SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Black Thursday - April 22, 1971"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: "Black Thursday - April 22, 1971" Reply with quote

"Black Thursday - April 22, 1971"
A Drama staged to destroy the Nation's efforts to establish a free democracy in S. Vietnam
Starring: John Forbes Kerry
Co-starring: Senators of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, April 22, 1971 - namely: Senator J.W. Fulbright (Chairman); Senator Hart; Senator Symington; Senator Pell; Senator Aiken; Senator Case; Senator Javits.

Read the Congressional Hearing of 1971 - It reads more like a screenplay than an official congressional hearing. Premediated, practiced, rehearsed and debut on April 22, 1971.[/b]

A clear premeditated agenda is evident in the statements made by the Chairman and other members of the Committee. References to their past failures to succeed in their agenda, their hopes lays in the testimony of someone with credentials - ie, someone representing the armed forces - But, where could they find someone of such credentials that would be willing to testify fraudulently?

Well they found that in the character of John Forbes Kerry - an anti-war liberal loyal to the Democrat Party having political ambitions and willing to commit fraud, in order further his party's agenda, in playing the leading role of the biggest Congressional scam ever.

I am convinced that Senator J.W. Fulbright (Chairman of the Committee) and the other Senators serving on the Committe, given their pre-existing agenda, had premeditated this hearing, met with Kerry prior to the hearing to discuss the format in order to assure a successful performance.

Senator Pell knew Kerry well enough to say: "As the witness knows, I have a very high personal regard for him and hope before his life ends he will be a colleague of ours in this body." (Committee on Foreign Relations, 1971)

This makes "Watergate" look like a school boy's prank.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, John O'Neill contacted the Committee to also testify, to present the other side. He was told there was no time for his testimony. I read that in Unfit for Command and wondered why a Senate Committee had no time for testimony in support of Vietnam, but seemed to have plenty of time for all the anti-war critics that wanted to testify.
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These comments make it clear that Mr. O'Neill had no way of counter
attacking the Kerry gang. There was simply no-one who was going to
listen to him.
It also makes it clear that the speech Kerry gave had probably been
vetted before he spoke which leaves you wondering what really went
on. I have read a number of items that said the speech was not written
by Kerry and he was helped by someone in the giving of the speech.
Hmm? Confused

Well, now the world is listening to Mr. O'Neill with ears ready to hear
what he is saying. The Swiftvets time has come and they will win.
No doubt in my mind Wink
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Don't forget, John O'Neill contacted the Committee to also testify, to present the other side. He was told there was no time for his testimony. I read that in Unfit for Command and wondered why a Senate Committee had no time for testimony in support of Vietnam, but seemed to have plenty of time for all the anti-war critics that wanted to testify.

How's good, old-fashioned McCarthy-was-correct communist infiltration of Congress for an explanation? Tell me how that doesn't fit what occurred.

I do believe Watergate was a minor affair considering what really was going on in those smoke-filled, secret-handshake rooms...

-- FDL
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1971 Committee on Foreign Affairs denied John O'Neil a hearing to counter Kerry's testimony! This is the first I've heard of this - I haven't read "Unfit for Command" - but this is in line with the committee's agenda:

"...You have a perspective that those in the Government who make our Nation's policy do not always have and I am sure that your testimony today will be helpful to the committee in its consideration of the proposals before us." [J.W. Fulbright, Chairman of Committee on Foreign Affairs, 1971]

John O'Neil's statements would not be helpful to their pre-existing agenda.

So much for fair and equitible!
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"At the Foreign Relations Committee hearing, the veterans gave a standing ovation to McGovern when he accused all American forces in Indochina of war crimes."

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6273

It wasn't just lil ol Kerry that accused the troops of war crimes. It was a sitting US Senator.
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking to Kerry, Senator Pell said:

"The problem is that the majority of the people in the Congress still don't agree with the view that you and we have. As the chairman pointed out, and as you know as a student of political science, whenever we wanted to end this war, we could have ended this war if the majority of us had used the power of the purse strings. That was just as true 5 years ago as it is today."[Senator Pell, Member of Committee on Foreign Affairs, 1971]

This Committee didn't care whether Kerry was fraudulent in his testimony or whether the veterans behind him were real soldiers or anti-war protestors impersonating soldiers - what mattered was the common agenda.

It answers one question - Why wasn't Kerry forthcoming in presenting the sworn affidavits of the veterans he represented, and why the Committee wasn't eager to get them - because they knew that Kerry and his band of brothers were bogus!

No, John O'Neil didn't stand a snowball's chance to be heard before this prejudiced Committee - it was all a staged event to bring President Nixon to his knees and be stigmatized as the first U.S. President to lose a war.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Cooper wrote:
Speaking to Kerry, Senator Pell said:

[b]"The problem is that the majority of the people in the Congress still don't agree with the view that you and we have. /snip

This Committee didn't care whether Kerry was fraudulent in his testimony or whether the veterans behind him were real soldiers or anti-war protestors impersonating soldiers - what mattered was the common agenda.

It answers one question - Why wasn't Kerry forthcoming in presenting the sworn affidavits of the veterans he represented, and why the Committee wasn't eager to get them - because they knew that Kerry and his band of brothers were bogus!

From what i remember of watching the hearings at the time there was an inordinate amount of smiling, handshaking, and accolades.. i mean for gods sake we were listening to the admissions of a war criminal!!!
That's how i perceived it then.

but now,,, not.......
leftknee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Testimony 1971 Reply with quote

Watched a replay Sunday on C-SPAN. Could not help but comment to my wife at the end when Kerry recieved the ovation, that this was "the high point of Kerry's life. He has never gotten close to this moment since then". Can I be corrected?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 1971 Committee on Foreign Affairs denied John O'Neil a hearing to counter Kerry's testimony! This is the first I've heard of this - I haven't read "Unfit for Command" - but this is in line with the committee's agenda:

Page 102, Unfit for Command: "John O'Neill, a Navy veteran who had also served in Vietnam in Coastal Division 11, had written to the committee asking for an opportunity to give his testimony. The committee's written response indicated that the schedule was very full and there would be no time available. John O'Neill supported the war in Vietnam."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: