SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

famulus - Why you need to listen!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: famulus - Why you need to listen! Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

(Admin - forgive me, I just can't let this one pass.)

I understand completely your right to voice whatever opinion you might think justified. However, let's examine a few things that get lost in the partisan rhetoric and 'talking points' that you are so quick to parrot.

First, the members of this forum have said over and over again, that this is not POLITICAL - this is PERSONAL! They have legitimate and validated points regarding the service of John Kerry. They were there - I was not, and neither were YOU. There are also a vast number of Vietnam Veterans that have justified reasons for condeming the actions of John Kerry after his service. My guess is that you have never been a part of any branch of the U.S. military, so therefore cannot understand that the positions taken by SBVFT are not attacks on Mr. Kerry's characters - they are REVELATIONS.

Secondly, you also denegrate the service of the Guard and Reserve members of the military that have served, not only honorably, but also have in the past, as they are today, been placed directly in harms way defending this country.

Lastly, objectivity in politics is obviously purely subjective on your part. In the military, objectivity is a necessity. The weapons of war do not differentiate between political persuasions. The men and women of the military do not enlist based on party affiliations, they serve to defend our country.

I am an Air National Guard combat veteran, and I am a proud supporter of this group because they are men who fought with honor, many sacrificing years and years of their lives as POW's, and many living with scars and disabilities that you most lilely will never be able to fathom.

I have intentionally made an attempt to keep this reply civil, because I believe that is the best way to help you understand why this effort is important to the men who were betrayed by the testimony and allegations of John Kerry.

You do not have to agree with their position - but you must listen and understand - they have earned it!

Dragon
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, he doesn't have the right to POST whatever opinion he might think justified.

It's not personal, it's just the policy set by the owners of this forum.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the hypocracy of those denouncing the SwiftVets is ringing loud and clear with the American public.

Its time to send you guys another 100 bucks!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't get to read the original post. It must have been a troll.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the original post is long gone. We have a low quota for Kerry Talking Points here. Wink

Thanks for the good points, y'all - the truth always wins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: