SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry 1971 Speech on CSPAN 8/26???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hans Burkhardt
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 4th, 1968; could that have been his "first tour of duty" on the Gridley? Sorry, don't have the timeline in front of me.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Dem BS spin about Kerry "just repeating the hearsay of others" in his April, 1971 testimony before the Senate is truly precious. Kerry was the national spokesman for the Vietnam Veterans Against the War, second in command only to Al Hubbard (the guy who turned out not to be a Viet Nam Vet, by the way, who lied about his rank and service record -- see pp. 124-126 of UFC -- something Kerry apparently was very comfortable with). As national spokesman, Kerry was not mindlessly reporting what 150 other "vets" in Detroit had "alleged" (all the "Jen-jis" Khan stuff he summarized so dramatically in his pseudo-Jack Kennedy accent) -- he was testifying under oath that these people were telling the truth, and he was endorsing what they said, giving it his "war hero" stamp of approval. Kerry didn't make headlines with his testimony by appearing as a mere messenger. He wasn't there at the hearings as some kind of reporter for CBS or ABC. He was there to make sensational "news."

Fortunately we have Kerry's admission elsewhere that same year where he flat out calls himself a war criminal, cited in this thread. On this, also, see Ann Coulter's latest column, it is a zinger: http://www.anncoulter.org/: "Admitted War Criminal Cries Foul" -- ain't it the truth?

One aspect of an issue where I might agree with Kerry, i.e. trying to blow some life back into that corpse called the U.N.: let's get "multilateral" here and have the World Court in the Hague try Kerry for his admitted war crimes. There is no statute of limitations on war crimes. Hey, I'm a lawyer. If SBVT wants me to draft the complaint and file it with the World Court, I'd be glad to do it, free of charge.

Larry
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hans,

According to UFC, "January 2, 1968 - June 8, 1968. Gridley sails to Australia and returns to Long Beach, California." Martin Luther King was killed on April 4, 1968. So Kerry was somewhere in the Pacific or in or near Australia that day, not Nam. Meanwhile, here is a quote from ABC News' web site today:

Quote:
At a town hall meeting in Anoka, Minnesota, Senator Kerry defended his Vietnam record: "All the guys who were with me on my boat absolutely document what I've said...you're now hearing about the lie. I am absolutely telling you the God's honest truth with regard to what happened over there."

"All the guys"? How about Steve Gardner, Lurch?

Well, methinks Kerry more often than not strays into "God's dishonest truth" when talking ceaselessly about his 3-months of action in-country. He lives in a world of his own imaginings and fantasies, the way so many loners and children like him who are abandoned by their parents to Swiss boarding schools while in their formative years. He's a lunatic. As further evidenced in his performance on the Jon Steward Show. When pressed by the comedian, "Were you ever in Cambodia?", all Goofy Kerry can do is do a not-funny stare-down with Steward and say nothing. He's not only not telling the truth; he's not telling anything at all.

Because he can't. His biggest lies are seared -- seared -- in the public record.

Larry
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's senate testimony coming on now. C-span
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video is archived on the CSPAN web site too.

Note: The MSM is purposely confusing the Senate testimony and their mythic defense that he is "just repeating" what he heard. As a Naval Reserve officer he is still charged with reporting war crimes and with NOT making false charges during time of war.

They are ALSO confusing this with the "I committed" war crimes and atrocities which he offered in multiple national venues.

This must be SEPARATED if anyone gives an interview or goes on a talk show.

Kerry detailed unverified attrocities under oath.

AND Kerry SEPARATELY admitted his own war crimes and his OWN atrocities repeatedly.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching this earlier, (it comes on again soon) I now understand why he thought he could just run on his 4 months there. It was his becoming a star. He was applauded, given standing Os while the Senators practically genuflected. It was the biggest moment of his life. That's why he's constantly refering to Vietnam when asked about mundane things. It defined his image of himself and how he should be treated.

He not only smeared his fellow servicemen, he smeared America. Not only was the war wrong, but criminal and all who took part were criminal AND racist. He played the race card several times. "This country" made them do it all those horrible things he outlined. One Senator just ask him if he had certain medals, then said no further questions to which cheers followed. It's no wonder he has behaved like he does now.
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the other 1:15 of the hearings? Is there access to the full self serving platform speech?
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said they had the full transcript, but not footage. Some of the missing footage was curious. It also said NBC owns it.

It's on again right now, tune in!
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthy wrote:
After watching this earlier, (it comes on again soon) I now understand why he thought he could just run on his 4 months there. It was his becoming a star. He was applauded, given standing Os while the Senators practically genuflected. It was the biggest moment of his life. That's why he's constantly refering to Vietnam when asked about mundane things. It defined his image of himself and how he should be treated.

He not only smeared his fellow servicemen, he smeared America. Not only was the war wrong, but criminal and all who took part were criminal AND racist. He played the race card several times. "This country" made them do it all those horrible things he outlined. One Senator just ask him if he had certain medals, then said no further questions to which cheers followed. It's no wonder he has behaved like he does now.

Absolutely true.

It also brings up another issue -- Kerry's current defense:

1) I only repeated what I had been told (despite doing so under oath on national TV without ever having verified even the IDENTITIES of those making the allegations -- and without reporting them to authorities)

2) I never attacked the vets -- just the system that sent them there.

Let's be clear -- and if I hurt anyone's feelings you are welcome to email me --

People commit atrocities. Everyone is responsible for his own actions.

Even watching or ignoring someone else's crime is a crime if you don't take steps to stop it.

Ever guard at Auswitch; every Japanese solder at China; ever soldier on every battle field of the modern world.

Now for officiers the duty is increased, as they are responsible for both themselves and their subordinates when present at an event.

When he said that war crimes were day to day occurences and known at all levels of command he CHARGED ever vet in Vietnam.

Kerry CHARGED MEN -- the MEN of the US military.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to listen to it again but I just can't. The open phones after are very interesting. Some of you might just want to call. Wink
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I'm not alone with concern over the rest of his self serving speech? NBC having the footage is typical of the Left Media hiding the truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: