SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Kerry Viet Nam lie!!!!!!! USE IT!!!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brody
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Another Kerry Viet Nam lie!!!!!!! USE IT!!!!! Reply with quote

Celebration Speech
John Kerry, speaking at a Martin Luther King (search) Day celebration in Virginia last year, said, "I remember well April 1968, I was serving in Vietnam (search), a place of violence, when the news reports brought home to me and my crewmates the violence back home, and the tragic news that one of the bullets flying that terrible spring took the life of [Dr. King]."

That date was April 4th, 1968, but according to Kerry's own Website, it was not until November 17, 1968, that he reported for duty in Vietnam.

link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,130231,00.html
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He claims his time on the USS Gridley as a tour in Vietnam.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5710
Brody
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

llano wrote:
He claims his time on the USS Gridley as a tour in Vietnam.

There were bullets flying around him on the USS Gridley?
Brody
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, sorry, Moderators, please feel free to kill my duplicate thead. Embarassed

Last edited by Brody on Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Another...Lie Reply with quote

Does anyone know precisely when Kerry and the Gridley were in the Vietnam theatre? Seems to me it was early 1968. He probably lied anyway.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbreviated kerry quote:

"I remember well April, 1968 - I was serving in Vietnam -- a place of violence -- when the news reports brought home to me and my crewmates the violence back home - and the tragic news that one of the bullets flying that terrible spring took the life of that unabashedly maladjusted citizen.

I've often thought - what if he'd lived? But that's a question we can't answer - except to the extent to which we can commit ourselves to make things as he would have wanted and as we thought they might have been. That is the challenge - today more than ever.

We should challenge ourselves to ask the question not what would Dr. King have done had he lived, but what would he want us to do the time we have left. I think if Martin Luther King was here today in Richmond he would want more of us feel the kind of maladjustment he felt - and to use the rights and responsibilities of citizenship he helped secure to build a stronger America.

I think we need a new kind of citizenship - Dr. King's citizenship -- an impatient citizenship."

=====================================

I think we need a new kind of citizenship - John O'Neill's type of citizenship -- an impatient citizenship yearning for an accounting of past injustices done to honorable men by a carpet bagger named kerry.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please copy and paste your comments to this duplicate thread:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5323

so that I can close this one.

Duplicate threads take up space and bump other topics off of the front page - that's why we try to hard to keep the duplicates eliminated.
The front page of this particular forum needs to have as many different topical, news-based threads going on as wide a variety of events as possible.

Thank you! Wink

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on the unofficial USS Gridley page, I'll bet.

Brody, no prob - as you can see, duplicate topics are just "one of those things" around here. Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: