SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry’s Dolchstoss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamyoshida
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Kerry’s Dolchstoss Reply with quote

http://www.adamyoshida.com/2004/08/kerrys-dolchstoss.html

Kerry’s Dolchstoss

Regardless of the veracity of individual charges made by the Swift Boat Veterans from Truth, there is one single and utterly verifiable fact which convincingly proves their overall case that John Kerry is unfit for command. To put it simply: John Kerry’s actions in supporting our enemies during the Vietnam War constitute a betrayal of the nation and its warriors that is simply unforgivable, either in this life or the next. As much as any other single individual, John Forbes Kerry contributed to the ultimate defeat in the Vietnam War. In this, the American Dolchstoss, John Kerry wielded a knife. Like Brutus, John Kerry may not have been the first to thrust the knife (and whatever actions he took may have come too late to decisively influence events) but he did participate: and for that he is condemned.

Yes, it is true that many different individuals, for many different reasons, contributed to the ultimate defeat in Vietnam. Lyndon Johnson and Robert McNamara, who managed to devise a war plan which dumped half a million American boys into Southeast Asia and then prevented them from taking the action necessary to secure victory, would rank high on any such list. However, it seems indisputable to me that, by the time the Paris Peace Accords were signed in January of 1973, the United States had secured a victory that it could live with: the preservation of a free South Vietnam. This victory, like that in Korea, was less than could have been hoped for and it came at much too high a cost. Yet it was still a result which achieved American war aims.

So why, then, were the free people of that region abandoned to Communist depredations? Why did the Congress cut off aid to South Vietnam? Why did President Ford not send American forces to the aid of the free Vietnamese? Why were the deaths of 58,000 Americans in a noble cause stripped of so much of their meaning? There is only one answer to this question: domestic opponents of this war had made continued American involvement in the conflict impossible. They had, through their propaganda efforts, destroyed American morale and undermined the legitimacy of the war. More simply: the brave boys who fought in Southeast Asia were betrayed, stabbed in the back, by traitors at home who sympathized with the enemy and sought to bring about its victory. John Kerry was among those traitors.

This truth may (as is so often the case) be exceedingly unpleasant for some people to hear. But it holds the incontestable advantage of being true. But for the efforts of traitors at home that war would have been won and the sacrifices of all of those Americans would have preserved a free South Vietnam. The North Vietnamese Communists themselves understood this. They knew that they could never defeat American armies upon the field of battle. Like the terrorists we face in Iraq today, whenever their forces sought to fight a straight-up battle against US forces they were slaughtered. The only way they could win was to force the United States to abandon the war. They could only do that with the cooperation of those in the United States who hated their country so much that they were willing to help ensure that it was defeated in a war. John Kerry was among those people.

“Why does all of this matter now?” some ask. “Wasn’t Vietnam a long time ago?” Yes, it was. There’s a line floating about that the attacks by the Swift Vets are relevant because Kerry made his Vietnam service an issue in the campaign. That might well be true. However, I assert that his actions during the Vietnam era deserve to be the focus of any campaign against him regardless of what issues he tries to campaign on. A man who betrays the United States as John Kerry did in the Vietnam era is not only unfit to be President, but he’s also unfit to serve in the Senate, unfit to use public bathrooms and, in general, unfit to be in the company of decent people anywhere. An individual such as Mr. Kerry shouldn’t be the candidate of any party for any office: he should be scavenging garbage in the streets or, better yet, buried in an unmarked mass grave along with other traitors justly hanged after a trial by a military commission.

Now I know that some damnable fool will respond to this with some prattle about the “right” of dissent. And, this may shock you, but I agree: you certainly have a right to disagree with any decision of the government and even to privately believe that the victory of an enemy in wartime is desirable. Every individual, under any circumstance, has a right to private “dissent.” What these devious and pernicious individuals wish to do, however, is to blur the line between private “dissent” and public sedition and treason. You have every right to believe whatever inane and moronic nonsense you wish to believe: but you have no right, absolutely no right, to take any action with the purpose of undermining the United States or assisting its enemies in war. That, ladies and gentlemen, is treason: the one crime defined by the Constitution. Those who give “aid and comfort” to the enemies of the United States are traitors, pure and simple, and traitors deserve no more mercy than that inherent in a quick death.

The Vietnam experience has lasting relevance because it legitimized treason. Individuals, people like Jane Fonda, Tom Hayden, and John Kerry were allowed to push the bounds of acceptable political discourse. I venture no prediction as to the exact fate of someone running around New York City waving a Nazi Flag during the Second World War, but I feel on safe ground in suggesting that it would be decidedly unpleasant (for them, at least). Today, on the other hand, people are free to advocate the victory of our enemies with impunity. Michael Moore calls terrorists who kill Americans the “new Minutemen” and he releases a $100 million movie. Protestors in New York City wave the flags of our enemies without repercussion. Because Fonda and Kerry got away with their treason, it has made it seemingly impossible to punish the treason of others today.

Ghosts of Vietnam haunt as still. They inhibit our actions. In fact, the traitors like John Kerry and Jane Fonda may we be indirectly responsible for starting the present war that we are engaged. Sound far-fetched? I’m not so sure. Had Vietnam been won, we never would have witnessed the feckless and weak American responses to Moslem crimes such as the seizure of the US Embassy in Iran, the bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon, and the “Blackhawk Down” fiasco in Somalia. Had these things happened at all, a US which won in Vietnam would have had the resolve to respond with force and would have showed the Islamists that messing around with the United States is a deadly game.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Adam! Great piece. Can I copy this and send to friends and family?

Thanks

Theresa
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did it again adam, great article!

Zell Miller
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your well written and certainly heartfelt posting. Wink
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam, absolutely perfect. You opened my eyes even wider. I hope you don't mind but I forwarded your url to friends asking them to read this essay. Most, Most excellent. One of the best I have read.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam, you do fine work. great piece...
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo. Well done. I'm sending this to thousands on my personal and professional e-mail distribution lists via BCC. I'm sending separate copies to Geraldo Riviera and Bill O'Reilly, as they REALLY need to understand and comprehend what you've communicated so eloquently. Keep up the great work, Adam.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullseye, Adam!

SOTG
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam,

What I read of what you wrote is great.... it's 2:35a.m. here and my
eyes are falling out of my head.... and I promise to read it all tomorrow (today).... but the jist of it has always been in my mind.... and bothers me still today.... and it also bothers me today that our younger generations have no idea what it is really like out there in the big bad world.... 9/11 and now they're back to their materialistic, selfish lives.... they don't want war.... well, neither do I .... but I remember the air raid sirens when I was little.... young people today (those under 35-40) have no clue (and I don't mean our wonderful young military men and women) .... what do they think? If we just ignore this terror problem it will go away by itself? no way! wake up world!
besides what kerry did to our military back in the 70's.... he's still bashing the National Guard today! for that alone he shouldn't even be considered for president!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo, Bravo

Excellent article.
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam

RTFO! Keep up the good work.

Stevie

Don't give up yet on those non-military young people. Did you read the thread about the MTV crowd booing the Kerry girls?

We need more ads geared to the GenXers who seem to feed off the MSM and simply vote anti-war.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~bump
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: