SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Vet story might be catalist to set 60s record straight
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2/22 Inf. Vet 89-92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Swift Vet story might be catalist to set 60s record straight Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anybody has noticed, but can you sense the Swift Vet v.s John Kerry story turning into a battle to set the ENTIRE record straight concerning the 60's as a whole?

All the mainstream liberals of today consider the 60's as their crowning achievment, and now the poster child from that generation is poised to become President if only he can win. Unlike Clinton, Kerry really believes all the leftist ideology, and wouldn't it be something if a true 60's radical could become president. The circle would be complete and all their efforts would FINALLY come to fruition.

But then comes along a group called Swift Vets for Truth. By setting the record straight concerning their tours of duty in Vietnam, and the 1/3 tour of duty by Mr. John F. Kerry, they are in a sence setting the record straight for an entire generation.

And I'm not talking about "My Generation" as sung by the WHO. I'm talking about the generation that didn't try and tear the country apart. I'm talking about the generation that didn't throw away their WWII parents values for a set of "progressive" ones.

Yes, I have a feeling this debate is about much more than the Swift Vets and John Kerry. Only time will tell..............
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Swift Vet story might be catalist to set 60s record stra Reply with quote

2/22 Inf. Vet 89-92 wrote:
I'm talking about the generation that didn't try and tear the country apart. I'm talking about the generation that didn't throw away their WWII parents values for a set of "progressive" ones..

That's me Very Happy

I really think you are correct - this issue is long overdue for resolution!
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Swift Vet story might be catalist to set 60s record stra Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anybody has noticed, but can you sense the Swift Vet v.s John Kerry story turning into a battle to set the ENTIRE record straight concerning the 60's as a whole?

A number of early posters on this board, including myself, predicted this. I firmly believe this is what will occur.

"Progressive" - yechhh - what an Orwellian term.

FDL
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully agree that this controversy is finally healing some of the wounds from Vietnam.

I was a little kid during the Vietnam War, and for much of my life the claims that war crimes were widespread in Vietnam has gone completely unchallenged. I didn't even realize that I had been sold a big myth until the Swift Boat Vets for Truth came along. I had just never thought about it or researched it enough.

When the Abu Ghraib story broke, I felt like the whole community might turn against us and that all of the good work that my husband and others had done in Iraq might be in vain. It was probably 1/20th of what Vietnam Veterans and their families have gone through, but it was enough to make this history real for me.

Now tonight I hear on TV that the whole Weather Underground is out of jail and headed to New York for the convention. I go to the store and even the fashions are back to 60's and 70's stuff.

You nailed it! It's all coming back around, but we've got the internet this time.
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progressive = communist. Check out the Progressive Causcus in the House and then check the Communist Party. See the similarities ?

The leftist media enabled and emboldened the left in the 60's and early 70's. Payback will be swift and justice will be served.

Kerry has the potential to be the catalyst to rip the party apart into it's dysfunctional special interest groups. It long has ceased to be a true loyal opposition. In fact they dropped the word loyal in 1965.
2/22 Inf. Vet 89-92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is the liberals of today ARE the establishment and their rallying cry is political correctness and diversity all in the name of being "progressive".

In many ways they have succeeded. The media defends their message, hollywood honors their memory, and pop culture since the early 90's has been on a summer of love trip. Just go to any college campus, it's just all so "cool".

In the end, though, the truth will prevail. We are the individuals now, not the mail order hippys and kool-aid drinking liberal wanna-bees. It takes more than a few talking points to sustain a movement, and I think after 15 years of people like Limbaugh giving us courage to be ourselves, I think we have a chance to truely set the record straight about what's right and what's wrong..........
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity,

If we can stop Kerry from being elected, I sincerely believe that it will destroy the Democratic Party as we know it today. The Democrats are strongly anti-war, but know that to be elected they need to appear as strong on defense. Furthermore, the democrats are badly split into factions....this is what gave Nader so much traction in 2000 (dissaffected Dems under Clinton).

They are all united right now: Get rid of Bush.

If Kerry were to lose anyway, the party would splinter. You can see that based in internal issues polls of the delegates vs the actual party platform...and the suspicious lack of debate.

What comes out of the wreckage may well be called the Democratic party, but I predict it will be quite different. This political polarization is not stable and can't last in an information economy.

Truth is Beauty
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the liberals refer to me as a member of the "Radical Right"...then I'll feel as though some ground has been reclaimed.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

We ARE the radical "right". All of us in our own way are activists, just as (if not more) devoted to seeing an injustice righted and getting to the truth whatever it costs. Let's be frank: We are all radicals and fanatics from a certain point of view Smile

This is also are biggest strength. We are raising large amounts of money through private donations, and we singlehanded kept the story alive through the blogosphere (thanks bloggers).

As I said before, we are the "Deaniacs" of the "right" (at least by the standards of the MSM), and we should be proud of it.

Truth is Beauty
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Kerry did, willfully and in his own self interests, against the returning Veterans, is something that should haunt him.
2/22 Inf. Vet 89-92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look like we have arrived. For so long it was only the left that could inspire people to stand up for something that they believe in.

What I like about this group is the fact that we are all intellectually HONEST. Deaneacts have a lot of drive and ambition, but the cause they support is based on lies and distortions of the truth.

It's funny, they say the Swifties are all liars, but they cannot document where they have lied. I just called the deaneact movement a group based on lies and distortions of the truth and I could spend a week listing all the crap they have spewed.

There is a difference, and it's nice to be on the right side.......[/b]
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Swift Vet story might be catalist to set 60s record stra Reply with quote

And I'm not talking about "My Generation" as sung by the WHO. I'm talking about the generation that didn't try and tear the country apart. I'm talking about the generation that didn't throw away their WWII parents values for a set of "progressive" ones.

Yes, I have a feeling this debate is about much more than the Swift Vets and John Kerry. Only time will tell..............

Wasn't there a line in that song that went "I hope I die before I get old".....well, were waiting lefty progressives...common fulfill your dreams Laughing Laughing Wink

Vet 89, I really believe that we are on the crest of something much larger than this election. That is certainly why I am so interested in this story and want to participate in it more than anything else in my life right now Exclamation

Zell Miller
Armymarinemom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: a fix for the 60's Reply with quote

The Swiftees are already heroes and now even more so. If a few people are educated about what was done to our country during the 60's all the better. It makes me sick when I read just who was behind the so called peace movement of the 60's and still in charge of it today.
My youngest son was spit on by a protestor outside Fort Richardson last year before being deployed to Afghanistan. The idiot hippy got himself killed a couple of days after the protest in a drug related incident. The false impression that activist support our troops is just that, a false impression. I would like to see these people exposed for what they are.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still laugh when I hear, "I support the troops, but am against the war." It's almost as funny as "I voted for the 87 billion dollars before I voted against it." Laughing
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah! It's kinda like saying I support racial diversity but not in my neighborhood! Or Wind Generators! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: