SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Citations official records?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Post Subject Reply with quote

Dear Fellow Vets,

I would like to know, where in the regulations does it say that a Citation for an Award is an Official Record. I thought that the Mission Report was the Official Record. I worked in an Awards and Decorations Section as additional duty to my Aircrew Duties and everything we used came off of a Mission Report. Just curious as I keep hearing this spouted from the big mouth people, who think they are experts on the military traditions that I have heard in the news lately.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Citation is an official record - what the talking heads are missing is that Citations don't magically materialize from thin air.

They come from worksheets, action reports, etc, just like you say.

The media is ignoring that - they don't want to know - because they are actively, transparently, virulently defending Kerry and advocating Kerry for President.
DavidH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Post Subject Reply with quote

Thank you for straightening me out on this. I did go back and look on my Distinguished Flying Cross awards but the Citations does not say it is an Official Document or Official Record. There is a seal that says Official and which Headquarters and Command but to me that just tells me that the Citation is Official and not a fake.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my last post. Was not thinking I guess. Thanks for the reply.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're cool, DavidH. No need to apologize for what isn't here, any more. Wink

I'm glad you joined us and I thank you for joining in the conversation about how wrong the talking heads have gotten this thing.

It's like watching the war coverage - we saw it with Desert Storm, then Afghanistan, then Iraq - endless hours of people who don't understand anything about the military talking to people who could only speculate. It's just mind-boggling.

In this case, it seems to be deliberate obtuseness with some of the media - they've made it very clear that they want Kerry to win. Sad
DavidH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Post Subject Reply with quote

Echo Juliet

It is I who should be thanking everyone else. To me Senator Kerry belongs to the Jane Fonda group and should be made to own up to their opinions. I agree everyone has the right to say what they want. Then you should me man or woman enough to pay for your actions and opinions. We got this problem because no one took these people on when Vietnam was over. Those who were in the POW Camps should have done something, but then that is just my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: