SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Ad Speculation! (Unofficial Suggestions/Ideas Thread)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Squirrel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Next Ad Speculation! (Unofficial Suggestions/Ideas Thread) Reply with quote

Hey Fellow Americans,

I wanted to hear your take on what you'd like to see in the next SBVT Television Ad?

I'd like to have Kerry admitting to committing all of those atrocities.
Maybe have ALL of the members of the swift boat veterans for truth group standing in rows with their medals on, and the Ad saying "These vietnam veterans who gave blood for our country, are all liars?"

What have you guys heard or what do you suggest be in the next Ad?
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Next Ad? Reply with quote

An idea for the next ad:

Play back some of Kerry's 1971 testimony before the Senate where he suggests that his negotiations with the North have assured him that there would be only 3000 casualties if the U.S. withdraws the troops (with a Senator wanting him to raise the estimate).

Then show some footage of South Vietnamese being massacred when Saigon was overrun, and "boat people" fleeing the South in a panic, with audio of Kerry saying "Bring it on".

Then show the Wall in Washington, with a voice-over saying that 58,000 Americans died trying to defend South Vietnam.

Then show 2004 footage of Kerry promising to withdraw the troops from Iraq within six months if elected, with a voice-over saying, "Do you trust this man to lead our Armed Forces?"

Just a suggestion--I'm sure you guys could improve on this!
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say an infomercial, Covering the facts of what we already have proven IE Cambodia,first purple heart,rice in the but, And above all drive home that good men were tortured by Kerry's statements by the communist Vietnamese
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Next Ad Reply with quote

If the Swiftvets have indeed collected $1.7M, how about re-running the second ad in some big swing states, like FL, MI, OH, IA?

You would need to buy airtime there, but no need to film a new ad.
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the tremendous amount of cable news coverage I can't imagine SBVT needs to spend a whole lot more for exposure.

Bring on more commercials and they will cover them.

This is the hottest topic in the media. Thank you JFK!

Keep telling the truth in neat little sound bites ...one after another.

They can't get enough of this. They can't ignore the truth.

They can't repeal FREE SPEECH!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next ad: I would like to see is a large group shot of all the 250 SwiftVEts in uniform standing in HUGE front of a screen showing John Kerry throwing his medals with his droning voice reciting the atrocities claim. Then, at the end, The entire Group would (in unison) salute and say:

SwiftVets reporting for duty. Bring. It. On.
unbelievable
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin Note: Off topic, off-message, off the board....
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable, you are what we call a troll. Sic 'em admin.
good_show
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that the next ad should open with his "reporting for duty" opening to his convention speech and then be followed by a series of clips including his 1971 tesimony and the Cavett Show debate contrasted against his defense/security voting record and his hawkish statements regarding Iraq and his backtracking on same. I would close the ad by asking this question, "Which John Kerry is reporting for duty now?"
Guammie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember, as a child. ( I was born in 1964) Having my father in vietnam. I was 6 or 7 when Kerry announced to the world that my father was a baby killer. I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. We lived in northern Ohio at the time, no where near a base. My mother was left to handle the three of us, my older brother who was 14 or 15 ( who believed everything that traitor said.) myself and my baby brother who was 1 or 2 at the time. I remember the taunts and had been instructed by my mother not to mention where my dad was. She had been treated horribly when some in the area found out my dad was in Vietnam.

I am telling this, because I think that a comercial about those left behind, here at home, putting up with the hate that Kerry and his ilk stirred up, while worried sick for a husband, son, father or brother, might be a good comercial. A comercial about the heartbreak and fear that Kerry and his ilk inspired.
TomM
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Just go with the flow Reply with quote

The flow seems to be headed toward pressuring Kerry to put up or shut up by authorizing the release of ALL his service records including after action and damage reports.

An add saying that the Swiftvets would welcome having all the records laid on the table and challenging Kerry to do the same would be my choice for some future ad. Smile
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Ideas here. I like this
Quote:
Then show some footage of South Vietnamese being massacred when Saigon was overrun, and "boat people" fleeing the South in a panic, with audio of Kerry saying "Bring it on".

and this

Quote:
Next ad: I would like to see is a large group shot of all the 250 SwiftVEts in uniform standing in HUGE front of a screen showing John Kerry throwing his medals with his droning voice reciting the atrocities claim. Then, at the end, The entire Group would (in unison) salute and say:

SwiftVets reporting for duty. Bring. It. On.

I think refugees speaking of their massacred family members and what our leaving did to their country and hopes of a decent future should be in there eventually, but hang with what he did to his own. They deserve to be heard loud and clear.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Just shoot the ads Reply with quote

I have an idea. Just film a series of hard-hitting, controversial ads and post them on the web site. The cable news networks will do back flips showing them for free.

1. Vets Shamed for life because of Kerry.
2. Kerry threw in the towel for all of us.
3. Show the picture of John Kerry in the communist museum in Hanoi
4. Show John Kerry tossing the medals and morph the medals into American Flags.
5. Show the cover of his book with the flag hanging upside down mocking Iwo Jima.
good_show
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guammie wrote:
I remember, as a child. ( I was born in 1964) Having my father in vietnam. I was 6 or 7 when Kerry announced to the world that my father was a baby killer. I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. We lived in northern Ohio at the time, no where near a base. My mother was left to handle the three of us, my older brother who was 14 or 15 ( who believed everything that traitor said.) myself and my baby brother who was 1 or 2 at the time. I remember the taunts and had been instructed by my mother not to mention where my dad was. She had been treated horribly when some in the area found out my dad was in Vietnam.

I am telling this, because I think that a comercial about those left behind, here at home, putting up with the hate that Kerry and his ilk stirred up, while worried sick for a husband, son, father or brother, might be a good comercial. A comercial about the heartbreak and fear that Kerry and his ilk inspired.

I think that is a superb idea! It would really hit home (pardon the pun) and show the damage he did to others beyond the brave vets themselves. Kudos!
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guammie wrote:

Guammie, your post here was moving.

My own husband was in Iraq not too long ago and when the Abu Ghraib story broke, I thought "Oh no! Here we go." It was pretty depressing for a few weeks. It was probably 1/100th of what these Swift Boat Vets and their families have felt over the years.

That being said, I can't help but want to see a commercial with a picture of traitor John Kerry meeting with the enemy in Paris.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: