SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anniem
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Sick of Democratic whining! Reply with quote

I am the daughter of a Vietnam vet. A few weeks ago when I heard that the Swift Boat vets were coming out with a book, I was not really that interested and I was skeptical. Once I started paying attention, I realized why this story is resonating with so many people. My father flew a few hundred missions during Vietnam and never really talks about it (and certainly does not brag about it!) He has always viewed Kerry with disgust because here is a man who goes over to Vietnam very briefly, gets several medals though many vets with more serious injuries didn't get anything, and then comes back and trashes his fellow soldiers. The wounds of Vietnam are still raw. Kerry only wants people to have HIS opinion about his service. This is what is propelling this story --- the attempt to shut up anyone who disagrees with him. Just a few weeks ago, he was chiding Pres Bush for spending 7 minutes reading to school children after the first jet flew into the World Trade Center. He had taken the cue for this from the Michael Moore film. Does this mean they are coordinating?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: