SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Media against Swift Vets
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: The Media against Swift Vets Reply with quote

Notice the discussion? Notice how its moving? Its moving away from Kerry and over to "How did we cover the story" This is how the media ends stories....they do this by saying they covered it a lot, but in actuality they are just covering themselves and not the story.

The media has not demanded that Kerry or his campaign answer the questions....in fact the Media has not got a question into Kerry for over a Month. No interviews, not nothing. (Yes I do not consider Jon Stewart as an interview at all, it was a "go ahead and talk" session)

The issues are the focus, or should be the focus. Don't obsess on the media....the media loves to obsess on itself, but that is not the point.

The point are the facts, and the points is getting the facts out, and making Kerry release the facts to the American people before the election.

The media is trying to wind down the Swift Vets without finishing the investigation. Sure the coverage is bias, but getting the Media to change is going to take a much longer time.

Stay focused, Americans are smarter than the reporters that think their hogwash sells.

The only battle is getting the truth out....ignore the BS.

(BTW Hannity will be showing a new video this week, that could be ground breaking....he teased it on Thursday, and Dornan alluded to it on Friday)

Last edited by integritycounts on Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
gee williger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect that there are still a few blockbusters out there, as much as the media would like this story to go away.

Time will tell.
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the POWs come out with their ads, it'll be front & center again. This won't die out any day soon, even if Kerry wins.

If Kerry wins, he'll be gone by jan 06. The medal flap alone will nail him so badly he'll be as tarred and feathered by the press (once they dispose of GWB, who they seem to wish to lose) as was Nixon and Clinton.

Once the press (and B G Burkett) gets their hooks into Kerry, he's toast. The guy has too many enemies to survive 4 yrs.

O'neill wins either way. If Kerry loses, it's victory for John O. If Kerry wins and resigns in disgrace, John O has his first choice for a prez in office, and Kerryfonda gets his just desserts.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be too concerned, as it is the MSM has been very Pro Kerry and there have been signs of some of the even more liberal media raising Questions.
There is so much more that has not been discussed, especialy regarding Kerrys Testimony and his activities in VVAW.
Patience, this battle is being waged against the entire Democratic Party and itscronies in the media, but for what its worth the media are story sharks and if they smell blood around Kerry they will swarm.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leftstream media is doing their best to ignore the Swift vets and pray they just go away. We still have some speaking of it and the internet is loaded, so they will just end up looking foolish again, with their pants down around their ankles. Laughing

Don't fall for the tactics of the leftstream media. The Swift vets are better financed now and don't appear to be going away. Let them ignore it, others aren't.
ATCS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gee williger wrote:
I expect that there are still a few blockbusters out there, as much as the media would like this story to go away.

Time will tell.

Here's hoping! I have a feeling, like you, that the best (most damaging) against John F'n Zippo is yet to come.
Anyway, the main-stream media had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the Swifties story, try as they might to ignore it. It got legs, and away we go.
The 'New Media', consisting of websites like this and other internet sites, radio, cable, etc will keep the heat on Kerry. (We can hope!)
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Once the POWs come out with their ads, it'll be front & center again.

I guess this is somewhere else - I started a thread that got deleted ...

From NewsMax

Families of POWs Frightened By Kerry

NewsMax hears from inside the Swift Boat Vets groups that Kerry's campaign and its allies in the media have been so intimidating that some critics are now fearful of coming forward.

The plan was to release the first TV ad with Kerry's own band of brothers from the Swift Boats accusing him of lying about what happened in Vietnam and his own record.

The second wave was to have POWs on camera accusing Kerry of betrayal for his anti-war activities after he left Vietnam.

Those two waves hit like political atom bombs.

The third wave of attack was to have the families of the POWs go on air to reveal how Kerry's activities hurt them and their imprisoned loved ones.

Apparently, there are also claims that anti-war protesters like Jane Fonda and John Kerry actually contacted the families of POWS, encouraging them to come forward and criticize the U.S. government. Some families were told that by criticizing the U.S. government their loved ones in Hanoi would get better treatment.

But getting POW family members to speak out has become difficult. After seeing how the Swift Boat Vets and the POWs have been treated, many are fearful of going public.

One who went through the ringer for speaking out was former POW Ken Cordier, a former Air Force Colonel. When a friend recently commiserated with the media drubbing, Cordier said, "The communists tortured me for seven years, this is nothing."

Can anyone confirm - point me to other thread?
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM ignore the Swift Vets at their peril.

Look what happened the last time they were ignored.

They've shot themselves in the foot once already. Shooting themselves in the foot again while it is still in their mouth may well prove fatal.

Even if it's self-inflicted.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story ain't over till the swiftvets and their supporters say its over. We have the upper hand despite the dominance of the MSM.

As Jack Wheeler says, the swiftvets have money, brains, balls, and go for the jugular. Geez, our country is at stake here, and our freedom. Kerry is obviously a totalitarian who will stop at nothing to get what he wants and to stomp the opposition.

Kerry will meet his destiny, in the toilet of history.

Zell Miller
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The NewsMax story sounds like rampant speculation to me, and groundless. It reads like Kerry countermeasures, trying to draw an inference of some sort of collusion that simply doesn't exist.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
I would not be too concerned, as it is the MSM has been very Pro Kerry and there have been signs of some of the even more liberal media raising Questions.
There is so much more that has not been discussed, especialy regarding Kerrys Testimony and his activities in VVAW.
Patience, this battle is being waged against the entire Democratic Party and itscronies in the media, but for what its worth the media are story sharks and if they smell blood around Kerry they will swarm.

I for one admire the strategy that is being used by the SwiftVets commanders.

Everyone expects a full front assault on Kerry's post Vietnam activities, but
the longer the unexpected softening up process keeps the public's attention,
the more the that assault is feared.

Classic tactics
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not so much that the media is starting to win, as it is alot of people are growing tired of hearing the same stuff over and over again. That might just be the goal of the media to over enundate us with the coverage so that people begin to drown it out. SBVFT need to take on a new startegy, or do it in a new way, so that it brings back the interest in following it. One can only here the same thing so many times before it becomes old news and they tune it out.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7rrfs wrote:

Yes, it was deleted because it was a duplicate.

We try to keep the duplicates cleaned up because they cause other topical stories to fall off the front page. Thanks.

Chuck54 wrote:
The story ain't over till the swiftvets and their supporters say its over. We have the upper hand despite the dominance of the MSM.

You got it! Let the media wring its hands and worry over what they're covering. Swifts is going to continue to get its message out, one gut-punch after another.

And don't forget that there are hundreds of other grassroots movements against Kerry shooting up all over the place, too. From the Air Line Pilots to Police Officers to Firefighters to Teachers - all are rebelling against the various union endorsements of this "Big Labor" candidate.

Nothing is going to stop this train, now.

And the Kerry Kampf just keeps helping the Swifts.

The intimidation that extends even as far as POW/MIA wives? That's going to go over like a lead balloon!
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

I agree with Dragoro unfortunately. Being on the side of truth is all well and good, but the fact remains that most people have a limited attention span...especially if you have to fight a hostile MSM every step of the way. The problem as I see it is that the story has gotten stale. We need to either get new information that irrefutably proves the case against Kerry or we need to start a new tack...and we need to do it SOON. Already we are being dismissed as GOP operatives and already many (at least in the MSM) either have or are starting to stop listening.

Truth is Beauty
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem the SwiftVets have is the OFFICIAL documentaion that Kerry has released.

1. He does have the medals. He does have the official paperwork that accompanies same. Dispite the DD124, Combat "V" thing (which has no legs???) - all I hear is "The Official record supports Kerry." Thats what the public is hearing. Over and over. Only 25% of the voting public believes the SwiftVets!!!! I am flabbergasted.

2. See: #1.

For the life of me I dont see why the media isnt clammering for a signed SF 180. Many, if not most just parrot - "Kerry has all his military records on his web site." Now Newsweek and Time? ouch. We know its shallow water b.s. - the public doesnt. Hardly anyone is challenging Kerry on this. A few, but not enough and not loud enough.

So - the public only sees that the SwiftVets have a bone to pick - the antiwar thing - and are making things up to try to make Kerry out some sort of monster. "How dare they!"

This isnt good. A bomb is what the SwiftVets need to re-establish - beyond any doubt - that they have credibility wrt Kerry and his Vietnam service. Something that directly links Kerry to mis-deeds and something that isnt anecdotal. It must be cold hard documented fact. And it must have Kerrys 'finger prints' all over it.

There's what you know, and what you can prove. The public - more importantly the media - aint seeing no proof. At least none they are buying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: