SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ret. Sen. Alan Simpson questions Kerry's 3 PHs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Ret. Sen. Alan Simpson questions Kerry's 3 PHs Reply with quote

I saw retired Sen. Alan K. Simpson (bio below) on w/Chris Matthews on MSNBC earlier this evening--another crusty old senator (and I mean that as a compliment!) who acted like he would gladly join Zell in taking Chrissieboy to the woodshed. Anyway, 2 points from their conversation:

1-Chrissieboy kept harping on what Zell meant by the comment Zell made "that it is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press"--just kept on and on. Sen. Simpson informed him that that part of the speech was a quote from the pamphlet that was distributed when the WWII Veterans' memorial was dedicated, and he let the boy know, in no uncertain terms, that he didn't like Chrissie's attitude in besmirching that quote that should be honored. Told Chris he is commissioner on the American Battle Monuments Commission. Chris wiped the egg off his face, backed down and apologized.

2-Sen. said he had served 2 years in the military and was in Germany at the end of the Occupation, and he just couldn't understand how someone could spend 4 months in Viet Nam and come out w/3 Purple Hearts. Chrissie wanted to know if he thought Kerry inflicted the wounds on himself. Sen. said he didn't think that--just wondered about it based on his own experience.

At least there's another high-profile politician out there questioning the Jr. Senator from Massachusetts!

Quote:
Senator Simpson retired from U.S. Senate in 1996 after representing the people of Wyoming for 18 years. While in the Senate, he served as assistant majority leader, assistant minority leader, and chairman of the Veterans' Affairs Committee. Senator Simpson served as director of the Institute of Politics at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government from 1998 to 2000. He is currently a partner in a law practice with two sons in Cody, Wyo., and is a director on several corporate and philanthropic boards. He holds a bachelor of science degree from the University of Wyoming, and earned a law degree from that university’s law school.

Go SwiftVets! Go Zell!
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chris Matthews is going to need to take a good, long, relaxing vacation. Laughing
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly needs to stick to softer targets than crusty old Senators. He's no match for them. Very Happy
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: boycott Reply with quote

Best thing to do is to have all conservatives boycott this liberal nut. If he can't anyone on his program to voice the conservative position, his ratings will go even lower than they already are.
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After this week, I'm going to be finished with a lot of these cable geeks! Just don't want to miss another episode like the one last night with Zell!
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's no match for Michelle Malkin either but she was ambushed then denied an opportunity to return for more argument. It's not fair but we know who the better journalist is.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you all gone on Drudge and clicked on the video of Chris Mathews and Zell Miller? When you get on that site, you can vote as to who you think won: Zell or Chris! Guess what--86% now say that Zell is the winner!! You can also write and send them some feedback at powerlunch@cnbc.com. I had a wonderful time telling them that I thought Chris was bully who ended up whimpering after Zell finished with him Razz
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathews did not apologize to Simpson. Mad Mathews turned to the anti-Bush crowd and said something like, I didn't meant to insult the pamplet.

He is the worst possible excuse for a journalist I've ever seen.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... chris is horrible.... I usually never watch him.... more this week to see who he has on....I really dislike ron jr...... I like his brother,,,, weird... while I know ron jr actually looks more like his dad (of course).... when I see Michael REagon.... I see Pres Reagon.... it comes from the inside out.... (because of course he doesn't have any of his father's features) but he has the 'glow'....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: