SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CNN 's Aaron Brown's deep analysis of "facts"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: CNN 's Aaron Brown's deep analysis of "facts" Reply with quote

Well, there's the New York Times, then there's the Washington Post, then there's the.....

Quote:
AARON BROWN, CNN ANCHOR: Good evening again, everyone.

At some point it has to be about the truth. Veterans groups who have launched attacks against John Kerry have every right to claim he is not fit to lead. They can claim he's a jerk.

They can claim he dishonored fellow soldiers after the war. That is the stuff of opinion and they, like everyone else, are entitled to have their own opinions and entitled to have them respectfully heard.

But, as the late Senator Daniel Moynihan said, you are not entitled to your own facts and facts are where this whole messy affair gets dicey for those who launched the attack.

In my view, we've all been a bit slow in our business to look at the facts, enjoying the tussle over the story a bit too much. But "The Washington Post," "The New York Times," Knight Ridder and perhaps others have done a lot of looking at the facts and those facts raise a lot of questions about the accuracy of the attacks.

CNN

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10,

This is CNN; you should not be suprised. I don't think Aaron Brown can tell fact from opinion at this point....and I don't think he has done the research we have.

Truth is Beauty
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: CNN 's Aaron Brown's deep analysis of "facts" Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Well, there's the New York Times, then there's the Washington Post, then there's the.....

Quote:
AARON BROWN, CNN ANCHOR: Good evening again, everyone.

At some point it has to be about the truth. Veterans groups who have launched attacks against John Kerry have every right to claim he is not fit to lead. They can claim he's a jerk.

They can claim he dishonored fellow soldiers after the war. That is the stuff of opinion and they, like everyone else, are entitled to have their own opinions and entitled to have them respectfully heard.

But, as the late Senator Daniel Moynihan said, you are not entitled to your own facts and facts are where this whole messy affair gets dicey for those who launched the attack.

In my view, we've all been a bit slow in our business to look at the facts, enjoying the tussle over the story a bit too much. But "The Washington Post," "The New York Times," Knight Ridder and perhaps others have done a lot of looking at the facts and those facts raise a lot of questions about the accuracy of the attacks.

CNN

And there is then the rest of the mainsewer media rats! Which you've already named (in part).

Fight back Jay!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't their "version of the facts," exactly what they have been speaking for 35 years now?

Who's version of the facts was it when Kerry was saying we cut off ear, heads, raped ond shot innocent civilians and such in the fashion of "Jenjus Khan?"

Who's version of the facts was it when he said we were "murdering" 200,000 Vietnamese a year?

Who's version of the facts was it when he said the American Democracy was a farce?

Who's facts were it when he threw his hard earned medals over the White House fence then displayed them on his wall to prop himself up as a hero?

My Dad used to tell me, "do as I say, not as I do." Seems that also applies to Moynihan's statement as well.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Lord.

From the subsequent Aaron Brown "reportage" interviewing NYT reporter Kate Zernike...

Quote:
BROWN: Kate Zernike has been chasing (ME#1...or is that chasing...CHASING?) that story for "The New York Times." She worked at "The Boston Globe" before that and covered the Senator then as well. It's nice to see you. The one issue the Senator has some problems on I think in this is Cambodia, fair?

KATE ZERNIKE, "THE NEW YORK TIMES": Right. Right.

BROWN: he says he was there on Christmas and the record doesn't seem to support that.

ZERNIKE: No. In fact, if you look in "Tour of Duty" by Douglas Brinkley, which is his biography, or a biography of the Senator, he's somewhere else on December 25th, on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day.

Brinkley himself says there's some question Kerry may have been in Cambodia later. These vets are saying Kerry was never in Cambodia and that, if you tried to go there, there were huge signs on the part of the river saying "do not enter."

Any traffic lights?
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media is trying to use the last centuries tactics. Brown is saying....believe us, we had our best guys look at it, and he says ignore the facts of the SwiftVet.

BUT

We have nearly the same access as reporters did then, we can see the documents, we can come to our own conclusions.

The reason why the SwiftVet ad is doing so well, is because millions of people have checked it out, done the research, and know what to believe.

We don't have to take a reporters word for it.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
I don't think Aaron Brown can tell fact from opinion at this point....and I don't think he has done the research we have.

Aaron Brown was the person I was watching, early in the Iraq war, when I first realized that he (and CNN) wasn't "rooting" for our side. It was a sad day for me, and a real wakeup call. Sad

MarineBrat
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Don't believe what you see with your own eyes, believe what I tell you!"
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: