SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AP calls O'Neill liar
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiavietvetdaughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Question re MSM? Reply with quote

Are you referring to Mainstream Media? Question
xub
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna,

All i could find is a transcript of the show - if the tape is there I could not find. I'd like to find a transcript or recording of the original tape where john says he's a democrat. MSnbc has a transcript but i believe they have edited those coments out - they have nixon talking to himself & [edit] blocks for about 2 or 3 paragraphs
xub
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mainstream Media?

Yes, MSM = Mainstream Media
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I learned about the media a LONG TIME AGO is that they snippet. Until we can get a full transcript of the tape I will believe O'Neill.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xub wrote:
Quote:
Mainstream Media?

Wrong! MSM = Mainsewer Media! Wink
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwanLady wrote:
One thing I learned about the media a LONG TIME AGO is that they snippet. Until we can get a full transcript of the tape I will believe O'Neill.

All O'Neill did was say "I was in Cambodia. I was along the border."

It was very conversational and his second statement was a more specific addition to the first. If he clearly did not intend to say he was INSIDE CAMBODIA in any way that did not relate to him being stationed on the border. He did not mean to imply to the President of the United States that he disobeyed the President's policy just a short time ago.

He did not refer to it as a turning point in his life, he did not use this false story to justify calling Reagan's foreign policy equally illegal.

I think the dems are doing a good job of a shotgun blast of a lot of tiny half truths. It's desperate and unethical. But I think its effective considering what they have to work with (a liar).
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

Haven't you considered that is has taken the better part of a day for this story to his the AP wire? All O'Neill has to do is play that second setence and the story ends.

Prediction: This dies within 24hours because the MSM knows there is no story here. [Same with the flyer btw.]

You need to consider what this delay means, however. IMHO it means severe disarray and confusion in Camp Kerry. Otherwise this would have hit the wire much sooner.

Truth is Beauty
xub
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wrong! MSM = Mainsewer Media!

I won't argue a bit!

Yes, the Kerry Kamp is confused. Not only have they had the full resources of the DNC, CNN, MSNBC,CBS and all the alphabets plus the NYT, LAT and a lot of other papers, they have like 60 million invested in 527 orgs. So far, all they've been able to do with all that fire power is shoot theirselves in the foot, over and over.

What I'm thinking is, if a copy of that tape or a transcript can be found with the section where Mr. O'neill tells Nixon he is a democrat - that would make a great addition to this site. Either that or an official challenge to the media to release the full transcripts of the tape and not just the snippet. Just my 2 cents, seems like it would show them up once again as the ones who are distorting the truth.

In any case, my hats off to the Swiftvets, you guys are doing an awesome job of setting the record straight & the truth is getting out.
brityank
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
xub wrote:
Quote:
Mainstream Media?

Wrong! MSM = Mainsewer Media! Wink

Better yet -- Goebell's Media - and their Kapos.

Maybe not; Goebells was honest enough to admit that he practiced propaganda unlike his Kapo disciples of today.
Twidget
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headline changed to "Swift Boat Author Addresses Contradiction"

The article also has a new set of bylines - the main author and the "also contributed" are switched.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040826/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_critic_swift_boats&cid=694&ncid=1963&sid=96378798
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twidget,

Yep. They heard the rest of the tape. I bet the story dies after it's made it's initial rounds just like the Flyer story did. In short, it's a dead letter and the MSM knows it.

Truth is Beauty
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second sentence qualifies the first. Operating at its border tells in what relationship he was in Cambodia with "the area of " being understood.

"I was in [the area of] Cambodia, sir. I worked along it border."

Our spoken English usually isn't as good as our written English. Watch this as you casually talk and you will catch yourself, after making a statement, following up that statement with a qualifying expression for the sake of assuring clarity to something that may misunderstood.

One may well say: "I was in Vietnam. I served on the USS Forrestal." The second sentence qualifies the first - it tells in what relationship I was in Vietnam.

It would be ludicrous for me to pull that sentence out of the context of its qualifiers and say: "He said he was IN Vietnam - but, we discovered that he served on a carrier, you can't maneuver a carrier on land - he lied to us!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: