SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry would allow Iran to retain its nuclear facilities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Kerry would allow Iran to retain its nuclear facilities Reply with quote

Kerry and EU would offer Iran a nuclear deal

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_5.html

Just what we need, a bunch of flaming fanatics with nukes.
We have to stop Kerry. It's more important than ever.

Last edited by BuffaloJack on Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it'd work just as well as Clinton's deal with N. Korea did.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: explain ... Reply with quote

Someone explain to me why a Middle Eastern country with oil reserves needs Nuclear Power plants ... to let them retain them in any form is foolish ... I live in NYC and will consider leaving if Kerry gets elected, I can't risk my wife like that ... It won't be a handful of buildings next time ...
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry and EU would offer Iran a nuclear deal

Sure, and if Iran didn't do exactly as John F-ing Kerry says, then F-ing would report them to the UN! Boy, that'll learn 'em!!!!!!!!!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing Israel will take them out.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: explain ... Reply with quote

FF1047 wrote:
Someone explain to me why a Middle Eastern country with oil reserves needs Nuclear Power plants ... to let them retain them in any form is foolish ...

Because nuclear power produces cheaper electricity, and they can sell the oil for more money than they spend on nuclear power. Then there's the part about an unlimited fuel source for nuclear power as opposed to the fossil fuels used in other types of power plants. When oil becomes scarce, the price will be astronomical, but nuclear fuel costs won't be effected by that. Even making oil from coal is a very expensive process. I know of an oil field that produces 100,000 barrels a day, and using oil to produce enough power to run the entire operation claims 50,000 of those barrels. The site is now using thermal energy to run the place, and that's the next panacea for power production. But it's not without some problems, and can't begin to compete with nuclear power in cost and effeciency.

Nobody in their right mind would be comfortable with Iran having any degree of nuclear capabilities. Having John F-ing Kerry in charge of our foreign policy would be an unending nightmare.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"At the end of the day [Bush officials] can argue all they want about their policies," Edwards said. "But the test is: Have they worked? And Iran is further along in developing a nuclear weapon than they were when George Bush came into office."

Let's see. So if Gore had won, Iran would now not be where it is in developing nuclear weapons, is that it? One thing we know for sure. Saddam would also be now about where Iran is, if not further. John Boy, to answer your question: Yes, Bush's polices have worked. I know you're pinning your hopes on America's failure abroad, but it ain't happening.

Kerry's idea of negotiating with Iran's Islamic fanatics, especially the same ones who held our Marines and embassy workers hostage in 1979 (despite Jimmy Carter's sensitive foreign policy) until Ronald Reagan was elected, is breathlessly naive. He is getting this from the Clinton playbook on how he dealt with North Korea and its nuclear weapons program ("let's see if we can bribe these guys"), and we saw how well that worked.

More evidence, may I say, of how Kerry is unfit for command.

Larry
Jim T.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great.

The next proposal we hear from the John-John's will revolve around sending some of those nice upstanding environmentalist protestors they have in New York City this week over to Tehran to convince them how bad and dangerous nuclear energy is. That should do it.

This is what is called the "nuanced intellectual" approach.
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carter screwed up our situation with Iran when he blinked, showed weakness. jk will make it a devistating mess. What the unfortunite thing is enlistment will drop, nobody will re-enlist, and jk wants to expand our sf. He has no clue that that will ultimately weaken us..More isn't always better, if it was that easy everyone would be. Just a thought...
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If for some strange reason, Kerry does win, I would pray that George Bush would do the right thing and take out those reactors before Kerry assumes office.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: