SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McCain tired of re-fighting Vietnam
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Amen Reply with quote

I am sure he is tired of fighting Vietnam as I am sure many are here also of fighting Vietnam, again. Thank god for the internet (i believe it was invented by a democrat) Kerry was able to get away so long with his lies because there was never a forum for his detractors to refute what he had said. Well there is now and I am surprised he didn't see it coming. Payback is hell. Please Brothers hang in there and I promise that I will hang with ya'll and fight.
Paul
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Thanks Truegrit Reply with quote

"Paul, good comment. Long but worth reading in its entirety." {Truegrit}

Hi TG:

Thank you; it's nice of you say.
I do concede that I can be very verbose at times and this attempt at summarizing some of the bad consequences over the past decades is itself a long one.
terryc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What McCain needs to understand is that this war has not ended yet. It won't be finished until Kerry & his ilk are beaten back and exposed exactly for whom they are.

McCain needs to fight one last battle, he needs to stand up front of the camera's, and denounce Kerry once and for all for the traitor he was then, and continues to be today.

Then, and only then, will McCain's Vietnam war be over.
ghiapaul
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I would like to add my praise of your comments. I used to have a lot of respect for McCain. However, his actions regarding Kerry really bother me. Why would he attack the swiftboat vets? You'd think he would join Dole in seeking the truth. I am really beginning to think he is trying to play both sides so he can get a cabinet post no matter who wins.
1966 - 1969
spectre
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: MCAIN TIRED Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Mcain has angered me with his comment that the Swiftees are dishonest and dishohorable i respect his service but i think he was hit on the head one time too many when he said that about the Swiftees and says that kerrys service was honorable wnat a jerk he is turning out to be but i guess growing up with a general officer as a father has made him a spoiled brat SPECTRE
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Senators of the Committee on Foreign Affairs and John Kerry has created a huge judicial deficit in the hearts of everybody that knows the truth regarding the Vietnam Era.

Only the exposure of fraudulent accusations and testimonines and the clear declaration of the actual state of the events can remedy this unwarranted judicial deficit.

At one time, the Mainstream Media was not accountable to anybody - today, thanks to Independent News Networks and Radio Talk Forums, MSM now must be accountable.

MSM is proposing an "Agnostic Conclusion" - ie, can't know the conclusion.
If we don't drive this issue to the conclusion, the liberal left will write our history for us.

They ran a scam on the Americans before:

READ: http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6129

God help us not to allow it to happen again.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John McCain might have a point if Kerry himself hadn't decided to make Vietnam an issue. However, Kerry claims the medals he obtained somehow qualify him to be president. We have to examine Kerry's Vietnam service to determine if he really is qualified.

Even if you accept Kerry's version of events, he should not have received either a bronze star or a silver star. He has admitted his third "wound" resulted from an accident rather than enemy action. And his first wound could not have resulted from enemy gunfire because Charlie didn't have bullets that small.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Covan MI
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any SB Vets from AZ? One or more of them should send a post card with AZ postmark to Sen McCain inviting him to visit this site and see the comments in the discussion groups, and the message of Truth.
docmccain
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: John Mccain Reply with quote

If anyone has a right to talk about Nam it is John McCain.

I think we should all look at what both men have done since that war.Then make the choice! For me That is Bush. Kerry stood with Hanoi Jane. That says everything you need to know about him.

Doc McCain USN/USMC 1968 TO 1974
RStauch
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: McCain's position Reply with quote

Some things to keep in mind about John McCain:

1. His time in the Hanoi Hilton taught him not to rock boats.
2. His time in the Senate taught him to make friends with the enemy.

If you listen to him you'll see it. McCain just thinks that only people like him and Kerry should be allowed to speak in an election. Letting people like us have a say will only confuse the electoral process, making it impossible for people like him and Kerry to guide us to a peaceful transition. That peaceful transition is more important than the 1st Amendment, more important than our rights as individuals. We have no right to speak in an election, and he believes, for the good of the country, that he must end our free speech rights, once and for all.

Now, where are those strawberries?
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: His war was over Reply with quote

Watching John McCain on the Sunday talk shows, it dawned on me why he doesn't understand what the SwiftVets are saying. When John finally came back to the US from Viet Nam - he was given a hero's welcome.

I don't think he really comprehends what the majority of the returning Viet Nam vets had to put up with. His war was over when he was released. Not so for thousands of returning vets.
docmccain
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that McCain was treated like a hero when He got home and we were not. But look at what he had to go thru! I know we got the short end of the stick but he had it much worse. McCain is only saying please do dishonner Kerry"s war record. It is what he did after he cmae that he should ashamed of. Maybe Kerry should not have gotten the Medals but he did. So leave alone. Go after for what he did right after getting back and for the next 20 years or so. There is plenty of stuff there!! The enw ads are just the kind thing that Kerry can not defend.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Docmccain writes: McCain is only saying please do dishonner Kerry"s war record. It is what he did after he cmae that he should ashamed of. Maybe Kerry should not have gotten the Medals but he did. So leave alone.

If anyone has dishonored Kerry’s “war record,” it’s Kerry himself when he threw his medals away and made false accusation against his fellow vets.

Kerry made his “war record” a major plank of his platform—that his 5 medals/4 months in Vietnam, and that Bush’s/Cheney’s lack of Vietnam service, makes him more qualified to be CIC. Therefore, verifying that service and those medals is a reasonable thing to do. Perhaps we even have a responsibility to do so. Certainly the SBVT believed they had a responsibility (not to mention free speech) to reveal what they knew Kerry “was made of”—Edwards challenged us to ask Kerry’s band of brothers what Kerry “was made of.”

The 200+ SBVT are honorable vets, many decorated, and have more than earned the right to exercise their free speech regarding this matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: