SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling DOUG REESE

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Calling DOUG REESE Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:02 am; edited 3 times in total
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Calling DOUG REESE Reply with quote

hist/student wrote:
Mr Reese I sent you a private message some days ago as I've found your detailing of events concerning Kerry's Silver Star to be quite illuminating.

All I've wanted to know from the get go is what happend. You have supplied considerable information on the Vets only board, appairently all of it first hand.

However as you've digressed into parsing memories with 'the bandit' you've impressed me more and more with your appairent goal of making sure you cast just enough doupt on the SWIFTVETS to get Kerry in the clear. Not unlike Johny Cockran.

I still would like to know what I asked you in my P M to you, namely 'what was your possition with Kerry during the war?'

Yet again however I have a more potent question for you which may or may not be of any bearing whatsoever. However I feel it to be pertinant to understanding your 'point of view'

'Point of view' and varied distorted memories are at the root of your dialogue with 'the bandit'.... 'after thirty years you're playing 'he said she said'

My question involves your current or recent relationship with the Communist Government of Vietnam.

Apairently you personally are the primary U S representative of the communists sole tourist agency in the U S.

Is this correct?

If this is so, What is the relationship between the company you work for and Kerry's families buisness in Boston 'Colliers international'?

It seems to me getting western tourists thru vietnam is the best way to get prospective inverstors to develop real estate in country.

Developing real estate in Vietnam is one of the Forbes families lines of income thru Colliers International?

Please clarify for me.

I found this information by doing a simple google search of your name in conjunction with 'vietnam' , Quite allot came up.

To y''alls credit I was ammused to find you really do have a board for vietnam vets who support john Kerry. I found it odd you did not supply the link to your mesage board when discussing that very issue elsewhere on this board.

Thanks for your time.

I think most of this has been covered. I'll answer down here as I don't have time (or the patience) to do it otherwise.

I don't have a goal to "get Kerry in the clear". I do have a goal for the truth, which is what this place is supposed to be about.

What was my position with Kerry during the war? I'm not sure what you mean. I met him a few times when the Swifts came to our village. I went out with him on the boats twice, on 28 Feb, 1969 and on 13 Mar, 1969. However I wasn't on his boat for either mission.

There is no "sole" tourist agency for Vietnam. Vietnamtourism is one of perhaps 100-200 tourist agencies in Vietnam. Many government and many private. There is no relationship between Vietnamtourism and/or myself and Colliers. What I know about Collier's is what I read on the net.

I have a board for vets who are for Kerry? That's news to me. Perhaps you could tell me about it. And if you are referring to "VetsforKerry" (someone just commented about that in another thread here, I just figured out what he was talking about), I believe I posted to that board a couple of times several months ago. By no stretch is it "my" board. If I remember correctly, it's part of the Kerry Campaign apparatus.

Doug
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:03 am; edited 3 times in total
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Calling DOUG REESE Reply with quote

hist/student wrote:
Mr Reese I sent you a private message some days ago as I've found your detailing of events concerning Kerry's Silver Star to be quite illuminating.

All I've wanted to know from the get go is what happend. You have supplied considerable information on the Vets only board, appairently all of it first hand.

However as you've digressed into parsing memories with 'the bandit' you've impressed me more and more with your appairent goal of making sure you cast just enough doupt on the SWIFTVETS to get Kerry in the clear. Not unlike Johny Cockran.

I still would like to know what I asked you in my P M to you, namely 'what was your possition with Kerry during the war?'

Yet again however I have a more potent question for you which may or may not be of any bearing whatsoever. However I feel it to be pertinant to understanding your 'point of view'

'Point of view' and varied distorted memories are at the root of your dialogue with 'the bandit'.... 'after thirty years you're playing 'he said she said'

My question involves your current or recent relationship with the Communist Government of Vietnam.

Apairently you personally are the primary U S representative of the communists sole tourist agency in the U S.

Is this correct?

If this is so, What is the relationship between the company you work for and Kerry's families buisness in Boston 'Colliers international'?

It seems to me getting western tourists thru vietnam is the best way to get prospective inverstors to develop real estate in country.

Developing real estate in Vietnam is one of the Forbes families lines of income thru Colliers International?

Please clarify for me.

I found this information by doing a simple google search of your name in conjunction with 'vietnam' , Quite allot came up.

To y''alls credit I was ammused to find you really do have a board for vietnam vets who support john Kerry. I found it odd you did not supply the link to your mesage board when discussing that very issue elsewhere on this board.

Thanks for your time.

I answered you twice, I believe. Once directly, and once in a thread. Let me go look for that one.

Doug
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:03 am; edited 2 times in total
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Calling DOUG REESE Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
hist/student wrote:

Doug snipped some of this . . . . .

Thanks for your time.

I answered you twice, I believe. Once directly, and once in a thread. Let me go look for that one.

Doug

Sorry -- I mistakenly thought you had just sent this message. Remind me to read the date/time Smile

Doug
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to put my comments in between your's . . . .

hist/student wrote:
"They think Vietnam is like North Korea," said Doug Reese, the Washington-based representative for VietnamTourism, a government agency

I believe that's a communist govt.

Doug: And your point, is? (You apparently missed my point) I think we all know Vietnam has a communist government.

When I said y'all I was not speaking of you specifically but rather of 'Veterans for Kerry' as a larger group.

Of the hundreds of vet's and active duty folk I've spoken with about the issue of Kerry running for Comander in Chief.... You are the only one I've met who supports Kerry.

Doug: I guess you just haven't spoken to the right people.

About the connection with Colliers, a Forbes (hence Kerry) family buisness. If I were looking for investors in a communist country... one tangent I would pursue would be getting as many prospective investors into that country as possable.... hence tourism.... vietnamn tourism, Doug Reese.

Those dots make a picture.... not a clear picture but a picture

Doug: Not clear is putting it mildly. I have nothing whatsoever to do with Colliers or the Forbes family. You can connect dots until you're blue in the face -- there's no connection.

About your conection with Kerry in Vietnam, you have covered that well in the Vets only section.

I still find your peacemeal stringing out of facts to be highly dubious and If given the oportunity would want to ask you face to face when and what was your last contact with Kerry.... or rather with his representatives.

Doug: Ask me here, or ask me somewhere else -- I'l be more than happy to meet you or anyone else here face to face. (Unless your offer is as insincere as Bandit's was) The answer would still be the same. My only contact with John Kerry after the war was in 1988, as I said earlier somewhere on this board. We spent perhaps 30 minutes together. A few years later I had a meet-and-greet with him. That was for about 10 seconds. That's all for Kerry.

As for Kerry's "representatives", I met several of them on the same day I attended the SBVT news conference. They apparently hastily put together their own news conference, which was right afterwards, on the floor below.

I spoke briefly to several of the people there while waiting to say hello to Del Sandusky, who I hadn't spoken to for 35 years.

Have you been supplied with a description of events leading up to Kerry's Silver Star award, any description at all. Have you written a description of events for yourself to keep it all straight whil'st discussing the issues with the Bandit on the Vets only page.

If no to either of the above questions, How do you keep it all straight?

Doug: Well, it isn't too difficult to remember the truth. Secondly, I was there -- as you should be well aware of by now, so no one needs to supply me with a "description of the events leading up to Kerry's Silver Star award".

More to the point if yes to either of the above... please do tell more??
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug,

Regardless of politics, I appreciate your information on the incident for which John Kerry received his Silver Star. Regardless of whether a Silver Star was the appropriate award for the action (a choice made by the Navy, not John Kerry), your description has provided a great deal of insight into what happened that day. It has substantially altered my view of the incident.
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:04 am; edited 2 times in total
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hist/student wrote:
On the day of the Swiftvet's press conference, where did you eat lunch?

I used to work in that part of town.

I was getting ready to go to VN, so couldn't afford to hang around. I ate at home.

Doug
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: