SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kerry's malleable 'facts'"-Washington Times-today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: "Kerry's malleable 'facts'"-Washington Times-today Reply with quote

http://insider.washingtontimes.com/blog/2004_08_24_archive.php#109337353971627806

Kerry's malleable 'facts'

In presidential campaigns, even facts are malleable.

Take, for instance, the swift boat story swirling around John Kerry. The saga comes complete with hundreds of facts -- official medal citations, eyewitness accounts, contemporaneous journals. But none of these have led to "the truth." In fact, each has only muddied the murky Mekong Delta water and what happened there some 30 years ago.

Major newspapers have unsuccessfully attempted to separate the chaff from the wheat. The Washington Post, for example, headlined its expansive Sunday story: "Swift Boat Accounts Incomplete." Not too helpful for those trying to sort through the mess.

The liberal media have fanned out to disprove Kerry's irate comrades and have targeted the financiers of the group (although the media gave other 527s a pass, including MoveOn.org, The Media Fund and ACT, which have spent $63 million to accuse the president of the United States of lying, condoning torture and poisoning pregnant women).

As they rail at President Bush over a nonexistent connection between his campaign and Swift Boat Veterans for Tru

th, the media ignore the Democratic National Committee's explicit connection with MoveOn.org (the DNC said on its website on May 9, 2003, that "The Democratic Party is partnering with MoveOn.org" and other groups).

But while the facts are elusive, one thing is sure: The legs on the swift boat story keep growing. And some facts are emerging. Kerry's camp now says the candidate was not in Cambodia on Christmas 1968 as he has repeatedly claimed (apparently the memory was incorrectly "seared" into Kerry's brain). His own journal includes a lament about coming close to the Cambodian border on his final mission, saying it is "always making one wonder what lay on the other side." Guess he never saw the other side -- or he forgot to write it down when he finally did.

Now Kerry's campaign says it is possible the candidate's first Purple Heart was "awarded for unintentional self-inflicted wound," as Matt Drudge reports.

Just as Vice President Al Gore was undone by his exaggerations (he claimed to have invented the Internet and that his dog's arthritis medicine cost more than his mother in law's prescription, both of which proved to be false), Mr. Kerry's credibility is on the line. While Mr. Kerry wants to hammer Mr. Bush over the controversial war in Iraq, this election could well be decided by controversy over service in the Vietnam War. And that's a fact.

-- Joseph Curl, White House correspondent

Last edited by DenisC on Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little by little, the truth is making it's way to the front, in spite of the MSM censorship.
taz
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I believe that was the purpose of "phase 1", to muddy the waters. we all know that half the country will still defend Kerry, even if he is not quite the hero he said he is. but now they will be a little more receptive to "phase 2".
think of it as tenderizing a steak. he's been tenderized and is ready for the grill.
the anti-war stuff is just beginning to be discussed. of course Kerry supporters are going to say he had a right to protest the war, blah blah blah. what he did to the vets was an unfortunate consequence, but he was only voicing his convictions.
in my opinion (not worth that much, i know) I think the killer stuff is going to be what he did after that, meeting in Paris, pushing the enemy's peace plan, etc. and it is all documented. how can he deny it?
when all of this is compared to things he's already said about Iraq, pulling out troops, "more sensitive war", --- I think the steak will be well done.
Lendorien
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is, when Wisconsin, which hasn't voted for a Republican since 1984, starts tipping towards Bush, there's a real sign that there ARe people out there paying attention to what's going on, MSM or no.

Lend
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Please define "MSM". I keep seeing it but don't know what it stands for, thanks! Smile

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainstream Media meaning the Alphabet Networtks, NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Boston Globe, etc.

Around here we call in the mainsewer media.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy THANKS ASPB! I TRIED AND TRIED TO FIGURE IT OUT. THANKS TO YOU I'M IN THE "KNOW".

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: