SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera shy...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiggerPJS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Camera shy... Reply with quote

Looking at all the photos and films John Kerry has of himself in Vietnam, I can only wonder what happened to me?

All the pictures accumulated from the 20 years I spent in the Air Force, only a dozen or so have me in them...none of which are videos.

Kerry has enough photos and home movies to produce a feature film...all taken during a four-month period.

I wonder, was it conceit or planning ahead?
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably both...conceit and planning ahead. It tells a lot about his character. Think about what most young men have on their minds as they head into a combat zone. Fear of what will happen. Wondering if they will be able to do their job when the s**t hits the fan. Homesick and anxious to get this thing over with and get home. Scared for their buddies and themselves - knowing they'll have to back each other like they never have before...

What was John Kerry thinking about? How to pack his typewriter and his camera and how cool this was all going to be when he runs for President someday...

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Camera shy... Reply with quote

RiggerPJS wrote:
All the pictures accumulated from the 20 years I spent in the Air Force, only a dozen or so have me in them...none of which are videos.

I agree - I've got lots of pictures from my in-country time of people, places and things - but only one photo of me.

I do seem to remember one of our C-130B "trash-hauler" copilots with a movie camera - but they had plenty of space to carry things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: