SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Kerry Kids Booed - MTV
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: The Kerry Kids Booed - MTV Reply with quote

http://www.drudgereport.com/kerrymtv.htm

SOTG

Admin note: SOTG...as this topic appears to be ongoing, I have amended
your topic to reflect a more general discussion of the subject matter.

Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
THE BOOS THAT ROCKED THE VOTE: KERRY DAUGHTERS RECEIVE RUDE AWAKENING AT MTV AWARDS
Sun Aug 29 2004 23:36:31 ET

MTV, ROLLING STONE and the rock and roll establishment -- past and present -- have cast their vote, and their man is John Kerry.

So on Sunday night when John Kerry's daughters were announced to speak at the annual MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS, the MTV youth were expected to welcome his daughter's as pop culture princesses.

Instead, in an era of the unexpected, the daughters of the Democratic candidate were met with cheers -- AND JEERS -- during the live broadcast in Miami.

From the moment Alexandra and Vanessa started speaking, the boos outweighed anything close to cheers, and the reaction turned worse when the daughters asked the VIACOM youth to vote for their father. So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.

Developing...

My God, if the SBVT have won over the MTV crowd, it's OVER Johnny!

SOTG
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh that hurts almost as bad as Vets turning thier backs to him during his speech Laughing

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I can't stop smiling from that story! America may have FINALLY had enough!

SOTG
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.

Another Kerry trying to silence "free speech"[/b]
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was talk they'd have to go get Max Cleland to help them deliver their message... Wink

SOTG
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think she was "shhhhh"-ing her peers, I think she was showing the crowd how many votes her pop is gonna get in November.

SOTG
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was rude and tasteless of the crowd to behave that way toward the Kerry girls whether I disagree with them or not--Bad behavior is bad behavior no matter who it's aimed at and it doesn't further one's cause just because you don't like the unfortunate person(s) who were made it's object--

Oh, and the Bush daughters weren't present, but they also made a similar address, either by phone or on tape, and received similar treatment--Does that make everyone here as happy?--C
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, and the Bush daughters weren't present, but they also made a similar address, either by phone or on tape, and received similar treatment--Does that make everyone here as happy?--

Sounds like you are making that part up and didnt even watch the show since you dont know if the Bush girls were on tape or by phone. thanks for playing though Smile
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really surprising good news. I think young people have a deep respect for the troops and vets. To show they understand the magnitude of Kerry's treasonous acts is still surprising.

I had a discussion with a friend who contends that the Gen'Xers are all voting Kerry as in against the war. She has kids that age and says they live off the MSM sound bites and don't have time to look any deeper. I just said that's so sad for them and their children. I argued ( Oh, that's right, it was really an argument ) they are mostly internet savy people and I suggested she e-mail her kids a link to the SBVT site and suggest they forward the link to their e-mail lists.

I won't bother you with the rest of the 'er discussion, but she went away more enlightened about SBVT.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

I listened to drudge when it was going on and he replayed it over and over. When the bush twins appeared on screen there wasstill a few boos but definetely less and more applause. It was for sure strange.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOGF-- Laughing Laughing Laughing lol

Thanks for the Monday pick-me-up
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM wrote:
I thought it was rude and tasteless of the crowd to behave that way toward the Kerry girls whether I disagree with them or not--Bad behavior is bad behavior no matter who it's aimed at and it doesn't further one's cause just because you don't like the unfortunate person(s) who were made it's object--

Oh, and the Bush daughters weren't present, but they also made a similar address, either by phone or on tape, and received similar treatment--Does that make everyone here as happy?--C

Sorry CandiM,
I repect your opinion, but do not agree. The crowd's reaction was largely telling of a possible changing tide... that at least some percentage of American Youth does not buy in to "celebrity" opinions - As John Kerry's daughters, that's all they are.
If I go to see an awards show and get preached to about voting for a treasonous coward who has done irreversible harm to our country and the men who served, I'll be booing my @ss off too.
You may feel sorry for them - I do not.

SOTG

PS: I think Bush's daughters were via satellite.
If they were boo'd, I didn't hear it.
If that happened, it's not my concern.
The defeat of John Kerry is. It should be everyone's.
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kids were there for an award ceremony, I guess they have forgotten when you force feed information to kids they rebel nomatter what the circumstance.
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM wrote:

The Bush girls werent booed. Nice try.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: