SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open letter to JF'n Kerry supporters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Open letter to JF'n Kerry supporters Reply with quote

A open letter to Tigerflyboy (and others of his ilk),

Your weakly worded analysis of this forum ignores the reason for the site.
It appears to me you came here looking for a fight. From the looks of it, many of my brothers here were more than willing to oblige. I, as a former flyboy (gunner on Spookies in country 1971-72) am more than a bit surprised that you would take the stand you do on Kerry. When you elect Kerry, you're not just electing the man, you're electing the philosophy and the congressional and public mindset for it. I do disagree with some of the stuff W has done, but, I am a conservative veteran who will always vote for the conservative candidate for exactly that reason. You will be hard pressed to find many allies on this forum. It has been my experience that most veterans are conservative by nature. By the way, my best friend in high school went into the ANG in 1971. He and his squadron were activated in late 1971 and sent to the Nam. He didn't come home. Please don't ever play the national guard/reserve don't/didn't serve card again.
There has been a member of my family on both my momma's and father's side from the revolution to the current war who have served this country in the military. My son is in Iraq now. Between my father, brother, and sister and myself we have given a total of more than 94 years in the AF to this country and I still stand and salute when my flag goes by. I'm not trying to pplay some over-zealous patriot, just letting you know where I'm coming from. Bottom line, talk or act traitorous against my country and you've got a can of whoop-ass coming from me.

GunnerMike

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in your corner Gunner, got your back Semper Fi
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding post Gunner. It sickens me when people claim that serving in the National Guard is not really serving. There were something like 500 members of the National Guard killed in Vietnam (I believe this is correct) and I just had a cousin in the National Guard come home in a casket from Iraq.

http://www.swtimes.com/archive/2004/May/21/news/wickes_man.html

We have many people from this state (and others obviously) ln iraq that are in the NG. If any gutless ******* wants to tell the families of the ones that gave their lives and served in vietnam or gave their lives and served/are serving in Iraq that they really did not serve I will stand beside these people and join in the ***** slapping. People that will say this do not even deserve to have their ass kicked like a man, they deserve to be ***** slapped and put on a boat out of this country.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Right on Mike!!! Reply with quote

What many of these Lefty thugs fail to realize is that several ANG units were sent to Nam. In addition, there were some units where 85% of the pilots were ANG pilots. These guys don't even bother to know their history let alone do some elementary research that would take them less than 2 minutes. Cool
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Right on Mike!!! Reply with quote

Doc Jerry wrote:
What many of these Lefty thugs fail to realize is that several ANG units were sent to Nam. In addition, there were some units where 85% of the pilots were ANG pilots. These guys don't even bother to know their history let alone do some elementary research that would take them less than 2 minutes. Cool

Most of the original complement of the LRRP companies came out of the National Guard. These guys sure "earned" their pay, and their combat patch.
keefer fm MD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lefty thugs like to listen to other lefty thugs, such as Terry McAuliffe of the DNC, who's never been in the service and who calls John Kerry "a war hero with a chest full of ribbons." Hell, I was in the service for 20 years; if Kerry's a war hero for a four-month tour in 'Nam, then I'm waitin' for my Congressional Medal of Honor!

Just exactly how President Bush served his country back then makes no difference to me; he served honorably.

Just exactly how these leftys smear the honorable service of our president makes a big difference to me; I'd like to spit in all their faces!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keefer fm MD wrote:
Just exactly how President Bush served his country back then makes no difference to me; he served honorably.

He sure did.

And he's led us admirably in the war on terror for almost three years.

I'd take that instead of John Kerry's four months, any day.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keefer I vote for the CMH for all Vietnam Vets that have suffered for 30 plus years, they served on the front lines in combat and served 30 years in HELL at home. Semper Fi.
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OORAH, Marine! I'm with you. I didn't shoot much on the ground in the Nam, but I saw an awful lot of y'all who did, walking and in body bags. Even carried a few of those bags back to a fire base or two. Kerry just doesn't get it. His wounds were probably frag attempts.

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo! Outstanding Post!

This old War Dog agrees with you 110%!

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: