SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tim Russert admits Kerry is losing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Russert was wrong. A 3 hour news conference would have exposed Kerry and all his lies. This strategy only works if you have the truth on your side.
AFVVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Fly boy with you. Reply with quote

This ex-fly boy with you wet foots. We have every right to say we DO NOT support Kerry, and explain WHY, as Max Cleland (who I honor for his sacrifice) has a right to say he DOES support Kerry and explain WHY.

Kerry said "BRING - IT - ON" and when brought on sent a triple amputee to try to shut it down. Confirms what we know about his character.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If 60 minutes is putting together a smear piece on Bush there will be SEVERE backlash on them becuase nobody except angry democrats has made an issue of it. 260 honorable vietnam veterans are being intimidated and harrased by Kerry campaigners and shadowy DNC figures becuase they are coming forward and giving their eyewitness accounts on Kerry's character and actions and Shi**y Minutes ignores all that to attack Bush for serving in the national guard?. I wish them luck with that and i hope they will fall by the wayside after the election.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck, I think you're right about the backlash effect. Especially right now.

But, name just ONE right turn that the Kerry Kampf or the pro-Kerry media has taken since the DNC convention?

It's gotten to the point that it's almost painful to watch, they're doing such stupid stuff! Wink
angrylady
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: ...Russert... Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
Premature rodomontade. Rassmussen still reports a dead heat!

Rassmussen only has a handful of people in the poll from the first night of the convention. He says you won't start seeing poll numbers reflecting the convention until Thursday and the full effect won't be seen until the weekend.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy,
You've got to wonder.
Nominating Kerry , known damaged goods.. Swiftvets WARNED HIM.
- Is this the last death throws of the Democrats ( unlikely in my view )
- Is this a setup for the Clintons in 2008 ( Much more likely )
- Is this just normal human stupidity. the kind of stupidity that permeates every human endeavor and hopefully highlights efforts born in TRUTH. ( VERY LIKELY )
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 60 minutes show will only help Bush if it does air. It will show the undecideds that 60 minutes also partakes in Bush bashing. Bush has never made an issue of his National guard service, unlike Kerry and Vietnam. The dems since 2000 have been throwing this National Guard thing around and it hasn't hurt Bush yet.

Also, and I heard this the other day on the radio, people who served in the National guard were also at risk and a man who called in was furious that the liberal media is trying to paint National guard service as some sort of picnic. I remember reading that Bush flew a jet that was difficult to fly and some National guard people were killed in training. So, 60 dismissing Bush's national guard service will only help Bush.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
If 60 minutes is putting together a smear piece on Bush there will be SEVERE backlash on them becuase nobody except angry democrats has made an issue of it. 260 honorable vietnam veterans are being intimidated and harrased by Kerry campaigners and shadowy DNC figures becuase they are coming forward and giving their eyewitness accounts on Kerry's character and actions and Shi**y Minutes ignores all that to attack Bush for serving in the national guard?. I wish them luck with that and i hope they will fall by the wayside after the election.

I seem to recall that a prominent 60 Minutes personality was sued by General Westmoreland for defamation. It was a big deal back in the day...

60 Minutes whole position and attitude about anything related to the Vietnam War was laid down long ago. That program should never be trusted on anything even remotely touching on that issue...period.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolajl wrote:
It ain't over till it's over. Don't get confident. Go over to Instapundit for the link on the apparent shakeup. Seems they're bringing in some of the staff from Clinton's campaign.

Also, there's a potential bombshell . . . seems that 60 Minutes may be airing interview with this Texas guy who claims to have pulled the strings for Bush back when was of draft age.

That bombshell is nothing but OLD news. The guy came out 4 years ago, too.

He says he helped Bush, but that no one ever asked him to! It sounded to me, 4 years ago, like the guy saw an application from a Congressman's kid and MAYBE took it upon himself to help out thinking that he might curry political favor. Of course, if no one knows you helped out then what favor could you get? None. It has been unclear, anyway, if any help was needed. There was supposedly a waiting list for the unit, BUT we all know that it's tough to get into flight school so a qualifying candidate, like W, might have gotten in without the last name Bush.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Tim Russert admits Kerry is losing Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Tim Russert (now on Hannity's radio show) just opined that when history is written about this election it will show the two critical mistakes that Kerry made in this campaign and one of them was his failure to fully meet the SVFT challenges head-on with [a 3-hour news conference, opened up and answering all the questions.] In other words, answer the questions. The significant thing here is the fact that Tim Russert is already speculating on what history will say about this election and it ain't good for Kerry. If anyone else heard this and agrees with what I think I just heard I would like to hear your take on it.

Late to this party, but I disagree on your take here. The implication of Russert's remarks is that Kerry COULD HAVE answered the questions and still remained viable.

Sorry Tim, you may be getting there, but you're just rounding first base.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10,

I would be easy on Tim Russert. Even now, I don't think he realizes just how deep Kerry's mendacity goes. Can't blame him. Until I read "Unfit for Command" and checked out the charges myself, I didn't believe it either....

Truth is Beauty
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:

I would be easy on Tim Russert.

Polaris, my baseball analogy is about 1 in an escalating vitriol scale of 1 to 10.

As I'm not versed in Tim Russert's particular track record in terms of SBVT (I'm rarely able these days to view a screen other than my computer), perhaps I might have been less kind Wink

As long as the subject has been raised, how is Mr. Russert's credibility doing relative to the rest of the MSM?
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10,

I don't know how Tim Russert is doing w/r/t the rest of the MSM credibility-wise, but I do know that he is respected. As for the SBVT, I think he is genuinely undecided...at least that is the impression I got listening to him today....and wants to give Kerry the benefit of the doubt.

That said, I would note that he was one of the first MSM jouralists to actually question Kerry about his 1971 testimony. Kerry blew him off and no one else picked up on the story (this is where Kerry's 'over the top' quote comes from BTW). This happened around July IIRC.

Truth is Beauty
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to share this with all your Guard and Reserve friends:

"George Bush betrayed his country by not fighting in Vietnam"
-- Mary Anne Marsh, Democratic campaign strategist (Hannity & Colmes, Aug 23, 2004)

Ms. Marsh apparently did not offer her views on Bill Clinton, John Edwards, Tom Harkin or Al Hubbard.

Last edited by Billman on Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billman wrote:
"George Bush betrayed his country by not fighting in Vietnam"
-- Mary Anne Marsh, Kerry campaign strategist

Kerry campaign::Strategy as Titanic::Deck chairs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: