SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter to Bill O'Reilly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: emailed Bill Reply with quote

USAF66-70 wrote:
Just emailed Bill at oreilly@foxnews.com:

Hi Bill. Love the show. Been nonplussed, however, by your, IMHO, unreasonable refusal to honestly weigh the SBVT documented evidence. They're honorable & decorated vets, not truly all that partisan, entitled to free speech ... not like the slime merchants that attacked you.

Is it possible that you've miscalculated? This thing is exploding, and many of your faithful have been irritated by your perfunctory dismissal of SBVT. Any luck getting Kerry on yet? Heard you got Bono ... is he an American?

Come on Bill, give the SBVT their due. My advice: admit the miscalculation, & apologize and email me if you do so I'll know to listen. Hey Bill, just looking out for you.

To me, this is a "perfect" e-mail to send to Mr. O'Reilly. It is short, polite, and to the point. I'm sure Mr. O is being deluged with tons of lengthy "hate mail", which is just being thrown into the circular file, so thoughtful, clear, and concise e-mails like this one have a much greater chance of being actually read. Just a thought for all those going to send an e-mail to Bill.

Great e-mail, USAF66-70. Well done.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth mentioning is that in order to be a BOR premium member you must pay a monthly stipend. That's OK, if that's what anyone wants to do, but you can't access a lot of the info on Bill's site if you don't pony up. The very sort of attitude that keeps me from being a premium member, and now I'm quite happy to have not contributed to someone that would totally ignore the wishes of the majority of his supporters. Too bad Bill, you didn't get me, tsk, tsk. Twisted Evil
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a recent Talking Point:
Quote:

To be fair, let me ask you a personal question. Do you believe the anti-Bush media wants fair coverage of the swift boat controversy? Do you? Do you believe Ann Coulter and other anti-Kerry people want fair coverage?
If you do, if you think The New York Times and Ann Coulter are going to give you straight talk on this subject, please take a drug test right away.

By that you're implying those who don't agree with you are drug users, right? Is that not
an An hominem attack, and are not all ad hominems, by definition, SPIN? QED.
You'd better be careful, Mr O....Ann Coulter is way out of your league. Her toenail
clippings have twice the IQ than the walnut between your ears! Pithy Enough?
How's this: you think you actually won the Micheal Moore debate. Sure he's a
cut-and-paste propaganist/moron, he can't even differentiate between 'misinformation'
and 'disinformation', but he set a logic bomb for you
(ie "would you send your child to war?") and all you could
do was to stumble over it, instead to digging it up, showing everyone what it was--
(a logically complex question which can't be answered correctly) ,
and then slamming it into his fat face! Mr O, you should have offered Mr Creasote
...er...I mean Mr. Moore a wafer thin
mint! If he'd exploded on camera, just think of your ratings!

Mr O., I think you'd agree that the ability to make distinctions
is the essence of intelligence. Why then do you think dozens of men are willing to
write, sign and swear affidaffits --under pain of perjury--
to the fact that Kerry is not telling the truth about
his millitary records? You don't want to believe it? Fine. Perhaps you'll change your mind
when the film of Kerry burning the flag finally airs, or perhaps something in his testamony
in the Congressional Record will do it for you, and then you'll claim you've been right as rain
all along about Kerry, and that in fact you've been leading the charge, and stearing the boat.

You asked us a question, now we'll ask you: Do YOU really believe someone could
legitimately earn five medals in 100 days? Well, do you?
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,I did it. I packed up my BOR books and Factor shirt and sent them back.
I feel so much better now.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slednfool wrote:
Well,I did it. I packed up my BOR books and Factor shirt and sent them back.
I feel so much better now.

When my UPS guy comes tomorrow, I'm going to tell him, specifically, what's in the box, why I'm sending the books back, and actively, and enthusiastically, encourage him to donate to SBVT and e-mail O'Reilly.

BTW, "The Meaning of Life" is one of my favorite movies. "Just a wafer thin mint, Mr. Creosote aka Michael Moore"? I wonder if Kerry is signed up as an organ donor on his driver's license. "We've come to take your liver ... need we say more?" ROTFLMBO.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markasass wrote:

When my UPS guy comes tomorrow, I'm going to tell him, specifically, what's in the box, why I'm sending the books back, and actively, and enthusiastically, encourage him to donate to SBVT and e-mail O'Reilly.

You may want to sound him out first. The UPS driver's bread is absolutely buttered by the Teamsters, who are actively support f-ing Kerry. No use in alienating the guy that could lose, or misdirect, your package. I don't know that he would do that, but lefties are known to be viscious.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
markasass wrote:

You may want to sound him out first. The UPS driver's bread is absolutely buttered by the Teamsters, who are actively support f-ing Kerry. No use in alienating the guy that could lose, or misdirect, your package. I don't know that he would do that, but lefties are known to be viscious.

Thanks for the heads-up, zinfella. I don't think I have to worry about this, however, as the "UPS guy" happens to be my cousin, I've been on his route for quite some time now, he's not a fan of Kerry, and he really doesn't seem to care for the union. I just want to make an extra special effort to speak with him briefly tomorrow, as he's usually so busy we don't get a chance to "chat" much, and the family reunion isn't for another few weeks. But, thanks, again. I appreciate the alert.

zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markasass wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up, zinfella. I don't think I have to worry about this, however, as the "UPS guy" happens to be my cousin,

Uh oh, this is right up there with Novak promoting a book published by his son. Why didn't you use FedEx? Wait 'til the DNC hears about this! Just kidding. Very Happy
theradianteye.com
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent Silly Billy this just now:
Quote:
Bill,

For a long time I watched you present fair and balanced coverage by putting liars on the hot seat.

But now it seems you are presenting biased views and distorting the truth for personal gain.

Or is it potential political gain?

Looks like you are a pitiful sell-out to Hanoi John. What did he do? offer you a job as Minister of Propaganda?

Are you bucking for a spot on the honor roll alongside Hanoi John, Hanoi Jane, and the rest of the Communist leaders?

We'll have to make it wider to accommodate your fat head.

Speaking The Truth,

Steve Tilson
Auburndale, FL
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the e-mails going to O'Reilly. If he keeps getting e-mails he will realize that my dissing swiftvets he dissed all vets! As vets we do have a powerful voice as long as we stand together! But remember keep it short!

Very Happy
NavVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Bill O'Reilly's Schtick Reply with quote

Bill's bit, is to be able to criticize the "Radical Right" and therefore claim credibility that other hosts lack. Unfortunately, that means O'Reilly sometimes has to invent a right wing radical even if one doesn't exist on a particular issue.

So, O'Reilly gave Cambodia to the Swiftboat Vets and flipantly says, "Rassman was a cop for 30 years, I'm going with Rassman on this one." O'Reilly may think such cheap rhetorical tricks make him seem "fair and balanced" but in reality it makes him seem intelectually dishonest.

When, Rush or Hannity disagree with the president or the administration they say so and make a reasoned argument. O'Reilly on the other hand seems to often oppose those on the right, simply for appearances sake.

Kind of like Kerry pretending to agree with whoever he is talking to.

I don't know, "who's looking out for me" but it ain't bill o'reilly.

Cutting the bab
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noc wrote:
Slednfool wrote:
Found the address on the corporate website.

Bill O'Reilly c/o
Fox News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas,
2nd Floor, New York, NY 10036

Should I enclose a letter along with my books and gear?

My email letters to O'Reilly keep getting deleted and that is if they make it through. So I'm going to take this advice and send it snail mail along with my copy of his book.

btw. My other letters to fox are going through.

Not to muddy the waters re: returning things to Bill O'Reilly, but I finally got a response from www.billoreilly.com as concerns a return shipping address:

Bill O'Reilly.com Returns
1915 10th Ave. W.
Mobridge, SD 57601

IMHO, returning books, etc. to the Fox News address in New York would be much better, as I'm sure the South Dakota address is just some anonymous warehouse, but if you actually wish a refund, you probably need to use it. I, for one, don't want a refund. I just want Bill O'Reilly to know how disappointed I am in him.

WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
Keep the e-mails going to O'Reilly. If he keeps getting e-mails he will realize that my dissing swiftvets he dissed all vets! As vets we do have a powerful voice as long as we stand together! But remember keep it short!

Very Happy

He just got my email.
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're wasting your time with the nasty-grams, boys. They don't get past the interns screening the email.

Make it pithy and polite if you want Bill (or even a real producer) to actually see it.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billman wrote:
You're wasting your time with the nasty-grams, boys. They don't get past the interns screening the email.

Make it pithy and polite if you want Bill (or even a real producer) to actually see it.

Actually you may want to send some of them to roger.ailes@foxsnews.com Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: