SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Slime Offensive - By DNC Against SBVFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: The Slime Offensive - By DNC Against SBVFT Reply with quote

I won't be surprised in the least if this is accurate and we begin to see this very soon.

Further, I don't doubt for a minute that the guys in the SBVFT knew the likelihood of this coming about even before they started. Anything to detract from the focus on the facts being addressed by the SBVFT. Types like the DNC spout a lot of high-sounding ideals, however, few ever follow them beyond on their own limited and peculiar interpretations. They are vicious unprincipled people.

So before this new "battle" is launched in this "war" of the DNC staffers, I'll say again: Good for the Swift Boat Vets. Well done!

The link to the full article is below.

Washington Prowler
The Slime Offensive
By The Prowler
Published 8/26/2004 12:09:14 AM

“ ‘We have the documents,’ says the campaign source. ‘It's not clear that the campaign did this or that it was done by an outside group and given to us. Either way, we have the stuff and we're going to use it.’

In some cases, the material is said to include psychological evaluations from the post-Vietnam era, employment records, and criminal and civil court records (including divorce and child support data).

According to a Democratic National Committee staffer, who has not seen the material, the Kerry campaign has every right to use that information against the Swift boaters. ‘These guys say they know war and they know battle, well this is war. They can't expect the Kerry people to just sit back on their heels. There will be pushback and it will be ugly.’

. . . Meanwhile, the Kerry campaign continued to look for documentary material that would aid their candidate in some way, but were striking out. ‘A lot of were pushing for a full release of Kerry's diaries from the period. But we're hearing that those diaries aren't helpful at all, and may actually make matters worse,’ says a Democratic political strategist not aligned with Kerry. [emphasis mine]

. . . ‘The only way they are going to get out of this is through a war of attrition and with the help of the media,’ says the Democratic strategist. ‘You watch CNN and Chris Matthews and read the New York Times and you can just tell from the faces of the anchors and the words on the page that they are disgusted by this story and want to wash their hands of it. Kerry has to figure out a way to make it easy for them to do it, and that's through dirty politics of their own.’ "

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=7029
searcher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could actually turn out to be a good thing, if it happens.

How many people are going to want a guy, who will stoop so low for his own interests, as President?
wings042
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Slimed by the same crowd in 1996. Reply with quote

I was a USAF pilot and had two TDY tours flying KC-135's from Thailand. I joined the Pa National Guard in Pittsburgh, at the same time GWB was a guardsman. So I have a little personal experience with exactly how things were at the time.

In 1996, I was an FBI agent serving at the White House. My work product caused consternation to that Presidential campaign. I became the target of a slime campaign, lead by nearly the same cast of characters that is leading the current slime against the SB vets. Rather than try to get to the truth, my friendships and personal political views became the issues discussed on national media. The national media ignored the fact that the government could not prove any misconduct once my case went into the courts. The only misconduct was on the part of the government.

My purpose is to call attention to the fact that Kerry and the Democrats, in their quest for the Presidency, are willing to slime Guard Service, and it appears to me, any military service that was not in SEA. What is so wrong about this policy is a basic ignorance about how many Guard pilots flew (as a unit) in SEA. The first pilot in my class 67-B, Moody AFB, to serve in Viet-Nam flew f-100's from the New Mexico Guard. It is no secret that Guard and Reserve units are in combat today.

Bush did not join some unit, that was unlikely to see combat. Such as Al Gore's unit. Anyone volunteering to become a pilot in 1968, stood a good chance of seeing service as a pilot in SEA. However, by 1971, the situation had changed completly. My unit flew C-121's which were being phased out. We were told that we would eventually get KC-135's. In the meantime, most pilots would have to fight to stay current with the little flight time alloted. A lot of enlisted me, who did have jobs that were not obsolete, and had to work, were upset at the pilots who did little for their service. I think that may have been the cause of the attacks against Bush. However these attacks were misplaced. Commanders tried to keep pilots for aircraft that were promised in the distant future. They welcomed pilots who requested time off for their civilian jobs. Many political types, both elected and staff, Dems and Reps took time off for campaigns. So Bush's request for transfer and time off, were not exceptional. To state otherwise, is a slime tactic. Finally, legally speaking, I do not think a person can be charged with being Away without Leave in the Guard. You can not accrue leave time, and can not request leave. You can be charged with desertion, if you leave without an honorable discharge. Bush was honorably discharged. The fact that he may have left before his original committment is a moot point, considering that early out programs were the order of the day. My own brother had a four year commitment because the Air Force had given him a scholarship. The needs of the service allowed him to exit before his original commitment.

Many served their entire careers during the SEA conflict without going overseas. Men who served in silos in Wyoming, and men who served in Subs in the North Atlantic were all part of the team. The military, with few execepts, decides where you go, and what you do. Dennis Sculimbrene
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the infamous "Brown Books."

The Kerry campaign just insists on sliming itself. Confused
USMC-Pride
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Steve Gardner on Rush Limbaugh(roger Hitchcock filling in for rush) on thursday. And he said if they come digging around for stuff on me "I'm going hunting". So I think the swiftees are very well prepared for this slime attack on all of them. They knew coming in who they were up against....James carville,Lanny Davis,Donna Brazille,John Podesta,Terry Mcauliffe,etc. The whole "It was just sex and nobody's business" crew from 8 years of clinton scandals. And we all know that Bill And Hill are very very busy behind the scenes so they can protect hill's run in 2008.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: