SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VC must have been lousy shots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: VC must have been lousy shots Reply with quote

If I have my facts straight. And it is very important at this point that we all make sure of our facts.

The swift boats were on scene for an hour and a half after the 3 boat hit the mine. During that time the boats were at times moving slowly to pick up sailors/soldiers in the water. Or, even stopped while boarding other boats and tying up. Yet, in that period of time, in a river/canal only 75 yards wide, with fire suposedly coming from both sides of the canal/river the vietnamese managed to hit these 50 foot boats only three times. Wounding no one.

This has to go down as some of the worst shooting in history or it has to totally disprove the claim of Kerry and Rassmann.

As a former marine who knows how easy it is to hit a man at 500 yards this theory of 90 minutes and at most three bullet holes and no one wounded sounds like what comes out of the north end of a south bound cow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it - check out the discussions regarding this topic in Research and Resources - and welcome aboard, Marine. Smile
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

openfish24,

This is exactly the same point I have been making for some days now. However, as a former marine, you input to the media outlets couldn't hurt. Bad shot doesn't even begin to cover it. Given the lack of small arms damage and casualties, what Kerry is suggesting simply could not have happened. I am astounded that so many otherwise intelligent people could overlook this glaring physical fact.

Truth is Beauty
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a little about this, I am an avid weapons collector and amateur war historian. The predominant weapon of the enemy in Vietnam was actually two weapons. The SKS and the AK 47 both fire the 7.62x39 bullet it roughly is ballistically equivalent to a 30/30 winchester. Both weapons are very accurate to about 400 yards. According to the reports the enemy hypothetically should have been no more than 125 yards max. I have never been in combat but I have been in rifle competitions for years through our state rifle association. I can say with some measure of confidence that Kerry is full of poo. If I was in the brush 125 yards from the boats for 1 1/2 hours I would have killed many of them easily with either weapon. There assertion in and of itself is bull poo
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

low,

Explain it to the talking heads...and make it clear you are speaking as an expert.

Truth is Beauty
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary, it appears that the N Vietnamese were very good marksmen - but, I suppose that at this particular event they were focusing their fire on The American Flag (or Union Jack).

Evident from Kerry's speech at the Democratic National Convention where he said that his boat had endured such intense enemy fire, that the American flag that flew on his swiftboat was was reduced to a tattered rag as it was riddled with bullet holes.

There you have it, the N Vietnames had a thing for Kerry's flag - now that makes logical sense. [giggle]
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

low26 wrote:
If I was in the brush 125 yards from the boats for 1 1/2 hours I would have killed many of them easily with either weapon. There assertion in and of itself is bull poo

I would have to agree with you, I've owned and fired both weapons and it would not be a problem to pick off the men" let alone 4 50ft long boats sitting in the water. Heck an hour and a half retreiving the 3 boat, gess! with enough ammo in that leagth of time boats would have been sunk LOL Exclamation
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boats aluminum hulls would be swiss cheese also
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed they would. What amounts to the forensics reports (the Damage and Casualty reports) call Kerry a liar. Bottom line.

Truth is Beauty
Old Horse Soldier
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of casualties and battle damage gives lie to the under heavy fire part of the story. It's the forensic evidence that there was no one was shooting at the boats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: