SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judicial Watch Seeks Investigation into Kerry's Medals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfrader
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Judicial Watch Seeks Investigation into Kerry's Medals Reply with quote

Don't know if this has been posted or not - very, very interesting...

Call for probe of Kerry's medals
Judicial Watch seeks investigation into candidate's awards, anti-war actions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 25, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Judicial Watch, the government-watchdog legal group, has filed a request with the Pentagon for an official investigation into the Vietnam-era medals received by presidential nominee John Kerry as well as his controversial anti-war activities.

The organization petitioned both the U.S. Navy and the Defense Department. Part of the action included a request the government investigate Kerry's meeting with North Vietnamese and Viet Cong delegations in Paris while a member of the Naval Reserve.

A Judicial Watch statement said its action is based on serious questions raised by the blockbuster book "Unfit for Command" by John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi. The book raises doubts about Kerry's accounts of supposed wartime heroism that led to his receiving three Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star and a Silver Star.

The request, dated Aug. 18, seeks an investigation into the following allegations against Kerry: "false official reports and statements; dishonorable conduct; aiding the enemy; dereliction of duty; misuse and abuse of U.S. government equipment and property; war crimes; and multiple violations of U.S. Navy regulations and directives, the Uniform Code of Military Justice and the U.S. Code."

Judicial Watch hopes the Navy's Department Board of Decorations and Medals will take part in the investigation.

"The allegations concerning Kerry's conduct during the Vietnam War are credible, serious and shocking," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. "The sooner an investigation begins, the better."

Very Happy
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Whoa! Seriously? Reply with quote

This is the first I've heard about this, are you sure this is true?

If so, EUREKA! Breakthrough - the first offical request for an in depth investigation!

Please send any more details as you get them, make sure that the Swifties are well informed so they can publicize this appropriately.

Regards,
sfrader
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I don't think the Navy will touch this with a 10 foot pole
- can you imagine the screams of rage coming out of the Dems? They would claim that Bush is making the Military open the investigation, and it would turn into another "partisan" Clinton-like Confused witch-hunt. Too bad though - it should be investigated...I think there's been enough questions raised over the last few weeks that need to be answered. Kerry sure ain't gonna do it...

Keep the faith, though! Confused
Michmaddave
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you find this?
Posted today, is the mainstream press reporting it?
Drudge?
Sting2114
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally..I don't think this is good news just because the Dem's always make out to be "Repubs are attacking us just like they did Clinton". No matter what...For example: a Democrat Senator could shoot someone in cold blood on live tv. If there was a investigation launched, they'd blame the Republicans for trying to pull another Clinton.

Your not gonna believe what I heard in a POLS class today, I have a somewhat liberal leaning teacher (this is the first week and all I had to do to figure out her ideals was listen closely). She said that the 2000 election was wrong basically. Florida was ripped off, and did not get the proper count. Um, all the newspapers have checked...537 lady, kiss my rear.

I'm sick of Demo's/liberals trying to make excuses and lies, and constantly blame the Republicans for everything the Demos have done wrong. It gets old fast!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actualy old news, but I'll post the link to the artical on Judicail Watches site for you.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/3794.shtml
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had several discussions about this on this board and in Research and Resources.

If you put Judicialwatch.org into the search engine at the top of the page and the search engine decides that it wants to be helpful, today, it will find them for you. If it isn't, I'm afraid you'll have to put on your waders and go digging through the forums. Wink

If anyone else can find them for you, we'll post the links here.
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Whoa! Seriously? Reply with quote

wvobiwan wrote:
This is the first I've heard about this, are you sure this is true?

If so, EUREKA! Breakthrough - the first offical request for an in depth investigation!

Please send any more details as you get them, make sure that the Swifties are well informed so they can publicize this appropriately.

Regards,

It's very true.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/2004/kerryawards.htm

For those not familiar w/ JW, here's a list of their ongoing cases:
http://www.judicialwatch.org/cases.shtml

Last edited by Steve02C5 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote

If anyone else can find them for you, we'll post the links here.[/quote]

Beat ya to it Exclamation Laughing
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: JudicialWatch Reply with quote

I have mixed feelings about posting this but...

I would not get too excited about this. Sometimes Judicial Watch reminds me of a "shark that smells blood in the water" and will use the issue to raise funds for what they have going.

I have to admit that I have supported them in the past. But I can not recall any results from their efforts other then the satisfaction I get from them suing the heck out of groups/individuals/etc that I am opposed to.

My point in saying this is that if you are inclined to donate money - donate it to the swifvets!

Charlie
sfrader
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Charlie - JW went after Clinton, but I also believe they've been chasing Bush/Cheney around over certain things (Energy consultant list??) but....that does show they are somewhat non-partisan.

Regardless - it'll be another wack upside the head for Kerry and keep the story alive. The MSM will have trouble ignoring it - but they'll put the typical "Republicans bad, Democrats good" spin on it. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: