SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning to Swift Vets: The hunters are coming!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Warning to Swift Vets: The hunters are coming! Reply with quote

Woodward and Bernstein are not just bad people. They are evil to the core. Their animal equivalent would be a combination of the viper, the jackal and the rat. They are the worst examples of humankind and they are back. The sleazy tactics used by them and their liberal cohorts in the early 1970`s to end a Presidency and cripple a nation was far more egregious than anything they accused others of committing. They did not discriminate, both the guilty and the innocent became targets of opportunity for them. For Woodward, even the dead or near dead became expert witnesses for his fanciful mind. Just ask Bill Casey`s family.

John Kerry is of the same mold. Accuse others of the most heinous of crimes and then use it to advance your own career. It worked for Woodstein and so far it has worked for Kerry. The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth did their duty, put in their full time, performed their jobs quietly and went home.They now believe Kerry is unfit to be Commander in Chief and want the American people to know the truth. They will operate within the bounds of decency and fairness to achieve their goals. But those who are out to demean and discredit them will employ the tactics of old west justice and 1692 Salem Town. Their army is a formidable force of jackals and scavengers. You can be sure the aforementioned devious duo will be up to their old tricks. So a warning to Roy Hoffman, John O`Neill and the Swiftees the hunters are coming, and you are in their cross hairs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They will operate within the bounds of decency and fairness to achieve their goals. But those who are out to demean and discredit them will employ the tactics of old west justice and 1692 Salem Town. Their army is a formidable force of jackals and scavengers. You can be sure the aforementioned devious duo will be up to their old tricks. So a warning to Roy Hoffman, John O`Neill and the Swiftees the hunters are coming, and you are in their cross hairs.

Hopefully, that's a figurative crosshair. As for decency and fairness, it's here for all to see how Kerry critics behave in terms of smears, innuendo, and lies.

And that comparison to jackals, scavengers, and rats reminds me of The Eternal Jew, another comparison of humans to rats.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
And that comparison to jackals, scavengers, and rats reminds me of The Eternal Jew, another comparison of humans to rats.

I agree with that specific statement. Woodward and Bernstein, at least in the Watergate days, didn't falsely accuse people of breaking the law; they exposed the most embarassing US Govt abuses in memory at that time. I don't recall what they wrote about the Clintons, if anything, unfortunately.

If Woodward and Bernstein are true investigative journalists, they'll write exactly what they find out. If they're simply character assassins that target Republicans, then they'll probably indict some, but not all, of the participants in this site.

I'll wait for the article(s).
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
As for decency and fairness, it's here for all to see how Kerry critics behave in terms of smears, innuendo, and lies.

Yep...they have people like Bobby Hanafin who openly admit to infiltrating websites like SwiftVets ( http://blog.johnkerry.com/blog/archives/001772.html ) -- paid for by the Kerry campaign.

Last edited by fortdixlover on Sat May 29, 2004 1:43 am; edited 7 times in total
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I read somewhere that someone named Kerry was caught in the office of John Kerry's political opponent? Got the impression he wasn't supposed to be there, though. Don't remember the year. Might have been 96.

I'll have to see if I can find that info again.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
Did I read somewhere that someone named Kerry was caught in the office of John Kerry's political opponent? Got the impression he wasn't supposed to be there, though. Don't remember the year. Might have been 96.

I'll have to see if I can find that info again.

Shades of Watergate!

John Kerry's brother Cameron Kerry was arrested in 1972 for breaking and entering. He was caught inside the office of one of Kerry's opponents. Embarassed

Very Happy
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
sparky wrote:
As for decency and fairness, it's here for all to see how Kerry critics behave in terms of smears, innuendo, and lies.

Yep...they have people like Bobby Hanafin who openly admit to infiltrating websites like SwiftVets ( http://blog.johnkerry.com/blog/archives/001772.html ) -- paid for by the Kerry campaign.

For one of the war criminal supporters, there's nothing wrong with this kind of thing... when THEY do it.

Hanafin is the kind of "people" drawn to Kerry... reminiscent of many who post... no lie is too much for them to get their ******* elected.

Last edited by 95 bxl on Sat May 29, 2004 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
sparky wrote:

This?

"After Iowa, Hanafin decided that he didn't have it in him to make many more campaign trips, so these days he volunteers for Kerry from the comfort of his home. There, using a D.S.L. line the campaign pays for, he moderates the veterans' section of Kerry's Internet forum and ''infiltrates'' other veterans' sites to post pro-Kerry messages. ''You could say I'm John Kerry's secret weapon,'' Hanafin said."

That doesn't sound any more devious to me than a lot of folks who favor or disfavor either party posting to other parties forums.
One can even wonder if "infiltrates" is even quote or just some writers giving emphasis to a word of his own.
But one does not need to especially "infiltrate" a forum that has offered open invitation to post views and opposing views

Might as well post the whole article to get things in context.

Here's what the Times had to say about Bobby and all the work he has been doing to get John Kerry elected, online and off:

One of the most ardent veterans for Kerry is Bobby Hanafin, whom I visited not long ago at his home in the shadow of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio. A military man through and through, Hanafin enlisted in the Army when he was just 17 and later spent 17 years as a military intelligence officer in the Air Force, finishing his career with a stint in the Pentagon.

Since 1980, Hanafin had been voting for Republican presidential candidates, but a few days before the Iowa caucuses he traveled to that state to man phone banks the Kerry campaign had set up for its war veteran supporters to call Iowa vets. (''A supporter calling a supporter is like a telemarketing call, but a vet calling a vet is like a friend-to-friend call,'' Hurley says.) It was only a six-hour drive from Dayton to Davenport, where the campaign had arranged for Hanafin to stay with a college professor, but for Hanafin the journey was epic. He suffers from a disability -- ''I'd rather not go into the details,'' he said, ''but suffice it to say it's service-related'' -- that requires him to take 10 medications a day, some of which prevent him from driving. To get to Iowa, he had to have his wife accompany him -- and even then it was a struggle. But for Hanafin, Kerry's surprise victory made the trip well worth the effort. ''When we pulled out of the driveway to go to Iowa, I had a premonition that a miracle was going to happen,'' Hanafin said. ''And I saw one.''

After Iowa, Hanafin decided that he didn't have it in him to make many more campaign trips, so these days he volunteers for Kerry from the comfort of his home. There, using a D.S.L. line the campaign pays for, he moderates the veterans' section of Kerry's Internet forum and ''infiltrates'' other veterans' sites to post pro-Kerry messages. ''You could say I'm John Kerry's secret weapon,'' Hanafin said.

A large man with a jowly face and an eager demeanor, Hanafin proudly showed me his copy of Douglas Brinkley's book about Kerry's Vietnam experience, ''Tour of Duty,'' which Brinkley, Kerry and one of Kerry's crewmates had signed for him in Iowa. But as Hanafin explained his passion for Kerry, he didn't dwell on Vietnam or Kerry's service there. Instead, he talked mostly about Kerry's positions on veterans' issues and how he believed the Massachusetts senator would treat vets better than the Bush administration has. Most important to Hanafin was the issue of concurrent receipt, or what he called the ''disabled-veterans tax'' -- a provision that prohibits disabled vets like Hanafin from collecting a full military pension on top of their V.A. disability benefits. Kerry has pledged to grant disabled veterans ''full concurrent receipt'' -- in other words, he would allow them to collect full disability and full retirement -- which for Hanafin would mean an additional $1,500 a month. ''Veterans just want the things the government promised them when they went into the military,'' he said.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bunch of whiners. Someone who is pro-Kerry keeps the freepers from going further off the deep end. They should be grateful for a smidgeon of sanity.

I like this quote. In an era when cutbacks to veterans pay for tax cuts for the leisure class, this is very poignant:

A large man with a jowly face and an eager demeanor, Hanafin proudly showed me his copy of Douglas Brinkley's book about Kerry's Vietnam experience, ''Tour of Duty,'' which Brinkley, Kerry and one of Kerry's crewmates had signed for him in Iowa. But as Hanafin explained his passion for Kerry, he didn't dwell on Vietnam or Kerry's service there. Instead, he talked mostly about Kerry's positions on veterans' issues and how he believed the Massachusetts senator would treat vets better than the Bush administration has. Most important to Hanafin was the issue of concurrent receipt, or what he called the ''disabled-veterans tax'' -- a provision that prohibits disabled vets like Hanafin from collecting a full military pension on top of their V.A. disability benefits. Kerry has pledged to grant disabled veterans ''full concurrent receipt'' -- in other words, he would allow them to collect full disability and full retirement -- which for Hanafin would mean an additional $1,500 a month. ''Veterans just want the things the government promised them when they went into the military,'' he said.
Craig

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
What a bunch of whiners. Someone who is pro-Kerry keeps the freepers from going further off the deep end. They should be grateful for a smidgeon of sanity.

I like this quote. In an era when cutbacks to veterans pay for tax cuts for the leisure class, this is very poignant:

I can sure relate to that even though my own thing seems terribly petty by comparison to some. but then again my country violates a contract with me seem big and that of some others seems humongous.

Kennedy spouted off a cool sounding saying "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country" cool. I did that. But then my country violated a contract we made.
Hell, it is not even too late for my country to make it up to me. Just give me back what was agreed upon and back pay with interest and we are good again. since I have no state secrets to sell I would suppose that my country is sitting pretty with not a care about my feeling violated.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just give me back what was agreed upon and back pay with interest and we are good again.

Care to explain just what you haven't been given back?
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To carpro: It was an interesting piece of information on Cameron Kerry. I wonder how much jail time he served. In June of 1972, G. Gordan Liddy engaged in a 2-bit political indiscretion. He stole no money, no valuables and was not a part of any coverup. A 30 day suspended sentence and a $100.00 fine would have been the appropriate sentence. Instead he received a 20 yr. sentence and a 40 thousand dollar fine of which he eventually spent 52 months in 9 different jails. The G-Man is now a national folk hero to many and if you don`t think this " sticks in the craw " of Woodstein and their apologists you fail to understand the depth and nature of their hatred.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: