SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Counter these false charges!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Counter these false charges! Reply with quote

We are seeing this and similar statements....... AWOL or a draft dodger.

I know the focus is stopping Kerry, but we need to be armed with answers about this negative attitude toward Bush and the lies the talking heads and the banners are saying about his service.

This is a must read for the facts, year by year.

http://www.nationalreview.com/flashback/york200408261025.asp

Admin note: Topic edited

Last edited by tiptie on Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: bad title .. Reply with quote

Just alittle concerned that your Post title will be used out of context by a Kerry supporter ... maybe instead "How to counter false charges"
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJC...............I did that on purpose to catch your attention. However, your point is noted.
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better?
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in South Alabama, we are lucky to have, among our citizenry, Mr. Winston Groom, author of Forrest Gump and many other novels. In Sundays Mobile Register, Mr. Groom has written an extensive article about the military records of the Presidential candidates. Very little time was spent on Kerry, and I noted one error, but he has done exhaustive research into President Bush's records.. and addresses many of the myths spread by the DNC and their various supporters. He explains the reason for his taking on this task as this:

Quote:
Back during March and April, when the famous "deserter" and "AWOL" charges were being leveled at Bush by the Democrats, the press had worked itself up to a feeding frenzy.

My phone began to ring off the hook: Newsweek, Time magazine, the Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, etc. Somebody had somehow learned that my former wife had worked on the Blount campaign, and that I had been seen in Montgomery while Bush either was or wasn't there -- take your pick.

They were frantic to learn anything I might tell them. Unfortunately for them, it wasn't much.

http://www.al.com/search/index.ssf?/base/opinion/1093770964297240.xml?mobileregister?oinsight

I hope this helps, and by the way.. it's my first post here, but I've been reading, and pulling for you guys from the beginning.

~mugged~
a liberal is just a conservative that hasn't been mugged yet
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mugged,

I chortled when I read the last paragraph. Thanks for posting this link. It's a good one and replaces the one from aerospaceweb that seems to have disappeared.
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GottaBeKidding...............I had the same reaction to the last paragraph.

I have also found that the more important articles need to be saved on my server or computer. Sometimes the link goes bad.

Off topic and side note.............My own experiences with my days in the Coast Guard were the same. I was active in one of those times, the early 60's, where we were not in a major war. After my active duty, my reserve requirements depended on the city and state I lived in. The requirements were so many days per month or year and depending on the facilities.

These articles we have posted and how the reserves work are not known by many of the press (or they ignore the facts)

Like any "guard" unit, the Coast Guard was always known as the "fresh water" sailors. Most never realized that during major wars such as WW2 or Vietnam that the CG was put back under Naval control. The Coast Guard boats were used around Viet Nam because they were designed for smaller, shallower waters.

I found it interesting that Kerry jumped on one of our cutters to take him out of one of his so-called medal winning engagements...............

I had friends that were actually looking forward to being "activated" because they knew that promotions would be faster when you are active. But, alas for them, things were winding down and many reserve units were never called up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: