SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

America’s News Media – Not Reporting for Duty!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: America’s News Media – Not Reporting for Duty! Reply with quote

Please feel to edit if you like and email it to friends and to your press contacts.

Tom

America’s News Media – Not Reporting for Duty!

By Tom Mortensen
29 August 2004

The News Media in this country is in full cry to slander 2.5 million Vietnam Veterans again. Those in the News Media did it 35 years ago to advance the burgeoning career of a slanderer and they’re doing it again to advance the presidential candidacy of the same slanderer. They are leading our republic into the trash bin of history to further the political ambitions of this slanderer and have failed to “Report for Duty”.

I read and hear the whining of the News Media that they’re tired of talking about the assertions of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. If that’s the case, they’re tired of the truth and as morally bankrupt as John F. Kerry.

Not a single assertion made by Swiftvets has been disproved. Several of the assertions have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt and quietly acknowledged by the Kerry Campaign with no News Media reaction to the fraud he perpetrated on his fellow officers, the U.S. Navy, and the American people.

1. Kerry was not in command of PCF-94 in January of 1969 and his attempt to steal the valor Lt. Edward Peck failed with a quiet withdrawal of documents from the Kerry Website. The News Media has failed to “Report for Duty”.

2. The Kerry Campaign has agreed that Kerry lied in testimony before the Senate in 1986 when he claimed he was 5 miles inside Cambodia on Christmas eve 1968 and yet the News Media has failed to “Report for Duty”.

3. The “No Man Left Behind” speech at the Democratic National Convention last month has been debunked. The Kerry Campaign has quietly admitted it was Kerry that fled the scene on 13 Mar 1969 leaving Rassman behind. The News Media has failed to “Report for Duty”.

4. The Kerry Campaign has quietly admitted that Kerry received a Purple Heart for purported combat action on 02 December 1969 as a result of a minor unintentional self-inflicted wound. There was no Combat after Action Report filed. Kerry’s appeal for the award was rejected by his Commanding Officer. There is no Combat Casualty Report for the incident. The News Media has failed to “Report for Duty”.

Starting on 06 May 2004 Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has repeatedly called for the complete release of Mr. Kerry’s service records and war diaries. The News Media called upon President Bush to release his Texas National Guard Records in March. He complied. The News Media has failed “Report for Duty” and call on Senator Kerry to release his service records and war diaries.

The News Media, the so-called Fourth Estate, the conscience of our republic, is complicit in a massive cover-up the scale of which the American people has not seen since Watergate and they still fail to “Report for Duty”.

The failure of the News Media to “Report for Duty” has been a plague eating at the heart of our republic for 35 years.

A Pox on America’s News Media until it “Reports for Duty”!

Mr. Mortensen, a retired Chief Financial Officer, served in the U.S. Navy from September 1965 to November 1969. He extended his enlistment and volunteered for Mobile Riverine duty in Vietnam. He served as a Boat Captain and Patrol Officer in US Navy Task Forces CTF 117 and 116 from November of 1968 to November of 1969. In River Division 92, Nov of 68 to March of 69 and was a Plankowner (founding member) in RivDiv 595/153 serving there from March 69 to November 69. He was a awarded a Silver Star, a Navy Commendation Medal w/ Combat “V”, and a Purple Heart as well as several unit citations including 3 Presidential Unit Citations. He also has a piece of self-inflicted “friendly fire” shrapnel in his stomach for which he was too embarrassed, apparently unlike Senator Kerry, to request a Purple Heart.

Last edited by ASPB on Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: America's News... Reply with quote

Quote:
The News Media, the so-called Fourth Estate, the conscience of our republic, is complicit in a massive cover-up the scale of which the American people has not seen since Watergate and they still fail to “Report for Duty”.

Thank you ASPB for bringing us Tom Mortensen's article. I guess it's time the web site has a special topic for ranting about MSM bias, crimes, exaggerations, etc. I agree the cover-up is massive beyond even Flipper John's imagination.
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to submit an abbreviated version to our local paper. I doubt that it will be published, but if we all do that, perhaps the message will reinforce our position on other matters.

Remember, griping to the umpire about a strike call in the first inning can affect his calls in the bottom of the ninth.
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: America's News... Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
Quote:

Thank you ASPB for bringing us Tom Mortensen's article. I guess it's time the web site has a special topic for ranting about MSM bias, crimes, exaggerations, etc. I agree the cover-up is massive beyond even Flipper John's imagination.

ASPB is Tom Mortensen, Tom Laughing
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Form 180 Reply with quote

A word of caution as we constantly demand Kerry to sign the Form 180. Don't for a second believe that damaging information isn't or hasn't already disappeared from the records as he stalls. These people aren't stupid and they have sources. What better way to make the story go away? Sign the 180, release the reocords, and then nothing is there! Let's not keep looking at the Form 180 as opening "Pandora's Box"!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superlative piece, Tom.

Thanks for writing it. And thanks for sharing it with us.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent article Tom! Right on target.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: America's News... Reply with quote

OOPS! I didn't know ASPB & Tom Mortensen are one. Great post.

p.s. Is there a trick in making this software say "Tom Poole wrote" or did I just miss something?
corbe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Media and Kerry Reply with quote

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=6955
<p>
According to a Kerry campaign source, senior campaign advisers tasked two Washington-based campaign staffers to vet the recently published Unfit for Command.
"The purpose was to compare what that book had with what we had on file from Senator Kerry," says the campaign source, who said that the research project developed more than 75 instances where Kerry's recollections, previous remarks, or writings conflicted with the book's reporting.

"We took some of the most glaring examples, like the Christmas in Cambodia story, and presented them to senior staff, and we assume that those things were put in front of Senator Kerry," says the source. "We haven't heard a word about it. All we were told is that it was being taken care of."

The campaign source said that the book was not considered a "serious" problem for the campaign, because, "the media wouldn't have the nerve to come at us with this kind of stuff," says the source. "The senior staff believes the media is committed to seeing us win this thing, and that the convention inoculated us from these kinds of stories. The senior guys really think we don't have a problem here."

<p>

I didn't scan all topics, therefore, I don't know whether this has been posted yet or not, but it seems somewhat on-topic, I grabbed it out of the Hillary.org Forum and verified the Link. Don't ask me what I'm doing there other than trying to keep the Level of Koolaid consumption to a minimum. It is a struggle and though I lose some Battles on Nov 3rd I will have won the WAR.
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unabashedly bumped!
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plagiarize if you choose! Please distribute to the Press if you agree!
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, Tom.

Makes me feel small. You're one hell of a guy.

Is it too late to request that other PH?

Kerry said they "automatically" award them. Wink
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumped
ATCS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Media and Kerry Reply with quote

corbe wrote:
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=6955
The campaign source said that the book was not considered a "serious" problem for the campaign, because, "the media wouldn't have the nerve to come at us with this kind of stuff," says the source. "The senior staff believes the media is committed to seeing us win this thing, and that the convention inoculated us from these kinds of stories. The senior guys really think we don't have a problem here." .

Yowzers! I hope the idiots keep thinking that way! They think the 'reporting for duty' BS at the convention 'innoculated' them from these kind of stories.

I hope the Swift Vets are saving the best for last, and drop a major stinkbomb on Zippo's campaign right before the election. (Not to mention a series of them leading up.)

Keep up the good fight!
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tom, like always you leave me speechless (well not really since I am a girl...LOL). Loved the article and will forward on. Keep the great articles coming!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: