SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1996: Kerry judged Boorda decorations 'very wrong'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: 1996: Kerry judged Boorda decorations 'very wrong' Reply with quote

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40188

1996: Kerry judged false decorations 'very wrong'

Amid questions about one of John Kerry's combat "V" decorations, unearthed remarks by the senator eight years ago reveal he judged an admiral's allegedly false awards as a serious offense that disqualified him from leadership.

After the suicide of Adm. Mike Boorda in 1996, National Review columnist Kate O'Beirne notes Kerry gave his response to two Boston papers.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading that myself. Amazing what he said then and how he dodges now;

Quote:
The Herald described Kerry as among the veterans who said although they would take offense at someone falsely wearing the "V" pin, they couldn't see how it would drive Boorda to suicide.

"Is it wrong? Yes, it is very wrong. Sufficient to question his leadership position? The answer is yes, which he clearly understood," Kerry told the Herald.

Maybe it's only wrong for others.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sickening.

Mike Boorda was a real loss to us all - he loved his sailors. He came up through the ranks from a boot E1 and he never lost his loyalty to his subordinates.

He was much loved and admired and he was literally hounded to DEATH over mistakes made in his awards.

To hear this slimeball poser commenting in this way on Mike Boorda really ticks me off, even after all these years.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

This has got to be the quote of the week. Of the month.

This one has to get out of our own circle if it hasn't already.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
This is sickening.

Mike Boorda was a real loss to us all - he loved his sailors. He came up through the ranks from a boot E1 and he never lost his loyalty to his subordinates.

He was much loved and admired and he was literally hounded to DEATH over mistakes made in his awards.

To hear this slimeball poser commenting in this way on Mike Boorda really ticks me off, even after all these years.

I agree. Kerry is vile. I wouldn't even bother to p*ss on him if he was on fire.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the Article in the Chicago Sun Times the MSm is totally ignoring the bogus 'V' for Kerry's Silver Star.

The Sun Times has also broken that John Lehman, the SecNav who's signature appears on Kerry's 3rd and last Silver Star citation, does not remember ever signing such a document, and I agree that if I had been SecNav and a sitting US Senator came to me asked me to sign a new citation for a Silver Star he got awarded back in 1969, I'd remember doing so.

Kerry and his spokespeople are going to look like stuttering morons once these two stories break nationwide.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to worry - I'm sure Meehan the Mouth will ensure that the standard Kerry Double Standard is employed.
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon he will have to answer about his own false medals and awards - and bigger than that -

He will have to give an account to his false testimony before congress!

Read: http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6129
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in a battle group with Adm. Boorda and in my role at Tactical Action Officer on a cruiser - got to observe him and interact with him quite frequently on this particular cruise (my ship was the anti-air warfare ship for the battlegroup - alpha whiskey...if you will). Like many who had met him and served with him - I was shocked when what transpired later occured. He was a good man and a fine officer and someone I would have followed into the fire. Although it was only a short time - I felt honored to serve with such a fine Naval Officer. To see John Kerry criticizing him is just very sad, but not at all unexpected given what I've learned about this modern day JFK and how he operates.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Kerry Judged Boorda Reply with quote

Kerry has always had a double standard. Just ask the people where he lives on Beacon Hill in Boston when he had a fire hydrant moved from in front of his house. Or when asked about owning SUV's and he says I don't own them my family does.

RHV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: