SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry supporters: Can't ANYONE answer the question?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Kerry supporters: Can't ANYONE answer the question? Reply with quote

I asked in another thread, and none of you have answered: What would it take for Kerry supporters to stop their support?

Now, we already know that most veterans, by a huge number, support Bush. But that aside... what would it take for you Kerry supporters to change your positions?

Is there ANYTHING that could be in his past that would get you to reconsider? Is there ANY action or activity he could have done that would cause you to re-evaluate your position?
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck 95. This forum is populated by Bush haters, not Kerry supporters. Kerry's past just does not matter to them.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry supporters: Can't ANYONE answer the question? Reply with quote

95 bxl wrote:
I asked in another thread, and none of you have answered: What would it take for Kerry supporters to stop their support?

John Kerry applying for a Marriage Licence in Massachusetts with Osama Bin Laden.
Morto
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if Kerry told the truth about his true beliefs the only ones that would still vote for him are the communists, anarchists, and watermelons in the Kuchinich/Nader/Dean camp.

Morto
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now, we already know that most veterans, by a huge number, support Bush. But that aside... what would it take for you Kerry supporters to change your positions?

Wrong

Quote:
Base
Bush has seen some erosion among parts of his base. His job approval rating is down by eight points among men since last month, down by seven points among Republicans and down by 11 points among conservatives. (Women, Democrats, independents, liberals and moderates are virtually unchanged.) It's also down by seven points among those who say Iraq is the most important issue in their vote, and in veteran households.

Some of this has translated to the horse race. Men were +13 for Bush last month; now they divide almost evenly. Conservatives were +53 for Bush; now they're +36. Veteran households were +10 for Bush; now they divide about evenly

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/Polls/bush_iraq_poll_040524.html
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, left-leaning ABC News? Laughing Laughing Laughing

The very same ABC News that, back in February, put up the following on their website in the political commentary section, The Note;

"Like every other institution, the Washington and political press corps operate with a good number of biases and predilections.

"They include, but are not limited to, a near-universal shared sense that liberal political positions on social issues like gun control, homosexuality, abortion, and religion are the default, while more conservative positions are 'conservative positions.'

"They include a belief that government is a mechanism to solve the nation's problems; that more taxes on corporations and the wealthy are good ways to cut the deficit and raise money for social spending and don't have a negative affect on economic growth; and that emotional examples of suffering (provided by unions or consumer groups) are good ways to illustrate economic statistic stories. ...

"The press, by and large, does not accept President Bush's justifications for the Iraq war – in any of its WMD, imminent threat, or evil-doer formulations. It does not understand how educated, sensible people could possibly be wary of multilateral institutions or friendly, sophisticated European allies.

"It does not accept the proposition that the Bush tax cuts helped the economy by stimulating summer spending.

"It remains fixated on the unemployment rate.

"It believes President Bush is 'walking a fine line' with regards to the gay marriage issue, choosing between 'tolerance' and his 'right-wing base.'

"It still has a hard time understanding how, despite the drumbeat of conservative grass-top complaints about overspending and deficits, President Bush's base remains extremely and loyally devoted to him – and it looks for every opportunity to find cracks in that base.

"Of course, the swirling Joe Wilson and National Guard stories play right to the press's scandal bias – not to mention the bias towards process stories (grand juries produce ENDLESS process!).

"The worldview of the dominant media can be seen in every frame of video and every print word choice that is currently being produced about the presidential race."

And now, you would have us believe any objectiveness they may have?
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the results? This is two basic questions. Who do you support and are you a veteran? Kind of hard to add bias there.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is two basic questions. Who do you support and are you a veteran? Kind of hard to add bias there.

Sure you want to go there, Mike?

As for me, I support Bush over Kerry any day.

Am I a veteran? Does June 1969 to December of 1970 (Actually didn't lift off from Cam Rhan until the morning of January 1, 1971) serving with C Troop 7/17th Air Cav all over the Central Highlands count?

As for bias, I'm not the media. I'm just a veteran working to support myself as a mechanic, raised two daughters who now have families of their own and am sick of being spoon fed garbage in the name of news by the predominantly leftist media.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
Don't like the results? This is two basic questions. Who do you support and are you a veteran? Kind of hard to add bias there.

Bush, and yes, I am a veteran.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys having a hard time following a series of posts? It was regarding the poll by ABC/Washington Post. Veterans support is about evenly split between Bush and Kerry.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
You guys having a hard time following a series of posts? It was regarding the poll by ABC/Washington Post. Veterans support is about evenly split between Bush and Kerry.

Problem is that isn't the questions asked (as evidenced by the way the breakdown is provided). Veteran household is not the same as veteran.
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Veterans support is about evenly split between Bush and Kerry.

Funny, everywhere I read, it's about 3 to 1 against Kerry from Vietnam vets.

Quote:
LATEST PRESIDENTIAL POLL RESULTS, VIETNAM VETS
This is an ongoing poll. Please send any data to Magruder44@aol.com.
Results as of May 27, 2004:

GROUPS WITH DATA
§ 6 Vietnam vets this weekend at HS reunion, all oppose Kerry. Dan Haney - 602nd Air Commando Sq. A1 pilot ’67
§ Out of 45 Vietnam veterans... all say pooh on JFK...100%. powmiavets
§ Our heli-vets pol shows 160 against and 6 for Kerry. Ron Leonard, 25th Aviation Battalion
§ I know about 650 Vietnam vets and their attitude toward about Kerry is 100% negative. Dan Decker, TSgt. USAF (ret.)
§ I know thousands of vets .I would say the opinion is about 98% against Kerry. Tony Cartlidge-Vietnam Combat Marine, 1968
§ Of 27 Vietnam Veterans I know, including myself, not one is willing to vote for John Kerry. Charles Banto, USMC 1958-1974, 2 tours in Vietnam
§ 100,000 e-mails, almost all veterans, around 100 to 1 against Kerry. Don Bendell, Special Forces, Vietnam, 1968-69, noted author
§ Out of 25 guys,85%-95% against Kerry. Mike- mleonardos
§ 240 vets, mostly Vietnam, 85% against Kerry. Tony Newcomb, Cpt.U.S.Army (ret.)
§ Of the more than 2500 veterans of all ranks who responded, 59 took umbrage with what I had to say (against Kerry). Mark A. Smith, former POW, Vietnam, Holder, Distinguished Service Cross
§ An ongoing poll, with names and comments at 11thcavnam.com is running 16 for Bush, 4 for Kerry (80% for Bush.)
§ 12 Vietnam vets, all of whom are against John Kerry. Vietnam vet, Tom Taylor
§ I'd make the numbers 80 to 20 against Kerry. Philip Topps, Cpt. Inf.(ret), 1st Inf. Div. 69-70
§ 100 against Kerry - 0 for him. Storrs Warinner- F-4 pilot Ubon 67-68
§ A summary of individual votes sent in to V.V.A.R. is running 12 for Bush, 3 for Kerry.

GROUPS WITH NO DATA
§ Every vet we know is opposed to Kerry. Chuck and Mary Schantag, P.O.W. Network
§ Rangers are 100% against Kerry. NOATLMUS44 - President
§ Every veteran I've talked to is against Kerry. Major General Carl Snyder (ret.) , Air Force, Korea and Vietnam
§ I am anti-Kerry, as are most of my friends who are Vietnam veterans. Stud 369
§ I share the distrust I hear from my veteran colleagues. Peter McHugh, CW4 USA, ’67-’68, ’71-’72
§ I would say 90% of the military here (power plant) are against Kerry. P.Rein

This article may be reproduced in any form.

Leonard Magruder

http://www.i-served.com/v-v-a-r.org/Bush-Kerry_POLL.html

Had Kerry and Democrats not decided to make Vietnam such a central focus in this election, he just might have held more support from vets. But, that's purely academic now.

Last edited by LewWaters on Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Speedy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
This forum is populated by Bush haters, not Kerry supporters
You might be on to something Idea
I believe there is only 1 vet on here who is voting for Kerry.
I CAN'T vote for bush, but will cry if Kerry wins Sad I dunno, maybe I'll vote for Bush when the due date arrives.... Confused
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I CAN'T vote for bush, but will cry if Kerry wins

Speedy, you can't have it both ways. Only the likes of Kerry can stand up and say with a straight face, "I actually voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it."

What with the system we have, not voting because you don't like a particular candidate is about the same as voting for his opponent. One thing we Americans need to always remember is that Hitler was initially elected due to extremely poor voter turnout. I'd hate to ever see anything like that happen here.

Until we can get another party as strong as the two dominant ones we have, we are stuck with only two real choices. If we don't make our voice heard (and that is regardless of which candidate we may support) we are allowing someone else to choose for us. It isn't a perfect system, but it's what we have for now.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: