SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Heartfelt Thank You!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theflickster
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: A Heartfelt Thank You! Reply with quote

Simple words cannot express the heartfelt thanks I have for those of you who have not only served their country, and served it with valor, but have in their search for truth have stepped forward to relive an experience that many choose to forget. Thank you for putting your lives and credibility open to public speculation to share with the American public your experiences with another who seeks to hold the highest position of authority for the United States Armed Forces. There are many that are voting now where Vietnam is nothing more than an entry in our history books. We don't understand the strong emotions and hurt of that time. Not a one of us, can understand what it has taken for you to step forward.

Vietnam has always had a "do not touch me" sign written on it. I believe Kerry used the Vietnam card with exactly that expectation. After all who will remember 30 years ago? Thank you SBVT for showing the country and the world that there are many who do remember. Sharing with us, the American public, your experiences, allowing us to see your experiences of one, so that we may make a decision based not on media hype but on personal experience, not for your own benefit but to protect those who serve our country today and tomorrow.

There are many wounds for the Veterans based on the horrific treatment our Vets received not while in conflict, but once they returned home by those who they swore to protect. America owes the Vietnam Vets at the very least an apology, and I can hope that this generation of Americans will at least offer you the respect to hear of your experiences.

I hope you will not let those who wish to silence you succeed! Know there are many that support the work you are doing now, just as we respect the sacrifices you made for us then.

Respectfully

Lisa Flick
Broomfield, CO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: