SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teresa comments on SwiftVets Ads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mass55th wrote:
I've heard nothing but good things about John Heinz, and that he was very highly thought of. I just couldn't believe his widow was so thick that she couldn't understand, when her present hubby knocked the Reserves and National Guard, that indirectly, he was including Heinz in that group as well.

The Heinz curse, he had to marry a woman with 57 personalities.
MotherGoose
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, it really ticked me off when I read that article. My son is in the 2-5 Cav. stationed in Sadr City. He just went back from a two week leave a few weeks ago. After he left, all our family received this letter from him....and I wanted to share it with you.

Hello Everyone,

Margie and I thought that this would be a good idea. So here goes...

The war on terror is going good in Iraq. Let no one tell you otherwise. Soldiers on the ground know that this war was and is justified. If you want to know the truth as each soldier does, you'll just have to set foot on the ground down here. If you don't ask the average soldier a specific question about why they think we are helping the Iraqi people, well, ninety percent of all soldiers may tell you that we don't belong here. Why? Well, you let a soldier believe that he could leave Iraq and be with his family, or drink a beer and he will tell you that it sucks over here and we aren't doing a damn thing.

We are doing miracles! Because of the American sacrifices, the Iraqis will be able to live a normal life. In the long run, the future people of Iraq will look back at the world and appreciate that we gave up our freedoms to give them theirs. Hopefully, once we plant the seed, it will grow.

It's too bad that our media in the U.S. doesn't try to report the truth about what's going on. Soldiers are getting killed everyday. It's very likely that the liberal media giants are directly influencing hard-line listeners who are taking up arms and going on killing sprees. Now that Iraq has the freedom to watch sattelite TV, why can't we try to get the right news across so they know the Standard?

The weather in Iraq in unusually hot. It's somewhere in the 120s this time of yhear. If you want to know what that feels like, just go out to your car when it's been sitting in 90-100 degree heat, windows up, get in a close the door. Sit there and sweat it out!!

I know it's dangerous in Iraq. More dangerous than many other places. Please remember that we are soldiers. We signed up for this and we knew the consequences. I know it is hard not to worry. Try to remember that it is for a good cause. Even though the Iraqi people may not understand and Americans are misinformed, know that the truth still stands, and the hearts of every Iraqi child will know it. Time will tell. The truth will eventually come out.

My days are usually busy. I repair communications stuff in the Bradley fighting vehicles, turn in broken radio equipment, repair light level deficiencies, perform computer network administrator tasks, toubleshoot, diagnose, order parts, receive parts and install parts on every communication system my unit uses.

We have three hot meals per day and they are pretty good. The camp is small and you can usually walk from one side to the other in about five minutes (long ways).

We have little vegetation on the camp, despite the fact that it was once a Water Plant. Saddam Hussein had an underground prison on or camp. No one knows if it was ever used.

There are many other things that I do that I cannot explain in this letter. But know this, whatever I do, I will be extra careful. I will not jeopardize my life unless to save another. And I better like that person a helluva lot!! (just joking)

I hope I have been able to finally answer some of your questions. I'm sorry it took so long for this letter to get to you. All of you mean so much to me. I appreciate all you have done to help both Margie and me. We both had a great two weeks together and it will be great memories while I'm away.

All my love.

P.S.
Do the soldiers a favor! Vote [edited: Sorry, but we can not advocate voting for any political candidates.]
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman really is a brick shy of a load.
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for sharing your letter, it is awesome. Our prayers are with you.
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="zinfella"] The Heinz curse, he had to marry a woman with 57 personalities.[/quote]

May he finally rest in peace...
notjfk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW - I cant believe she had the guts to say that!

What the Swiftys are doing is bad for the troops - but what John Kerry said during Vietnam wasnt???? Wow.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bach04 wrote:
zinfella wrote:

May he finally rest in peace...

Amen to that!
mass55th
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mothergoose: Please thank your son for his service to our country. And thank you for sharing his letter with us. May God bless him, and all the men and women who serve in uniform to keep us safe and free.
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could Teresa know what this ad is doing? There was a "blurb" in the Washington Post on Thursday quoting her as saying that she had NOT SEEN any of the Swift ads!
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
mass55th wrote:
I've heard nothing but good things about John Heinz, and that he was very highly thought of. I just couldn't believe his widow was so thick that she couldn't understand, when her present hubby knocked the Reserves and National Guard, that indirectly, he was including Heinz in that group as well.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

I almost spit coffee on my keyboard because of that! Very Happy If I short my computer out, I'm filing a complaint with the FEC! Wink
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every day the MSM focuses on negitivity, its always been that way. They have no regard for the families involved, and show a lack of respect to the uniform. I don't know how my family and all the other familys put up with it, we as the military according to the media never do anything right. They try to silence the truth we speak, political gain is more important than human sacrifice. I know that this is the most important presidential vote easily of my lifetime, maybe ever. I would never go into a situation knowing my CIC is a flat liar...If you wanna see a draft vote Kerry.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the biggest morale buster to our men and woman in Afghanistan and Iraq is the thought that kerry might be their CINC in barely over four months. That's the big fear the military has. I hope the military personnel vote as early as they can. States like Florida are full of democrats who are trying desperately to eliminate the military abroad vote. EVERYONE here needs to make sure and tell all their active military friends that! VOTE EARLY! The kerryites are trying hard to eliminate their votes.
mass55th
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If you wanna see a draft vote Kerry."

This should be shouted from the mountains!! A great slogan for signs when attending a Kerry protest. I'm going to pass it along.
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it was a slogan, its very much a reality. He has influenced our military negitively for 30+ years, he has denied us in every step of his agenda. John kerry is not for us, nor has he ever been. His wife has even disgraced her former husband, who's hard work has provided Kerry a major amount of money, once again Kerry never cares who he leaves in his wake.
mass55th
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is one of those self-centered individuals who has never grown up. It's all about him. He proved that, when he manipulated his service record to come home early, and left his crew mates behind. Then he trashed them and each and every man who served in Vietnam...dead and alive. He undermined the war effort, connived with the commies, sold his fellow soldier out for power and money, and hasn't changed one bit in all these years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: