SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Ad Speculation! (Unofficial Suggestions/Ideas Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Ad? Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
An idea for the next ad:

Play back some of Kerry's 1971 testimony before the Senate where he suggests that his negotiations with the North have assured him that there would be only 3000 casualties if the U.S. withdraws the troops (with a Senator wanting him to raise the estimate).

Then show some footage of South Vietnamese being massacred when Saigon was overrun, and "boat people" fleeing the South in a panic, with audio of Kerry saying "Bring it on".

Then show the Wall in Washington, with a voice-over saying that 58,000 Americans died trying to defend South Vietnam.

Then show 2004 footage of Kerry promising to withdraw the troops from Iraq within six months if elected, with a voice-over saying, "Do you trust this man to lead our Armed Forces?"

Just a suggestion--I'm sure you guys could improve on this!

Very well thought out! Maybe add the "smarter and more sensitive war" quote.
good_show
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armywife, one had to note the attempt from a great many on the Left to treat the aberrations of the Abu Ghraib thing as a far broader issue. Afterall, they had a good teacher in that respect: John Kerry. Please thank your husband for me for his service to America, and thank you for yours.
Guammie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Army Wife:
Glad your Husband is back.
I think that could be worked in. Picture a poor family (remember that pay during the Vietnam war was horrible), huddled together, infront of the same kind of screen that the Swifties already use. On that screen is Kerry meeting with Madam Bihn.
"While Kerry was was negotiating with Communists, We were praying for for (who ever) safety."

"While Kerry was calling our (again Whatever) baby killers. We were praying for their safety."

Then maybe a flag draped coffin, and "While Kerry was negotiating with the Communist, we were burrying our dead."

"While Kerry was negotiating with the communist, we were keeping the faith. We were spurned, spat upon, heckled, scarred, scared and shunned. While Kerry was negotiating with the communists............"
Otis
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, no ...

Not "while Kerry was negotiating with the communists", It should be
"While John Kerry consorted with the enemy."
good_show
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, something just occured to me.

I originally saw the O'Neill/Kerry debate on the Cavett Show when I was 11 (watching with my parents). I was clueless back then and hadn't seen it since until I viewed it on this site these some 33 years later.

While watching it one thing really stood out to me. It was Kerry's assertion that there would be no "bloodbath" if the US withdrew its troops from that region, and Mr. O'Neill's adamant (and prophetic) assertion that that, based on empirical evidence, is exactly what would happen. As I watched and listened the film "The Killing Fields" immediately leapt to mind. I wonder if Kerry considers this effect of his misguided mission. I also wonder if this would not make for a damning TV ad.
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Have a say, "You lied about being in Cambodia on Christmas Eve".
2. Then have a POW say, "You betrayed your country".
3. Have Gardener say something like, "I was on Kerry's boat, when he inflated the casualty count by 400%".
4. Have Wright, his former commander say, "A charge unanswered, is a charge proven", like he quoted in a paper today.
5. Have as many Swift Vets say, "We believe Kerry is Unfit for Command. We challenge him to have the honor and integrity to sign Form-180, and release all his service record and settle for once and for all, who is telling the truth."
force2bseen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a tie in with some of the veterans families would be good ,
also something on the lines of names added to the honored wall on those days he was slandering them before congress , in Paris, etc.
I am a new member , Viet Nam era veteran that has never been involved with, nor donated to any political party and completely resent being type casted as a right wing conspiritor because I have donated to this cause as I think it is one of the most noble and necessary in the country's history.
Cowboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve said:

Then show some footage of South Vietnamese being massacred when Saigon was overrun, and "boat people" fleeing the South in a panic, with audio of Kerry saying "Bring it on".

Then show the Wall in Washington, with a voice-over saying that 58,000 Americans died trying to defend South Vietnam.

Then show 2004 footage of Kerry promising to withdraw the troops from Iraq within six months if elected, with a voice-over saying, "Do you trust this man to lead our Armed Forces?"

Those are some great ideas. I saw a poster somewhere where it showed the last helicopter out of Saigon with everyone struggling to get on, and the caption below said, "This is what Kerry means when he says 'Let America be America again' "
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe to swerve from the "this is a Bush smear tactic", some of the Dem veterans can add a few soundbites...

"I'm a registered Democrat and was going to vote my party line this election for any other candidate... But not THIS man, not John F. Kerry."

and

"The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have been attacked for questioning the character of a War Hero. Why, other than Kerry's own words, would they think he's a war hero?"

and

"There is a form Mr. Kerry can sign which would shed light on his questionable service. We have requested the signing of form-180 which releases all of Mr.Kerry's service records for public scrutiny. After that happens, let's see what the public believes."

I also agree that there won't have to be quite as much money spent on media penetration. I think anything that the Swiftees come up with at this point is already "newsworthy"... Even by the MSM who wish it would go away!

SOTG
bigyellowdog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM always glosses over the facts that supports the Swifts' claims such as Kerry contradicting is own statements, his recanting of events and specifically his own Tour of Duty supporting the accusations. It's like they refuse to listen to the Swifts or actually read Unfit for Command.

A comercial showing the Swifts' claims, followed by Kerry inconssistent quotes or excerpts from Tour of Duty that supports the claim would be powerful. Close out the commericial quoting Kerry promising to release all military records, give examples of the many that are still not available and then close the commercial with a request to sign the 180 to clear up the record.

Wouldn't this type of commerical force the MSM to do the investigative reporting that they are trying hard to avoid?
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have some Vietnamese that had to live there after the pull out tell there story of what went on because of John Kerry. And some of thier story of how they had to get out.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to hammer the ADMISSION by Kerry so far:

1) "Christmas in Cambodia" (four changes to Kerry's story already)

2) "The other boats fled, I went back alone" (Sandusky, Kerry's
pilot, outed him on this one Thursday (8/19/04) by EXPLAINING
WHY Kerry's boat left while the others were working to save the 3-boat)

3) 08/24/2004 After checking Kerry's bio and journal
Kerry's campaign admits "...indeed possible that John
Kerry's first Purple Heart commendation was the result
of an, unintentional, self-inflicted wound."

When he CHANGES his STORY he CONCEDES that the SwiftVets exposed the truth of his lies.

Also the one about the VVAW meeting that considered the murder of US Senators

First he denies (his voice when possible) -- then he or crew admits (voice with text when possible)
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember folks, these commercials are SHORT. There are some great ideas here, but I don't think there should be much writing in a TV ad. Too many people have lousy eyesight and poor concentration.

It seems to me like the very best ads use images carefully, have background music, some motion, and leave you a teeny bit of time to think between statements. Where TV ads get irritating is when they try to tell you too much at once...like car sellers tend to do.

The Swift Boat Vets would also have to be extremely careful in checking out any families or Vietnamese people before they put them on. Remember, the MSM will be checking twice as hard on these ads as on any other TV ads in history!
Frogg
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the Swiftees want to get off topic (Kerry's Senate record).
they should stay on topic about his Vietnam record.

I think the next ad should replay the video of O'Neill challenging Kerry to sue him if he is lying, and replay the video of O'Dell saying he would take a lie detector test..."anytime, any place, and so should Kerry" (in answer to a question from Steve Doocey of Fox and Friends about willingness to take a lie detector test), replay video about Kerry refusing to sign form 180......then recap a summary of the 5 or 6 charges Kerry has already had to correct (Christmas in Cambodia, self inflicted wound, attended that anti war meeting that discussed assassinating Senators, etc)....phase out with a list of charges Kerry has not responded to followed by a voiceover "Senator Kerry, it's time to tell the rest of the truth".
(Oh, and if you can squeeze some footage from the old Dick Cavett debate between O'Neill and Kerry about Kerry's projected Vietnam deaths if we pull out vs the reality....add that)

Something like that would be very effective, I think!

NOTE TO MODERATOR: Please pass any of these ideas from the "heart and soul of America" on to the creative minds of the Swiftboat Vets for Truth who handle your commercials! Even if they can't be used....brainstorming might bring some even brighter ideas their way!
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah...and all SBVfT ads should have at least one old picture of John Kerry with that ugly long hair. That image is distinctly un-Presidential.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: