SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many servicemen showed up in Vietnam with movie cameras?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big D
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Where did this Junior officer get the grit Reply with quote

James Rebe'l wrote:
Get this, Kerry takes how many boats back to REEACT how he was awarded his SILVER STAR. How much money did this cost?????? Where did this Junior officer get the grit to do this, how many guys were involved? AND remember the Kerry campain was the one who put this footage on the news AND wanted the public to beleive that is was REAL COMBAT footage. Not since Douglas McAuther have I seen anything like this. What a phoney, I knew that film was phoney and thatys why I joined with the SwiftVets!!! I know a lot more now.

Rebel, you think his superiors authorized his photo shoot? I doubt that they knew he had taken these men and equipment off to film his exploits. I wonder how he convinced others to risk their life to reenact his few minutes of glory. If he took his crew off on this film shoot without letting them know what he was up to, then he's about as sorry a leader as I can think of.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: They love me! They really love me! Reply with quote

OK, Ready on the set-hit the lights-scene 1-johnny does Nam-roll-em----HOLD-IT---CUT---Where's the bullets? We need bullets ! Laughing
James Rebe'l
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think his superiors knew what he was up to, I think he just said hey I'm in charge and we gonna go back and take some pictures, thats what they did. The SwiftVets should be encouraged to pick up on this. Kerry ran this as an action film, it was JUST like him PHONEY, he admited to Charles Sennott much later that it was reenacted with a 8mm. I think that film is HIS BIGGEST mistake yet. It is simply false and he presented it as he has everthing he has done PHONEY, Swiftvets should hone in on this and nail him for it. It follows, his medals were phoney his actions was phoney and the phoney film proves it!!!
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I was a public information officer before I went to Vietnam..." [John Kerry, Committee on Foreign Affairs, 1971]

John Kerry knew how to "stage" things using it too! And I think he intended to - but, I think his difficulty was in doing so without being conspicuous to the point that he might be charged with espionage. It was also apparent that he had difficulty in finding someone to help him "stage" things.

I think he was disappointed with not being able to get documentation on "War Crimes." Not willing to get seriously wounded or killed, I think he quickly became content with the film footage that he got - and offered up suggestions to go along with it later.

I have reason to believe that his connection with VVAW and Senators involved in the Hearing before the 1971 Committee on Foreign Affairs was no happenstance - I think it was all premeditatively staged to satisfy a specific agenda.

READ: http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6129
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen some home movie stuff on TV. Boats in a river, and Kerry
walking around in green utilities with a helmet and carring an M16.
Would Kerry walking around with an M16 necessarily have to be filmed
at an actual location, or would any green background do. Like maybe
on the base?

Every now and then I would buy a camera. Sometimes I would wander
around the ship and take a roll of film. The problem is that one
destroyer looks pretty much like another one. One seascape looks
pretty much like another one. The coast of Viet Nam looked pretty
much like the San Clemente firing range. So why would he have to
go anywhere to stage his films?
James Rebe'l
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you spell Achilles heal? I think this PHONEY FILM of him RECREATING his combat actions is the KEY to his VAINGOLRIOUS personality. BEFORE HE LEFT VIETNAM and he knew he was leaving he makes a MOVIE PICTURE of himself. Fact is the public was not told that his film was a recreation of what he was supposed to have done. They see Kerry with a M16 in a "combat situation" HE IS LYING AGAIN, he is telling the public something that IS NOT REAL. IF WE AS A GROUP pick up on that, I think we can do him great damage. He is lying again.
James Rebe'l
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here it is boys:

FR Exclusive: Flashback -- Kerry Admits to Boston Globe that he Reenacted Combat Scenes (10/1996)
The Boston Globe Stacks -- 10/6/1996 | 08/19/2004 | Self using excepts from Boston Globe Report by Charles Sennott 10/6/1996

Posted on 08/18/2004 9:15:12 PM PDT by GAGOPSWEEPTOVICTORY

While running for Senate against Bill Weld in 1996, a lot of the same issues that dog Kerry now were part of the political landscape. To placate some concerns, John Kerry allowed reporter Charles Sennott of the Boston Globe to watch five hours of his homemade video that was taken while he was on the Meekong Delta in Vietnam.

The article, which is entited: "The making of the candidates: JOHN FORBES KERRY" was published on page A31 of the Globe on 10/6/1996.

In it, Kerry admitted that he had used a video camera while in combat and had reenacted many of the events that transpired on the film while a member of PT-93 on the Mekong Delta in Vietnam.

Specifically, he told Mr. Sennott that he had captured film reenacting the area where he had won his Silver Star: "I'll show you where they shot from. See? That's the hole covered up with reeds."

He further added: "This is just something that I improvised. . . . The point was not to just take an ambush, but to go directly at them," as he pointed to the Globe reporter where "he brought the boat ashore," and explained how he "returned later with a Super 8 millimeter hand-held movie camera to record highlights of the mission."

"That's me right there. One of my crew was filming all this," Kerry gleefully told the paper.

The Globe reporter asked thr $64,000 question we all were wondering: How exactly did Kerry manage to steer his boat and shoot his video at the same time?

In response, Kerry told the Globe: "I'd steer, or direct, or fire my gun, and hold onto it when I could. Sometimes the other guys would pick it up."

Kerry also demonstrated to the reporter how he "gripped an imaginary ship's helm and thrusting his camera hand out to the side."

Kerry also goes on in the article to "clarify" how he threw other soldier's medals over the wall during the April 1971 protest in Washington and how he has recurring nightmares about his Vietnam experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS: Front Page News; Politics/Elections
KEYWORDS: 1996; BOSTONGLOBE; ELECTION; HOMEMOVIES; KERRY; LIES;
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HIs only nightmare is the one where he gets caught in own web of lies. So shooting a guy in the back gives you nightmares John? If you cant get over killing wounded you dont have the guts to be POTUS. Are you sure your fit for duty John? Semper Fi.
Big D
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Good research Reply with quote

Rebel, you really did a great job searching out the 1996 article. This is the kind of information we need the national media to pickup.

What a fraud. I'm sure the Navy can't do anything about his misuse of men and equipment now, but it sure would make a good story. It certainly says a lot about the character of Mr. JFK.
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question. Who verified that the guy he shot in the back was VC. Did he have papers? Pack-marks on his shoulders from humping gear. A tatoo that said born "born in the north to die in the south"? If there was 50 cal aboard why would one man jump ashore instead of preping the hell out of the place. A 50 cal would be like giant weed eater. Who had the helm if Kerry was ashore? If Kerry had been walking into a trap by chasing this guy would the swift boat stay and help. Would you endanger the boat to save a crewmember? At what point does saving the boat trump saving an individual crew. I was a grunt so really dont know how swifties operate. Semper Fi. Sorry about the QUICK QUESTION comment.
Big D
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: "More cameras, please." Mr. JFK Reply with quote

This Came from the Boston Globe. Seem Mr. JFK is still attracted to the movie camera and has even developed a reputation as a camera hound. I can only image how much we would be subjected to his long face on TV if he were president.

AT THE CENTER OF POWER, SEEKING THE SUMMIT
Published on June 21, 2003
Author(s): John Aloysius Farrell, Globe Correspondent

WASHINGTON - By the time John F. Kerry began his second term as US senator in 1991, his nickname among Massachusetts political insiders was "Live Shot," a reference to his relentless courting of reporters, especially those with TV cameras in tow. In the Senate, where seniority and decorum still mattered, Kerry was seen as an impatient new breed, more interested in generating headlines than mastering the sometimes tedious process of lawmaking
James Rebe'l
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D I would like to point out that I saw the film first wrote the letter second and then did the research. Boom, I found the Sennott write up. What a great thing Google!
Big D
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Good research Reply with quote

Rebel, you really did a great job search out the 1996 article. This is the kind of information we need the national media to pickup.

What a fraud. I'm sure the Navy can't do anything about his misuse of men and equipment now, but it sure would make a good story. It certainly says a lot about the character of Mr. JFK.
retiredarmyaviator
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: 8 mm cameras Reply with quote

I knew a couple guys who had 8 mm cameras and they took some great footage of actual combat assaults, but it was always at altitude at the beginning of the assault. When we got close to the ground and the pucker factor went UP, the cameras were put away and it was all business. I never saw any one stage footage like Kerry did.
Hueygunner
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Rebe'l wrote:

visit Delta Med or the Death Hooch at Khe Sanh in mid 1967 and you understand what a purple heart is all about. Such awards are for the gravest circumstances where the balance of risk and injury are judged by those who have seen real suffering.

I agree. The guys who I served with were grievously wounded. You looked at their injuries and you thought Uncle Sam can just keep his Purple Hearts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: