SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tell the Truth about your service Mr. President
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morfdq
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Tell the Truth about your service Mr. President Reply with quote

I find it so ironic that a web site would be created to bash John Kerry when the current President has never even served in a war or showed up for his Natianal Gaurd duties. This is a half-hearted attempt by a few Republicans to deflect the fact that not only did the current president not serve in the war but avoided even the basic requirements of showing up for his duties in the National Gaurd. TELL THE TRUTH. This is the same attack that was waged against Senator McCain. Here let me outline some more facts..

There is not any WMD.

800 Soldiers have died to support a Presidents personnal agenda.

We will not be able to hand over a governing body by June 19th.

I SUPPORT OUR TROOPS BUT FEAR THE ADMINISTRATION.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference is that he is not campaigning on his service Kerry is. I was in the gaurd for 4 years and I can't seem to get any of my records there either so take that for what it's worth. I have gotten everything from my active Marine Corps day's but the gaurd has a terrible recordkeeping dept. And just more facts that you might not be aware of, approximatley 1,000 military people die every year in training accidents even in peace time, so if you consider the facts we are actually slightly below the normal and it doesn't have anything to do with Iraq. Bush has released everything pertaining to his service including his medical records, I challenge Kerry to do the same so we can see what those Purple Hearts were about. If they are legitimate then I will be the first to say so.
morfdq
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Tell the truth Reply with quote

Marine4Life-

You are exactly correct. Mr. Bush isnt running on his service history. Do you think thats because he doesnt have one. Lets not forget that he did mention several times that he served. Only recently did he stop when he came under fire for not showing up for duty.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Vietnam veterans just do not consider service in the Guard or the reserves draft dodging. It's just not an issue and never has been. Personally, I don't have a problem with any of the legal deferments during that time period, including student deferments.

I reserve my contempt for those that fled the country, or used other illegal or unethical means to avoid the draft.
morfdq
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Tell the truth Reply with quote

I am not knocking the Gaurd one bit. BUT if anyone else in that gaurd failed to show up for duty they would have been court marshaled. Please remember this website is being hosted by republicans who's only mission is to knock down the service of any canidate other than GW. If you do not believe this research who the board members are for this website.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Tell the truth Reply with quote

morfdq wrote:
I am not knocking the Gaurd one bit. BUT if anyone else in that gaurd failed to show up for duty they would have been court marshaled. Please remember this website is being hosted by republicans who's only mission is to knock down the service of any canidate other than GW. If you do not believe this research who the board members are for this website.

You have been misinformed. The 200 or so organisers of this organization are a mix of Republicans,Democrats, and Independents. The only issue they are completely united on is their opposition to John Kerry.

As far as whether or not Bush received special treatment, no one can prove it one way or the other. It's just not an issue with Vietnam veterans.

Bush did us no personal harm. Kerry did.
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unabashed comprehensive retraction

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hist/student,

I think you're over-stating your case there. Admittedly, it was the National Guard's job to protect the homefront should it come to that, but as most of those who were in the Guard at this time knew, and specifically the Texas Air National Guard was known, as the Champagne Guard. It was known as such because no one in this group expected to fight ever. That is why Bush with the help of his father pushed to jump the line in front of 500 other candidates, even though his test scores to become a pilot barely passed minimum requirements.

Also, that still doesn't explain where he was during his redeployment to Alabama. His commanding officer could not rate his performance because he never met with him. If you look up AWOL in the UCMJ, then Bush was by definition AWOL.

As for why he lost his flight status, again, we have never been given an answer. Bush himself has said he loved to fly, so why didn't he show up for the scheduled physical which would have protected his flight status?
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very trivial folks, this site is all about Kerry's service not Bush but if you must compare please do;
1. Kerry only spent 4 months in country(he claims 2 years)
Bush didn't make his physical appointment.
2. Kerry threw his service medals away.
Bush didn't make his physical appointment.
3. Kerry lied before the Senate.
Bush didn't make his appointment.
4. Kerry sympathized with the enemy and aided them.
5. Kerry's group planned to kill US Senators.
6. Kerry wrote a book based on lies only to hurt Vets.
Maybe it's just me but I see a trend here, treason is much more to worry about than missing an appointment. They do have the records that prove Bush was at the Alabama Gaurd drills. Pay stubs!!!!
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The difference is that he [Bush] is not campaigning on his service Kerry is."

Read Bush's pseudoautobiography, A Charge To Keep about his glorious years protecting Texas from a Mexican invasion.

On page 34, Bush claims that, after learning to fly the F-102 fighter jet, he was turned down for Vietnam duty because "had not logged enough flight hours" to qualify for a combat assignment. Before going on to recall the "challenging moments" that involved close formation drills at night during poor weather, he adds: "I continued flying with my unit for the next several years."

In light of what journalists and other researchers have learned since the publication of Mr. Bush’s book, his account is unmistakably fraudulent." As we've seen here, Bush checked off the box that would have helped keep him out of Vietnam rather than that bullcrap "had not logged enough flight hours to qualify."

Bush is clearly trying to present himself as a potential Vietnam vet had the opportunity been permitted. Clearly he is not. And Bush did far more than just not "meet his appointment."
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morfdq -- please fill us in with the branch of service and dates of enlistment for you. I assume that since you are critical of another man's service in the military that your service to your country was flawless. Maybe you're a war hero who actually earned his medals?

Most likely you are a tree hugger that has never considered serving and never supported those that keep you speaking English.

I've not yet met someone who served their country make an issue out of President Bush's service to his country. However, I've sure had my fill of those that never served, would never consider serving, and most likely skipped across the bridge to Canada if draft eligible -- dogging the President.

These same people think Klinton the Koward was the greatest black president and will soon vote for another coward and traitor. You ought to listen to yourself. Zero credibility even to open your trap on someone's service if you were unwilling to serve.
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
morfdq
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Know the facts about this web site Vote for Kerry Reply with quote

first of all this site is not run by Republicans and Democrats. If you are going to state something now the facts. Here is a quote from a recent article.

Behind the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are veteran corporate media consultant and Texas Republican activist Merrie Spaeth, who is listed as the group's media contact; eternal Kerry antagonist and Dallas attorney John E. O'Neill, law partner of Spaeth's late husband, Tex Lezar; and retired Rear Adm. Roy Hoffman, a cigar-chomping former Vietnam commander once described as "the classic body-count guy" who "wanted hooches destroyed and people killed."

Finally, I love how nobody mentioned the 800 soldiers who have died.

Stop your political agenda and start supporting the troops who are fighting a honorable war. (Unfortunately they are fighting because of a yahoo) also, can someone explain why they want to re-elect a person who admitted to snorting cocaine, being an alcoholic, failed at running a business, and averaged a 'C' in college. If i didnt do well in college I wouldnt have received a good job. He doesnt do well in college and you want to re-elect him. WAKE UP PEOPLE
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following is excerpted from National Review online and quotes other sources:

The FactCheck.org e-mail cites the news outlets that pursued the story about Bush's Guard service. According to the Globe account, Bush served the equivalent of 21 months on active duty over the next four years, including more than a year of flight training. The Globe quoted Bush's flight instructor, retired Col. Maurice H. Udell, as saying "I would rank him in the top 5 percent of pilots I knew."

The Globe also said that "those who trained and flew with Bush...said he was among the best pilots in the 111th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron. In the 22-month period between the end of his flight training and his move to Alabama, Bush logged numerous hours of duty, well above the minimum requirements for so-called 'weekend warriors.'"

When Bush moved to Alabama in May of 1972, he was supposed to report for duty at the 187th Tactical Recon Group in Montgomery Alabama. But the unit's commander at the time, retired Gen. William Turnipseed, was quoted by several news organizations as saying he had no recollection of Bush showing up. "I had been in Texas, done my flight training there. If we had had a first lieutenant from Texas, I would have remembered," the Globe quoted him saying. This is the source of the charge that Bush was AWOL (Absent Without Leave).

But while Bush himself later was quoted directly by the Dallas Morning News as admitting he missed some weekend drills while in Alabama, he claimed to have made them up afterward. "I was there on a temporary assignment and fulfilled my weekends at one period of time," he said. "I made up some missed weekends....I can't remember what I did, but I wasn't flying because they didn't have the same airplanes. I fulfilled my obligations."

FactCheck.org reports that while records are lacking for that period, the Associated Press quoted two friends who worked with Bush in the Blount campaign as saying they recall him attending Air National Guard drills in Alabama. Bush returned to Houston after the campaign, says FactCheck.org, but never resumed flying. "He spent 36 days on duty back in Houston in May, June, and July of 1973, the Globe reported, making up for weekend drills he was too busy to attend in Alabama

Bush requested and was granted special permission to end his six-year hitch eight months early. He was released in October 1973 to allow him to attend Harvard Business School.

FactCheck.org points out that other news organizations also concluded that Bush had fulfilled his obligation to the Air National Guard. George Magazine reported in October of 2000: "It's time to set the record straight.... Bush may have received favorable treatment to get into the Guard, served irregularly after the spring of 1972 and got an expedited discharge, but he did accumulate the days of service required of him for his ultimate honorable discharge." And according to the New York Times of Nov. 3, 2000, "a review of records by The New York Times indicated that some of those concerns (about Bush's absence) may be unfounded . . . . A review by The Times showed that after a seven-month gap, he appeared for duty in late November 1972 at least through July 1973." Finally, the Washington Post concluded after reviewing the record, "it is safe to say that Bush did very light duty in his last two years in the Guard and that his superiors made it easy for him.

The link to the entire article is http://www.nationalreview.com/script/printpage.asp?ref=/owens/owens200402090833.asp

Note that it is the Boston Globe that cites 22 months of "numerous hours of duty, well above the minimum requirements for so-called 'weekend warriors.' This is after the end of flight training."

BTW, the Globe is not normally accused of being a newspaper with a "conservative" bent.

Pseudo, indeed!
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that you John F'r?

Try not to go so deep with the Botox needle Comrade. You're hitting the few brain cells left.
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
morfdq
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Kahuna wrote:
morfdq -- please fill us in with the branch of service and dates of enlistment for you. I assume that since you are critical of another man's service in the military that your service to your country was flawless. Maybe you're a war hero who actually earned his medals?

Most likely you are a tree hugger that has never considered serving and never supported those that keep you speaking English.

I've not yet met someone who served their country make an issue out of President Bush's service to his country. However, I've sure had my fill of those that never served, would never consider serving, and most likely skipped across the bridge to Canada if draft eligible -- dogging the President.

These same people think Klinton the Koward was the greatest black president and will soon vote for another coward and traitor. You ought to listen to yourself. Zero credibility even to open your trap on someone's service if you were unwilling to serve.

Big Kahuna-
You name should be BIG IDIOT. I love how none of you answer my question but go on the offensive. Typical Bush fashion, dodge the issue and mislead others. As for the tree hugger comment and racial comments, I bet you got a C in college (if you even attended). As for your question regarding service, I am proud to say I served my country in the United States Marine Corp. from 1992-1996. KNOW THE FACTS. You are being mislead but based on your comments it is easy to see how.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: