SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone considered
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Has anyone considered Reply with quote

The psycological damage that occurs to a Veteran. Most of us were 17-18 years old when we went in. I for one am changed forever by the Corps. I have seen and done things that no farm boy from Nebraska could have imagined. I couldn't relate to the kid's that I grew up with, they had no clue. Imagine taking a school boy that just graduated and 3 months later he is dodging bullets, mortars etc. Compound that by throwing in an idiot from his own team lying, and sympathizing with the ones that are shooting at him. Get off the plane in Frisco, kiss the ground and immediately get spit on by a bunch of punks. Then for 30 years he has to live with the issues that he could not resolve involving the actual combat, while his own country hated him. Then after 30 years you are finally coming to terms with it when the ******* runs for President, once again you are called to duty to defend your Nation. Thank you Swift Vets, and all Nam Vets that have answered that call for duty. Semper Fi Soldiers.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each and every one of us has had to deal with whatever we saw or did there best we can. For me, the constant barage telling me what a ticking time bomb I was and how screwed up I was supposed to be, was as bad, if not worse, than what I saw there.

I had it a bit better than many other guys, staying on active duty another 6 years after 'Nam. Compared to others, the "spitting" I received coming home was relatively minor.

I join you in saluting all who served, be that service in country or later, even members of the reserve and guard, which is not draft dodging.
Craig

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone considered Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
The psycological damage that occurs to a Veteran. Most of us were 17-18 years old when we went in. I for one am changed forever by the Corps. I have seen and done things that no farm boy from Nebraska could have imagined. I couldn't relate to the kid's that I grew up with, they had no clue. Imagine taking a school boy that just graduated and 3 months later he is dodging bullets, mortars etc. Compound that by throwing in an idiot from his own team lying, and sympathizing with the ones that are shooting at him. Get off the plane in Frisco, kiss the ground and immediately get spit on by a bunch of punks. Then for 30 years he has to live with the issues that he could not resolve involving the actual combat, while his own country hated him. Then after 30 years you are finally coming to terms with it when the ******* runs for President, once again you are called to duty to defend your Nation. Thank you Swift Vets, and all Nam Vets that have answered that call for duty. Semper Fi Soldiers.

"Frisco'?
Gotta laugh. Someone said something about spotting a phony by his language. I had asked if he meant about someone who used too much jargon.
Where you from dude? NewYawk?
If you want to be convincing you should try to not over dramatize what you hear other people say.
Yer name would not be Billy AKA Griz would it? He talked a lot of "woe is me" crap just like you do.
He would have been around 16 when them video's was taken of the last choppers out of Vietnam. - He told me that he lied about his age to get into Army > Airborne > trained in special stuff that they do not even have name for.

Anyway - his 'line' matches your so well that I am amazed.
You been mistreated for thirty years - well sh*t on my petunia you sorry crybaby. WW II vets came home in bunches. Even without some ******** who had bad attitude toward troops there was not enough dedicated spitters to give attention to even much of a fraction that come home in the constant recycling over so many years.
Or - if you were there and came home maybe it was to a place where no one liked you before you left. But I doubt that you are old enough now to be more than a crosswalk "gaurd" - Old school, of course.
Any of my associates got spit on I am sure would have kicked some ass right quick and not been such whining crybaby about it.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me your address little girl. Lew ignore this ignorant little wanabe. He is so ignorant that he can't even thank a Vet on Memorial day speaks volumes. I say at this point the administrators need to see this CR*P that he posted. What an ungrateful punk.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Very poorly written, Marine4life. I can't believe you called someone "illiterate" in another topic!

Your first sentence was incomplete
Veteran shouldn't have been capitalized
psycological misspelled
kid's no apostrophe needed
Nation shouldn't have been capitalized

Why not tell us more about what you meant by 'I have seen and done things." What did you do?
Marine4life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another step over post Lew. ignorance at it's finest.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they should look back to the late 40's and find a copy of the movie, "The Best Years of Our Lives." Seems that even back then, the subject of returning vets was on a lot of peoples minds.

As for the rest of their nonsense, neither of those two deserve a reply from me and I have to concur with your idea that one, if not both, should be barred from the site. It's not my call, though.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least you're not calling anyone "illiterate." That last post breaks records, especially for being within two small incomplete sentences.

Also, why not tell us more about what you meant by 'I have seen and done things." What did you do?
Marine4life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me while I step over, ug ok here I am, Good job Lew. No response is necessary. And I certainly will not lower my standards to address them anymore. Semper Fi.
Craig

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Each and every one of us has had to deal with whatever we saw or did there best we can. For me, the constant barage telling me what a ticking time bomb I was and how screwed up I was supposed to be, was as bad, if not worse, than what I saw there.

I had it a bit better than many other guys, staying on active duty another 6 years after 'Nam. Compared to others, the "spitting" I received coming home was relatively minor.

I join you in saluting all who served, be that service in country or later, even members of the reserve and guard, which is not draft dodging.

My goodness! Did Administrator settle for scans of an easily forged document for all of you?

I think if I was going to administer a group and want them to demonstrate that they are veterans I would require evidence from both sides of who I might favor and disfavor. - DD-214 don't mean squat. I think I would require poster to go to the nearest VA clinic where they can sign up and get themselves a card that would be at least a bit of difficult to forge.
And if any scamps is old enough to have had an RA number it is lost in the flotsam. They put your SS# on the goddamned thing. - But I suppose that most or all you folks who aren't honey had SS# on your dog tags.
- or a US number. They seemed a minority where I was and I tend to forget about them.

Damn! I was just remembering something. I keep seeing folks talk so highly of NG from back then. - I wasn't especially into it but I recall that it was greatly figured to the RA and even the US folks that NG meant "No Good".
Hell. I was not even as down on the company sissy who dropped his rifle in fear when it went "Bang!". I figured to hell with him. Let the bugger go home. Didn't want him in same Army I was in anyway.
Didn't like the harassment of the bolo's at jump school either. Bugger could not jump from the tower just send them to do something else. No damned use at all to humiliate them in front of the whole company.

Oh well. bye be. Was just thinking about stuff that would not mean a thing to wannabez.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig, you are getting worse by the minute. I'm still waiting for you to supply where and when you actually served. My name is recorded in the unit's roster I served with. I have no need to fabricate anything, much less my DD-214.

As for your jump school rhetoric, where I was sitting, the thought was, "there are only two things that fall from the sky, bird **** and fools." Laughing Didn't exactly go over well when attending the NCO Acadamy in Ft. Bragg.

Oh yes, I have copies of Letters of Commendation I received for graduating on the Commandants List then, as well as making Honor Graduate from the OH-6A Helicopter Repair course in Ft. Eutis, Va. Do they count, since DD-214s don't now?

Last edited by LewWaters on Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Compared to others, the "spitting" I received coming home was relatively minor. "

That spitting thing was an urban myth. http://slate.msn.com/id/1005224/
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
Excuse me while I step over, ug ok here I am, Good job Lew. No response is necessary. And I certainly will not lower my standards to address them anymore. Semper Fi.

Yah, that's really the best policy with some of these guys.

Just laugh. Wink

They wouldn't get this "Duty, honor, country" thing if it jumped up and bit them on the nose.

The veteran backlash is just beginning! Here's to vets!

They served their country well, before - and they're serving her well, again....

Leading the way in this mutiny against possibly the worst Democratic candidate in the history of the country.

Fallll in!!! Tennnnn-hut! Guidons POST! Forwarrrrrrrd - MARCH!!!! Wink

http://www.kerrylied.com
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, Sparky, you're actully trying to tell those of us who did get spit on, both actual and figurative, that it never happened?

Get a grip, son.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Lew he claimed to me in another thread that he didn't serve and was not a Vet. He also claimed that he did time in about 3-4 joints here in Ca. Now he is decorated war hero like Kerry, in the Army wow it just keeps getting better and better. If he would have served he would have an RE code of -10. Let me copy my DD and draft his name on it so he will have something, That won't work either I would have to have his SSN and that could open a whole bag of worm's for him.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: