SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Refugee Tears
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Refugee Tears Reply with quote

It must have been heartbreaking to be in Vietnam as our Armed Forces had to deal with facilitating the massive exit of the Vietnamese Refugees seeking protection for what was to become of their country. I would have had great difficulty in dealing with witnessing the tears of families saying goodbye to their loved ones, knowing that they were going to meet certain death. I have often wondered about the Maintstream Media's (MSM) level of their sense of accomplishment in participating in giving Kerry and his band their thrust - especially when they were exposed as being less than honest.

I expected that the media would have claimed to have been duped by Kerry - but, no - rather they proposed an agnostic conclusion - ie, we can't know a conclusion in hopes that the issue will ultimately fade out with time. I think the Mainstream Media was just as surprised as Kerry with the Veteran's issue today - especially its strength! Why are they pro-Kerry - because if Kerry is indicted, so is the Mainstream Media. Today the Media's mantra is "we propose an angostic conclusion" - even O'Reilly is saying: "We weren't there, we'll never know!"

The MSM pats themselves on the back for participating in being a part of U.S. to provide safety for those Refugees - but, I liken Kerry and the MSM, that gave him and his likes the worldwide thrust, to firemen that starts fires so they can play heroes. There would not have been refugees, and the mass murders of millions of their families that was left behind because of the speed and space to facilitate them, if it hadn't been for Kerry and the Mainstream Media.

I reject MSM's proposal of being content with an agnostic conclusion to this matter. This bunch is going to hold on to this agnostic conclusion until the last Vietnam War Veteran is laid into the grave, leaving the liberal left to write our history for us.

Bring it to a conclusion.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the refugees are the next logical line of attack for commercials.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All hell will break loose when the Kerry in Paris with the VC ad comes out.
Twidget
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in high school, we had an assignment to interview a Vietnam Vet and write a report based on that interview.

I did my interview with a South Vietnamese man was was not able to flee the country before the American withdrawal.

He told me that the many people in the North (where a large part of his family was) were against the war and supported the Americans, but that they had no choice but to fight.

He also felt that the Americans were honorable people, but that the South felt betrayed when they packed up and left, leaving them to fend for themslves against the Russian and Chinese-backed Communist army.

He said that many people were slaughtered in the aftermath of the American withdrawal, and many leaders in the South were taken away to re-education camps and never seen again.
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The planeload of children they were trying to get to America crashing
with the loss of so many children and the crew and caregivers of the
children is the one that stays in my heart. How can Kerry and the
media congratulate themselves on stopping the war and leaving the
people behind who would die in the thousands? How can they behave in
the same fashion now with the Iraq war? They are beneath comtempt in
their thinking.

Every war is a bad war, but not as they think, as they sit in their
lovely homes and think only about their needs and wants. Not having
a war can lead to more deaths everywhere, not just America and they
do not care as long as they can get rid of the president.

They must have known this about Kerry and have protected him for
years, what does this say about them? Well, for one they are liars
by omission, and certainly manipulators of the truth to a huge degree
in order to have Kerry look good. This is the exact same behavior they have used for many, many years and we can only hope the people start to
understand what they are doing. Many liberals will not as they believe
the spin of the MSM and newspapers who present only what they
think will "be good for us to know, as we do not have the necessary
intelligence to see right from wrong."

Bless the Swiftvets and all the people who are taking their time and
energy and money to help get the truth to the real people of America
who will be horrified by the lies. Of course, there will be the people who
follow like sheep, but sheep need a leader and they so not have one. Mad
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twidget wrote:

He said that many people were slaughtered in the aftermath of the American withdrawal

I understand it was millions.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Refugee Tears Reply with quote

Robert Cooper wrote:
It must have been heartbreaking to be in Vietnam as our Armed Forces
had to deal with facilitating the massive exit of the Vietnamese Refugees
seeking protection for what was to become of their country. I would have
had great difficulty in dealing with witnessing the tears of families saying
goodbye to their loved ones, knowing that they were going to meet
certain death.

There are three reasons that motivated me to sign the original SBVT petition:

1. Kerry's attempts to suppress Swifties' freedom of speech last year (2003)

2. The death of my wife's father in the "re-education" camps after the war

3. The weeks that my son-in-law spent on a small boat escaping Vietnam

We are seeing reason number one being repeated in spades in recent weeks

Kerry's culpability in reasons numbers two and three will be forthcoming soon

A Swift Boat sailor who will never forget. I have lived with this for thirty years

BlueLotus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And meanwhile, Kerry, in 1971 on the Dick Cavett show, said the following:

"The true fact of the matter is, Dick, that there's absolutely no guarantee that there would be a bloodbath. There's no guarantee that there wouldn't. One has to, obviously, conjecture on this. However, I think the arguments clearly indicate that there probably wouldn't be."

Hmm... I guess he didn't know about what the North Vietnamese did to people trying to flee to the South in the late 1950's, when the perimeter around Haiphong kept getting smaller and smaller, according to the Geneva timetable, and people that had been tortured and maimed kept escaping through Haiphong with their stories of people being killed.

I wonder whether he thought the Khmer Rouge and Pol Pot would commit genocide after they ousted Lon Nol.

I wonder whether he recognizes that the Vietnamese govt. today is STILL killing people, just for being Christians.

But wait, he was one of Madame Binh's court jesters wasn't he?
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the tiresome rants of the left is to portray President Bush as a man with blood on his hands from the casualties of the Iraq war. Conveniently forgetting that under Saddam's reign, the daily casualties were higher without war. Or that, in a month, more citizens are murdered in the city of Detroit than our military casualites in the entire country of Iraq.

Funny how they don't hold Kerry to a fraction of the same standards. He is a self-confessed war criminal and traitor whose hands are red up to the elbows with the blood of American soldiers and hapless South Vietnamese.
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there good web sites for information on what happened to the Vietnamese after we left?
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: re kerry Reply with quote

just watched brit hume, kery is up to his tricks again, I voted for it before i voted against it, now he is calling up vets, one just reported a commander I think, asking for his support, turns out he is one of the swiftvets against him, he asked why they are doing this, what I said back then I didn't mean all of you only some, the commanders reply, not good enough sorry
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Refugee Tears Reply with quote

rbshirley wrote:

There are three reasons that motivated me to sign the original SBVT petition:

1. Kerry's attempts to suppress Swifties' freedom of speech last year (2003)

2. The death of my wife's father in the "re-education" camps after the war

3. The weeks that my son-in-law spent on a small boat escaping Vietnam

We are seeing reason number one being repeated in spades in recent weeks

Kerry's culpability in reasons numbers two and three will be forthcoming soon

A Swift Boat sailor who will never forget. I have lived with this for thirty years

You are a good man, Mr. Shirley. I'm sorry for what happened to your family. Thank you for standing up for them and all veterans.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.vsacentral.com/vsacentralForum/viewtopic.php?t=375

Here's what some of the children of our allies are saying.
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane Fonda, John Kerry and Tom Hayden got exactly what they wanted: an American pull-out of Vietnam.

And the radical dem's that came into power after the 68' convention takeover made sure we abandoned military support of South Vietnam.

They stood silent as the North invaded and took over.

They stood silent as millions died.

Then the truth came out.

First they denied it. Then they said nothing could have prevented it.
some even said the slaughter was our fault.

John Kerry does have blood on his hands. And he has spent over 30 years running from it. But it will catch up to him now.

The Vietnamese who settled in our midst have been silent. They have come to our shores and started new lives, and have not rocked the boat about how the Dem's and radicals like Kerry abadonded them to their fate.

But I believe that silence is about to be broken.

And woe, woe to John Kerry because his day of reckoning is coming.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manofaiki wrote:
Jane Fonda, John Kerry and Tom Hayden got exactly what they wanted: an American pull-out of Vietnam.
But I believe that silence is about to be broken.

And woe, woe to John Kerry because his day of reckoning is coming.

manofaiki

I second all that you said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: