SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Observation about Kerry's Discharge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
risawn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Observation about Kerry's Discharge Reply with quote

I want to get somebody else's spin on this, as I posted it in a folder that got moved to R&R about Kerry's Honorable Discharge. (and R&R is not as visited a forum as this one)

His DD 214 can be found here. http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/DD214.pdf

However, I noticed something odd and related it to my own situation as I am a reservist, and I'm still actively drilling in the Army Reserves. However, while I was training for my current MOS, I was on active duty for exactly 6 months to complete my training. When I was released from active duty into the reserves, I was given an honorable discharge and a DD214, DESPITE THE FACT THAT I WAS STILL IN. The DD214 does not state anything in regards to my reserve time, which I am still serving. It is a discharge from Active Duty and Active Duty alone.

Can't this be the same for John Kerry? He recieved an Honorable Discharge from Active Duty after serving in Vietnam because for the most part, his service was honorable. We don't have the information in regards to his Reserve Discharge because he won't release that information.

Could it be that he recieved a less the Honorable Discharge due to the fact that he didn't fulfill his reserve obligation (which would make sense), and later when he had enough clout, he was able to have it upgraded (hence this date in 1991).

Perhaps Kerry was counting on the general public to overlook this fact and just see an Active Duty DD 214 as a blanket for all of his military service. So he got an honorable discharge from Active Duty, I want to see this discharge from the reserves

Is this yet another reason why he's not signing DD Form 180? Is he hiding this as well?

(becuase if he is, he was a hypocrit for questioning Bush's service in the National Guard if he can't even stand by his own service to the Reserves)

The thread in which I originally posted this can be found here.
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4871
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riswan,

I think you are on to something. I am willing to bet that Kerry's Discharge from the Reserves is not Honorable (there are multiple levels). I am also willing to bet that isn't a General Discharge (under Honorable Conditions) either because those are routinely upgraded to Honorable. (In fact I am given to understand that such upgrades are nealy automatic.)

This isn't proof, but I think you can see where I am headed.

Truth is Beauty
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to put another post to your post in the R&R section in a bit, but I wanted to put this question here for you guys that know these things....

Am I understanding correctly that there would be another form indicating separation from his reserve committment?

~Kylie
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmmpatriot,

Absolutely. In fact each time you change branches of the service or even when your enlistment runs out and you reenlist, you get a new DD214.

Truth is Beauty
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: