SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The liberals' creed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: The liberals' creed Reply with quote

The liberals' creed

as discerned by Robert Alt at No Left Turns ( http://ashbrook.org/publicat/oped/alt/04/creed.html ) referenced at http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/006792.php. Here is part of it:

"We believe that President Bush lied.
We believe that Prime Minister Blair lied.
We believe that when Hillary Clinton and Dick Gephardt voted for the war based on the same intelligence relied upon by Bush and Blair, they made reasonable decisions based on the intelligence available at the time.

"We believe that the administration did not make the case for war;
We believe that the administration offered many different reasons but could not offer a coherent message explaining the need to go to war;
We believe that the administration made perfectly clear that the only reason we were going to war was because of the threat from WMDs.

"We believe that no one should question our statement that we 'support our troops;'
We believe that the best thing that could happen for this country would be for Bush to lose in November;
We believe that the best way for Bush to lose in November is for the Iraq effort to go poorly, even if that means that more Iraqis and troops will die;
We believe that most of the troops are minorities and the poor;
We believe that when the word 'heroes' is used to describe our troops, it should always be enclosed in scare quotes.

"We believe that Vietnam is the lens through which all wars should be viewed.
We believe that soldiers in Vietnam were baby killers;
We believe that John Kerry is a hero for his service in Vietnam."
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was very good FDL, and accurate as well. Look at Kerry's voting record. He has voted for and against almost every issue put in front of him. They all voted for ousting Sadaam but now say that they are all against it and were lied to by the CIC. Either they ignorant and don't do their homework, came to the same conclusion that Bush did, or are two faced. You pick. Semper Fi.
Craig

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: The liberals' creed Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
The liberals' creed

as discerned by Robert Alt at No Left Turns ( http://ashbrook.org/publicat/oped/alt/04/creed.html ) referenced at http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/006792.php. Here is part of it:

"We believe that President Bush lied.
We believe that Prime Minister Blair lied.
We believe that when Hillary Clinton and Dick Gephardt voted for the war based on the same intelligence relied upon by Bush and Blair, they made reasonable decisions based on the intelligence available at the time.

How about "Some of us believe that politicians from one side of the other did not get where they are by being overly honest
Some of us believe that some of the more or less honest and dishonest politicians voted the way they did for political expedience and/or believing the ******** they were told was "proof". And much of that "proof" was offered by the current administration - and folks was softened up by what was taken for granted by the past administration and a lot of folks in general throughout the world.
But even folks whose own intelligence took it for granted that Saddam had the nasty stuff - they wanted evidence that he had it and were reviled in US for that.
Brings to mind about Chilabi. Maybe is good that is not going to be a repeat of de Gaulle, who the Allies were so determined to institute and screw actual French patriots.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Not true. Bush persuaded Congress that he was privy to intelligence in his PDB that even the Intelligence Committees didn't have. Turns out it was bullcrap.

The rest is just a bunch of blahblah.
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes a rightwing nut like Robert Alt an "expert" on what liberals believe? This is common proganda technique used by Limbaugh et. al.
How about SOME liberals believe different things. Why must you insist on generalizing about groups of people?
Confused
Right wingers always do that!

Do I believe that Vietnam vets are baby killers? No, in fact I intend to vote for a REAL Vietnam vet in the next election. Don't be a fool and accept this stupid list as gospel.

Sparky's right, bunch a' blah blah.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Quote:

Not true. Bush persuaded Congress that he was privy to intelligence in his PDB that even the Intelligence Committees didn't have. Turns out it was bullcrap.

The rest is just a bunch of blahblah.

So why didn't the Intelligence Committees call him on this? Afterall, the oversight committees are supposed to see everything. Or are you just making up stories?
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another thing those liberals believe:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/05/25/global.heat.reut/index.html
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Eaton wrote:
How about SOME liberals believe different things. Why must you insist on generalizing about groups of people?
Confused

Isn't that a generalization about a group of people?

Wink
Craig

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Jeremy Eaton wrote:
Confused

Wink

LOL - someone slipped up and you nailed him.
Myself thinks that there are maybe a couple "right wingers" frequenting this forum who are above that. - You are not one of them though.
But do you think the scamp really made so much misstatement as an ironic remark?
I sure do not know. I do know that in unmoderated forums that someone might call me a liberal and I like to respond with remark uncomplimentary remarks about his momma.

I am a very much "right to bear arms" person. Even though I am not allowed to have them. I am also a very much states rights person - seem even more so than is the general Republican approach. But US citizen rights trump state rights every time.
Perversion of interstate commerce is one example. If I grow me a marijuana plant the federal justification is that I might sell some of it to someone in another state. - Then that seems to lead to DEA busting doctors for prescribing what they might judge as an adequate amount of narcotic pain killer and outlawing opium or some of its derivatives altogether.
I barely care if they legalize marijuana - for my own sake. I can manage to smoke it any damned time I please anyway.
Hey! I am shocked and awed that Xians (not Christians but Xians) who would follow the letter of the Bible would stand for outlawing what their God has specifically given.

Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

That is treated as some hippie nonsense but I would think that them "literal" Xians would think that their god would have made exception there if it wanted exception there. Well, this god created the bush and knew what it was - right?

Some ******** have bitched that there is poisonous plants.
Oh well. Only fruit of one plant that this 'god' forbade to eat. Could we figure that it was cannabis or a poppy or a coca plant? Does fungi count?

Oh well. Did I drift off topic?
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So why didn't the Intelligence Committees call him on this?

They had no choice but to believe him or call him a liar. The PDB isn't available even to the intelligence committees except in extremely rare circumstances.

Bush's failures on 9/11 has led to one of those rare instances after it appeared that Bush misled Congress.

From the Washington Post:

Despite its limitations, an agreement with the White House that gives an independent Sept. 11 commission access to intelligence briefings for Presidents Bush and Bill Clinton is unprecedented, making an outside panel privy to some of the executive branch's most closely held secrets for the first time, according to commission officials and legal experts.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A45999-2003Nov15
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Now it's my turn to laugh.
Confused This emoticon was supposed to be sarcasm for comic effect. I was illustrating the point.
I guess I didn't make the joke obvious enough. (It's not funny if you have to explain it to them)
You were right though, I did screw up! Although, not about the generalization, that was intentional.
I didn't read the link in the first post!
I just posted my thoughts. I assumed it was from a right winger, but it's not! It's from an actual liberal. The moral of the story is to read the links. You might learn something...Or maybe it's avoid thinking of things in an us versus them mentality. It can lead to poor assumptions and rash judgements.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Does this make Kerry a hero baby killer? Or, a baby killer hero? Since he too was in Vietnam and they believe soldiers there were baby killers, shouldn't they be saying his herosim is for his anti-war stance? Or, did he stop being a baby killer to them?

This is why I can't believe much of anything coming from the ridiculous left. When you talk out of both sides of your mouth, you start sounding downright silly.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Jeremy Eaton wrote:
Confused

Wink

ROFL
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no contradiction:

How about this, I don't think anybody will contest this:

1. An uknown quantity of babies were killed in Viet Nam by some American soldiers.
2. Most the soldiers served honorably and with conscience given the situations they were put in.

Now we can argue about whether Kerry was not a soldier with conscience. However, as he reported these atrocities and sought an end to the Viet Nam war when he returned home.

I think Kerry did the best he could given the situation. Ergo no contradiction.

I can't tell if you really didn't think it through that far, or you just wanted to paint liberals in a certain light.
Craig

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:

Does this make Kerry a hero baby killer? Or, a baby killer hero? Since he too was in Vietnam and they believe soldiers there were baby killers, shouldn't they be saying his herosim is for his anti-war stance? Or, did he stop being a baby killer to them?

This is why I can't believe much of anything coming from the ridiculous left. When you talk out of both sides of your mouth, you start sounding downright silly.

My goodness. Someone who uses his tongue for TP complains about what sides someone else speaks.
Here dear, lick me next. Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: