter.

2. What I do find interesting is that the second PH took only 13 days to receive approval from Saigon. The third took longer at 33 days. The first, however, was approved 78 days after the date of "injury" When was it submitted? By whom? Who approved it? Why is there no Injury report to substantiate it? Even the Silver Star needed only less than 31 days to receive approval from CinCPacFlt in Hawaii!!

3. When a Standard Form is upgraded, we generally used up all stocks of the old form _unless_ there was a specific prohibition against this.

4. I saw only two SS citations : the original signed by CinCPacFlt and the "new and improved" version signed by John Lehman. I don´t know how one goes about getting a citation changed - according to the regs and without resorting to political means- but if it is legit, the request should be made public also. Both versions of the SS and of the BS are still on Kerry´s site as of three hours ago.

5. One can throw away or lose medals but the citations are forever in the archives. If you lose one or it is destroyed, you can request copies.

Dane
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No expert in this area...but if anything was changed...you will never see him sign a 180
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deroy Murdock at Scripps-Howard News Service was HOLDING UP a FORM 180 on Joe Scarborough (Sunday Night) and demanding Kerry sign it)

GO DeRoy!!!!

You go guy!

http://www.timesstar.com/Stories/0,1413,125~1511~2351761,00.html
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you scan a document into your computer, it automatically creates a createdate and modifydate. If these are exactly the same, then the document has not been modified since scanned. To check, open the PDF in Acrobat and go to File -->Document Properties. From the original documents, I have concluded that the following documents have been edited.

SpotReports_March1969.pdf
SpotReports_February1969.pdf
Spot_Kerry.pdf
militaryrecords_1.pdf
Command_History_Statistic.pdf
Command_History_chronology.pdf
Command_History_Basic_Narrative.pdf
Command_History_Awards.pdf
bronze_star_recommendation.pdf

Some are only a few minutes and some are a few hours.
This is just a quick evaluation.

Just to prove a point, I have created a new version for Kerry's Bronze Star. I am a novice with PhotoShop so it may not be perfect but it gets the point across. To view Kerry's new Bronze Citation for service in Never Never Land and signed by Walt Disney, go to:
http://69.44.60.22/KERRY_BRONZE_STAR_NEVERLAND.pdf

What are you afraid of Kerry, sign the 180.

SBD
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
When you scan a document into your computer, it automatically creates a createdate and modifydate. If these are exactly the same, then the document has not been modified since scanned.

And if you believe that I have some money I just printed up on my computer <grin>

Anyone with a small amount of skill can make those the same -- and make them any day you want them to be.

I can make them prove you scanned it in next year and modified it a year after that.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herb wrote:

Anyone with a small amount of skill can make those the same -- and make them any day you want them to be.

I can make them prove you scanned it in next year and modified it a year after that.

The point is, they did not do that. You would think that they would make an effort to make them similar. Also, the docs I have are on CD from the Paperless Archives so what is there can not be changed further.

SBD
John Gault
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy there folks, I would expect the signatures to be exactly the same. I doubt the Sec. of the Navy has time to personally sign all documents. Those signatures are probably the product of either a stamp or signature machine. A signature machine would explain the exact placement.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Gault wrote:
Easy there folks, I would expect the signatures to be exactly the same. I doubt the Sec. of the Navy has time to personally sign all documents. Those signatures are probably the product of either a stamp or signature machine. A signature machine would explain the exact placement.

I think we were talking about FILE TIME and DATE stamps not signatures and it's really not an argument just a caution on which we agree.

The dates CAN be change but they probably were NOT changed.
Just caution.

Last edited by Herb on Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lehman was SecNav between 81 and 88 I believe. The Approving Authority for a Silver Star is much beneath his level. Why would he sign the second revision of a SS citation? He was a politician in the Naval Reserve. Kerry was a politician in the Naval Reserve. Is there a connection here?

Dane
cold in Chile
but with two gold medals!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: