SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'neil going to be on Bill Maher show?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quzar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: John O'neil going to be on Bill Maher show? Reply with quote

Is this true , ive been hearing rumors
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it's true or not but IMHO it would be a total waste of time.
Quzar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Maher show is a joke, he ambushes conservatives so the conservative looks like a fool and doesnt know what he is talking about. He always has 2 liberals + himself making 3 liberals vs 1 conservative.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neil can handle Mahrer if some just give John a heads up to Mahrer's tactics.

John can handle anyone.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvaughan wrote:
John O'Neil can handle Mahrer if some just give John a heads up to Mahrer's tactics.

John can handle anyone.

He can handle them only if he is allowed to speak. Don't think Mayer and cronies will do that. Remember Sissy Chrissy's show with Oneil? Same thing.

Zell Miller
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more shameless is the treatment O'Neill got on "Crossfire," with Caveman Carville and Loony Lanny Davis literally shouting him down so he couldn't get a sentence out. Typical leftie bullying -- trying to silence rather than debate an opponent. Same tactics being used by Kerry Camp now in their desperate attempts to silence the Swiftie ads. Just ain't gonna happen! Ummm, Sen. Lurch, can you say "First Amendment"?

But if I were O'Neill, I'd accept an invitation from Bill Maher if it were extended. Let the Left show its colors. Remember the memorial service fiasco for Senator Wellstone of Minnesota? People were so disgusted after that partisan pep rally that Wellstone's senate seat went to a Republican, Norm Coleman. Poetic justice. I predict the same kind of thing will happen during the Republican Convention: enough truly disgusting and violent protestors will be seen as Kerry supporters (most of them probably are), with resulting backlash in Bush's favor. I think it's happening already following the silly stunt by Max Cleland and a bewildered-looking, dragged-along Rassman, who really does need to get a life. If he keeps hanging around all the Kerry campaign appearances the way he has, he can soon get himself a book deal entitled, "My Life and Times With John".

Larry
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Maher get hired? I thought he got blacklisted when he started making jokes about 9/11 just days after it happened.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maher got dumped from ABC when the sponsors for his show "Politically Incorrect" pulled their ads out of protest over his outrageous remarks that the 9/11 hijackers "showed real courage" in being able to fly their planes into the World Trade Center, whereas American politicians were cowardly for lobbing cruise missiles at terrorists. He apparently has found new sponsors who don't care about remarks like that, or HBO is picking up the tab and he has no sponsors. I don't know, I have watched only portions of the show. It's hard to take a guy who laughs at his own jokes and packs the audience with a leftist peanut gallery he can count upon to cheer whenever he spouts the predictable liberal party line. In fairness, though, I have also seen him send some real zingers against liberals, too. Not enough for my taste, though.

Larry
kaji
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be smart , stay off the show. It doesn't matter how honest you are, the panel and audience are set against you, and he will laugh and shout over you. Worse than Matthews.
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quzar wrote:
Bill Maher show is a joke, he ambushes conservatives so the conservative looks like a fool and doesnt know what he is talking about. He always has 2 liberals + himself making 3 liberals vs 1 conservative.

True. Unfortunately, Maher likes to think of himself as libertarian, and has even said so in the past.

He wouldn't know real libertarianism if it walked up and slapped him in the face. (Which someone should do, incidentally.)
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: ...Maher... Reply with quote

I think he creeps out most folks in both political camps. Can't put my finger on it (and won't) but maybe it's the nose. He's pretty much known as one who makes a living via political shock. If he or his friends ambush, drown out or otherwise try to humiliate Mr. O'Neill, they'll be seen for what they are.
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: ...Maher... Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
I think he creeps out most folks in both political camps. Can't put my finger on it (and won't) but maybe it's the nose. He's pretty much known as one who makes a living via political shock. If he or his friends ambush, drown out or otherwise try to humiliate Mr. O'Neill, they'll be seen for what they are.

I think Maher is creepy because he wears more make up than the female Fox anchors. (Paige Hopkins is hot! Cool )
torque-pylit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: MAHRER Reply with quote

Is it my imagination, or does Mahrer and Colmes have the same shaped "alien" head? Despise Both!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: