SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there Additional Financing for Ads?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Is there Additional Financing for Ads? Reply with quote

Quote:
The Swiftees, however, are catching up. So far, the Swift boat veterans have done most of their damage with less than a million bucks. But now Washington insiders say the group will be backed by Progress America, a 527 organization that has already raised about $25 million.

http://www.nationalreview.com/kudlow/kudlow200408301535.asp
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is really good news if true!
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

That is great news indeed. Guess I don't need to brow beat people anymore to donate.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

We need to be careful. If we take money from Progress America and they are incorporated, we lose our exemption. There is also the lingering issue of GOP influence to consider too.

Truth is Beauty
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The swiftvets need to do what they believe is best and will lead to ultimate success in every way sought. If that means merging with a big money 527, so be it. However, I still like to think of this as a grass roots revolution, a people's rejection of lies, treachery, and manipulation, and restoration of honor for our vietnam vets.

Bringing in the big money seems to take the edge off that, but we will see what happens. I do know that, at the snap of a finger, the swiftvets can double their coffers....they have at least 32000 willing contributors who enthusiastically support this fight and will continue to support it. I don't see money every being a problem. Very Happy Very Happy

Zell Miller
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I the swifty's get 5 million it will be over fast. I to, like the idea of a grass roots effort. But whatever it takes it takes
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true, how much of the $25 mil do the Swiftvets get for their commercials? Will they be able to expand them to more states?
The article states that Progress America raised $25 mil, it doesn't say anything about sharing it with us. Do they have their own commercials?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: