SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hannity Pounds Meehan over Form 180
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Hannity Pounds Meehan over Form 180 Reply with quote

Hannity finally cornered a sacrificial lamb named Michael Meehan and asked (I lost count at 7 times) if Kerry will sign the form. Once again they cannot step up and stop the lies.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I can watch Hannity and Colmes is to hit the mute button every tim Ichabod Colmes opens his mouth.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, Michael looked like he was going to agree with Hannity, but then forgot and launched into the talking points.

How do these folks live with themselves for bringing on such a candidate!
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Kerry people say that Kerry HAS released his records the response is, "NO, only by signing Standard Form 180 do we get the unedited, unsanitized official record."

Sign SF 180 Senator - The American people deserve to see the "rest of the OFFICIAL story."
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was subtle, but the message from Michael Meehan was: Kerry has given up on veteran votes. He referred to vets as angry, bitter, and so forth, and said Kerry made a "courageous choice" (yeah, right) that still costs him.

Translation: The Kerry campaign now will trash vets at will because they have lost that vote.
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched that interview. I do believe Colmes insulted those who support the Swifties? Waiting to find a transcript.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The previous exchange between them and between Col. Ollie North and Bob Beckel set me off. Truth be known, every time Bob Beckel guests on the show, I'm set off. I fired off the following email to Colmes tonight;

Mr. Colmes, let me preface this by saying that I am a 55 year old Vietnam veteran who served in country from June of 1969 to the final days of December 1970. I have looked upon you as a fair minded person, even emailing you before to thank you for your stance on military people.

However, listening to you tonight, as you defended Bob Beckel and his claims that the atrocities John Kerry testified to in 1971, were in fact common place and labeling him as a brave man for speaking out, made me realize that you have lost your sense of "fair and balanced."

As one who served, and hearing Beckel claim the atrocities Kerry mentioned are well documented, without offering any documentation, I am angry that you choose to support his stance in an effort to elect your man. Allow me to say, claiming that Kerry was only repeating what he was told by veterans is a farce. Many of those who testified to those atrocities were in fact, not even Vietnam veterans, as exposed in the book, Stolen Valor, by B.G. Burkett, a real Vietnam veteran. When Naval Investigative Services looked into those claims made by Kerry, as ordered by Congress, hardly any would repeat those claims on the record, even though offered immunity.

You keep repeating that Kerry volunteered for Vietnam and requested combat duty, as he has recently said, in his efforts to be seen as a hero. Allow me to refer you to some of John Kerry's own words, as stated in the Boston Globe;

Quote:
"Kerry initially hoped to continue his service at a relatively safe distance from most fighting, securing an assignment as "swift boat" skipper. While the 50-foot swift boats cruised the Vietnamese coast a little closer to the action than the Gridley had come, they were still considered relatively safe.

"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing.""

See section 2 of the following Boston Globe article

http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/061503.shtml

Seeing you trash the Swift vets and allow them to be called liars and frauds, then hearing you thank another man for his service makes me sick to my stomach. I am rapidly losing all respect I ever had for you.

LewWaters
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing all respect for Alan Colmes is long overdue. The only wardrobe that guy needs is duct tape, from his nose to his toes.
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha...He just chimes in with ridiculious statements when Hannity lets him. Dole is right on target!!!!!!!!
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Lew. I hope he reads it because you are so right.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did these people grow to be in their 40s and 50s without ever, apparently, having learned the words "Yes" and "No"?--

Whey the hell can't just ONE of them ever, ever, EVER answer a yes-or-no-question with a simple "yes" or "no"?--

Honest to goodness, it just makes me borderline homicidal--

Can you imagine their weddings?--

Pastor: "Do you take this woman.......?"

Democrat: "You have to understand something here--I've said over and over publicly that I plan to be with her long term--I've placed a statement to that effect on my web site, for Heaven's sake!!--I've introduced her to my family and all my friends--I bought her a ring--I made reservations for a honeymoon--I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT MORE I CAN SAY--And if that's all not enough for you.......well.......I can only assume that you have some sort of sinister agenda and I'll make it my business to destroy you for it whether it's true or not--I've been a member of this church for....................."

It's a sickness to be so determined not to EVER just answer a question directly--And apparently there's no cure--C
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

WAAAAAH HOO HOO HOO HOOOOOO!

Laughing
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're probably convinced O'Neil is lying because he actually answers questions without hemming and hawing... That can't be right. Rolling Eyes
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
The only way I can watch Hannity and Colmes is to hit the mute button every tim Ichabod Colmes opens his mouth.

Laughing
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colmes=Butt Laughing head He does look like Butthead from Beavis and Butthead and the comparison fits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: